what do part timers want in 2013

FAVREFAN

Not necessarily. If you are still in the 4 year progression the minimum hourley wage for the progression wage would go up proportionatley to the $10.00 per hour starting rate .Example based on this contract with a $10 base if you were in your fourth year now you rate would go up to base of 10.00 +.50 1st year+.50 2nd year+.50 3year +.87 4th year=$12.37 at the minimum, add to that .95 per hour 2013 contract raise ,at 5 years you would be $13.32 not including any sort raise or cost of living increase which could be another $1.12 an hour.
I understand what Loufan is saying Stewie. You say base of $10.00 but it currently isn't. It's a base of $8.50. So some guys with just over 5 years, out of progression might be just above someone who was in progression and got $1.50 bump up, you know? Didn't everyone get the $.50 last time when it went from $8 up to $8.50? I thought everyone would get the bump up post red circle of 1982.????? Anyone remember lst time?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Couldn't agree more. I make almost the same hourly wage as 22.3's, pay damn near the same dues each week but work a bit more than 1/2 the hours. Total b.s. I only need representation 1/2 the amount of time. I'm paying $800-$850 a year in dues on a part-time job. I get 1/2 the pension I should pay 1/2 the dues.
You have made this point before, but it's moot.

Pay half the dues, and get half of the health and welfare benefits, half the raises, half the seniority rights? How about half of the respect and dignity? :D etc.

Deal?

FAVREFAN

You have made this point before, but it's moot.

Pay half the dues, and get half of the health and welfare benefits, half the raises, half the seniority rights? How about half of the respect and dignity? :D etc.

Deal?
I have no seniority. I have been replaced before from my job title by a 22.3 with 1 day friend.t. seniority even though I had 10 years more company time. I get 1/2 the pension. How about after I leave each day, you give up your representation if you need it. I get it 4-5 hours a day, you should get the same amount of rep time too then. Too bad if something comes up at that point of your day. I get zero respect and dignity. And the p.t. time starting wage is 1/4 of driver pay. So actually I think 1/2 of all would be a big upgrade for me. It's bull **** and you know it. P.T. have gotten jack in representation in the last few contracts. Why the "friend" am I paying the same dues? All you have to stand on in your arguement is the health care.

Inthegame

I have no seniority. I have been replaced before from my job title by a 22.3 with 1 day friend.t. seniority even though I had 10 years more company time. I get 1/2 the pension. How about after I leave each day, you give up your representation if you need it. I get it 4-5 hours a day, you should get the same amount of rep time too then. Too bad if something comes up at that point of your day. I get zero respect and dignity. And the p.t. time starting wage is 1/4 of driver pay. So actually I think 1/2 of all would be a big upgrade for me. It's bull **** and you know it. P.T. have gotten jack in representation in the last few contracts. Why the "friend" am I paying the same dues? All you have to stand on in your arguement is the health care.
A little off on the numbers...but pt's are getting the short end and will continue to unless they get involved. Don't get pissed at FT's, get pissed at your fellow PT's who eat poop and ask for more.

FAVREFAN

A little off on the numbers...but pt's are getting the short end and will continue to unless they get involved. Don't get pissed at FT's, get pissed at your fellow PT's who eat poop and ask for more.

I'll get pissed anytime a fulltimer comes into a thread about what part-timers want and starts tellling us what we should and shouldn't want. I would never start telling package car or feeder guys what they need or don't need, want or don't want. It's not my position to do so. That's why I am pissed.

FAVREFAN

Enough said...that is irrational right there.

Seniority means nothing where I work. 2 p.t.ers and all 22.3's. Have "seniority" on all of them but actually none of them because my 20 years are worthless. Even the guy who just went full-time. I have 10 years on him, but he has 4 weeks friend.t. time so those four weeks erase my 20 years. That's what I call b.s. Or maybe it is just plain "irrational"?

Inthegame

I'll get pissed anytime a fulltimer comes into a thread about what part-timers want and starts tellling us what we should and shouldn't want. I would never start telling package car or feeder guys what they need or don't need, want or don't want. It's not my position to do so. That's why I am pissed.
Pretty sure I wasn't telling any part timer what they should or shouldn't want, need or don't need. What I was saying is they're getting screwed but are not raising enough notice to have their issues addressed. Very little input from pt's in proposal meetings in my area. In fact full timers have proposed improved starting wages and less waiting time for bennys and other improvements for part timers. Under your logic, it's not their position to do that. Maybe a few remember what is was like.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Enough said...that is irrational right there.

Seniority means nothing where I work. 2 p.t.ers and all 22.3's. Have "seniority" on all of them but actually none of them because my 20 years are worthless. Even the guy who just went full-time. I have 10 years on him, but he has 4 weeks friend.t. time so those four weeks erase my 20 years. That's what I call b.s. Or maybe it is just plain "irrational"?

Why should you have seniority over a full timer. That wouldn't make any sense. That's like saying if you became full time tomorrow u think you should be way up the list cause you have 20 years in.

Buck Fifty

Cry me an :censored2: river. Wish you would just retire like Favre.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I could easily open a can of worms, but there is no sense.

You are a part-timer. A full-timer is a livelyhood...you are only an occasional gig.

With 20+ years, I am quite sure there have been chances for you to bid into a full-time job.

If you only knew how bad others have it, and you're complaining about such petty things that you HAD control over.

drumcrusher

Seniority is seniority. I'm tired of being replaced by 22.3's with way, way less company time than I have.

i agree with this totally... when in the hell did this happen anyway? ive worked for the company for 19 years, and all of the sudden some guy thats been here 10 years takes a full time job, and has more seniority than me. what idiots thought up this rule???

brown_trousers

Keeping Full-timers out of Part-timers affairs- Fat chance with that! The only way we can make the wages we do, is by suppressing the wages of Part-timers.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I've worked for the company for 19 years, and all of the sudden some guy thats been here 10 years takes a full time job, and has more seniority than me. What idiots thought up this rule???

The same people that work more than 3.5 Hrs a day ?

That was a question.... wasn't it ?

-Bug-

FAVREFAN

Seniority is seniority. I'm tired of being replaced by 22.3's with way, way less company time than I have.

i agree with this totally... when in the hell did this happen anyway? ive worked for the company for 19 years, and all of the sudden some guy thats been here 10 years takes a full time job, and has more seniority than me. what idiots thought up this rule???
Glad I'm not the only guy in here who see's it from a common sense perspective.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Glad I'm not the only guy in here who see's it from a common sense perspective.

The common sense you speak of is your reality and experiences. Others have more well-rounded view of reality.

For ex:

How would you feel if you were a 22.3 employee with 12 years PT, 6 years FT- and another FT employee of 10 years PT, 7 years full-time, and bumping you? When the job that the person with more FT/less PT originally obtained, was not posted for bid in your building (different UPS region, but same local union and annual bids mesh together) ?

That's the awful side-deal between union and UPS that changed my mind from your "common sense perspective" and maybe something you are neglecting to see.

The FT over PT deal is enforced across-the-board, so to speak, and not enforced selectively to your taste, basically. :)