What are you listening to? Part 6

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Songs From the Vatican Gift Shop is one of my all time favorite albums. Is the new album any good? I remember the 1st time Weiland went rogue then the Talk Show album came out which was pretty good but no STP.
I like it better than Talk Show. Definitely more an Army of Anyone vibe than the former but still STP as can be.

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
I remember seeing STP at the now defunct Louisville Gardens around 95. Played a solid 2+ hours. Half way through they exit the stage and everyone thought they were done. Then the Unplugged set drops from the ceiling and they played that. Chills man!! Freaking AWESOME show. One of the best I have seen.

Last edited:

sailfish

I remember seeing STP at the now defunct Louisville Gardens around 95. Played a solid 2+ hours. Half way through they exit the stage and everyone thought they were done. Then the Unplugged set droos from the ceiling and they played that. Chills man!! Freaking AWESOME show. One of the best I have seen.
I saw them in 2011. Played "Dead and Bloated" then did their farewell bows. Lights dimmed and they left the stage. A minute later, they ran back on and closed with "Trippin' On a Hole in a Paper Heart". Glad I got the chance to see them while Scott was still alive. Looking forward to seeing a show with the new guy too now though.

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
From one of my favorite/essential 90s albums. This band has evolved so much. I kinda fell behind, and haven't listened to much of their newer stuff. But the earlier period with bassist "Dirk Lance" was awesome.

SolidWoodPanel

Only discovered these guys within the past year but they've quickly been becoming one of my favorites.

Nice. Heavy metal, I think has always been under appreciated.
That Alien Weaponry song, that intro sounds just like another song. I know I have the album, I can't put my finger on it. I remember that build up and then singer belts "Release!"

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
Pretty sure Gojira was at Louder than Life here in Louisville a few years back. I don't remember it though, lol. Good festival we have here along with Bourbon and Beyond.

sailfish

Nice. Heavy metal, I think has always been under appreciated.
That Alien Weaponry song, that intro sounds just like another song. I know I have the album, I can't put my finger on it. I remember that build up and then singer belts "Release!"
It gives me Sepultura vibes.

sailfish

Purple is probably my favorite STP album but this is probably my favorite song of theirs. The solo rivals that of "Lounge Fly" for me. Hard to find a lot of good quality live performances of it though.

SolidWoodPanel

Never mind I found that song, it doesn't sound like that but still good. It still sounds like something else I know. I posted this a while back on Mix to Stereo.