What will happen to the express Drivers....

lilwizbiz

Really? Where is this template of how it’s going to work out? Is massive change coming, yes absolutely. Do you know those plans, absolutely not. You might know some local market scenarios, or structure, but no one knows how the merger will end up looking. It hasnt been announced, goals for investors were.
The template is word on the streets. Nobody ever provides proof. Lot of word on the streets tho

It will be fine

Really? Where is this template of how its going to work out? Is massive change coming, yes absolutely. Do you know those plans, absolutely not. You might know some local market scenarios, or structure, but no one knows how the merger will end up looking. It hasnt been announced, goals for investors were.
The goal is one truck doing the final mile in an area. That truck will be owned and operated by an independent contractor because that’s the cheapest option. Shortly after they merge the top end management they will switch the shipper software and only sell FedEx packages. Nothing will be Ground or Express freight. The only stuff left for former Express drivers will be high priority flown freight that can’t make the local sorts in time. They’ve been working on this for years already, I think it will happen sooner than most people think.

Serf

The goal is one truck doing the final mile in an area. That truck will be owned and operated by an independent contractor because that’s the cheapest option. Shortly after they merge the top end management they will switch the shipper software and only sell FedEx packages. Nothing will be Ground or Express freight. The only stuff left for former Express drivers will be high priority flown freight that can’t make the local sorts in time. They’ve been working on this for years already, I think it will happen sooner than most people think.
What would you speculate a normal route would look like on a day to day basis for a former Express employee?

lilwizbiz

Lol. Corporate sent y’all an email?

It will be fine

Lol. Corporate sent y’all an email?
I just watched the investor presentation yesterday. That’s basically what they said. We had a meeting today and this was the expectation of our terminal manager as well. He thinks it will take several years though. I think Raj needs the profit boost sooner than that to keep his job.

lilwizbiz

I just watched the investor presentation yesterday. That’s basically what they said. We had a meeting today and this was the expectation of our terminal manager as well. He thinks it will take several years though. I think Raj needs the profit boost sooner than that to keep his job.
The presentation specifically mentioned Ground will be delivering the last mile? Have those people lifted anything over 3 pounds in their lives? No. Their plan assumes planes aren’t late, it doesn’t snow, businesses order 1 box instead multi pieces, assumes nobody ever calls in sick

It will be fine

The presentation specifically mentioned Ground will be delivering the last mile? Have those people lifted anything over 3 pounds in their lives? No. Their plan assumes planes aren’t late, it doesn’t snow, businesses order 1 box instead multi pieces, assumes nobody ever calls in sick
I’m sure the executives of the largest air cargo company in the world have no idea how often their planes arrive on time. They better ask a random hourly driver that no doubt has better insight. Get on the phone!

Gone fishin

This truly should be a reality show. The peril of a Fortune 500 and the clowns that did it. You can’t make this stuff up

bacha29

Based on bits and pieces of information it would appear that in the final form there will be no distinction between trucks owned by Fedex and trucks owned by the contractor from a standpoint of dispatch and deployment from a given terminal. When Fedex Ground goes away so do proprietary rights and territorial rights which were the only tangible value the contractor had. Who's truck goes where that day and what they've got on will be entirely at the discretion of terminal management that given day. Contractors are likely to be simply truck and labor lessors even more beholding to the company than they currently are.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
All I’m saying is Alaska and Hawaii have converted to full express. Who knows if those weren’t the test markets for what’s to come hmm
Yeah they're going to start killing off Ground in the lower 48 because it isn't feasible out in the middle of the ocean or on the other side of Canada.

Lates

Yeah they're going to start killing off Ground in the lower 48 because it isn't feasible out in the middle of the ocean or on the other side of Canada.
Dano heard today the two Nashville stations are merging into one location any truth to it that you know of?

MassWineGuy

LMO will be pushing express to ground through summer then august - october they have facility mergers going on supposedly they are pausing for peak then restarting in January with most facilities being done by may or june. express and linehaul will be taking over certain aspects (high profile businesses with lots of packages) while ground will be taking over everything else. estar and dro teams are being merged sometime beginning next year.

LMO?

Gee, Express management will be in the cross hairs.

fdxsux

Hasn’t even been 2 days since the announcement smh lol. These guys ain’t tryna pay severance to anyone let’s be real they’re cheap af
They offered us severance. It’s based on years of service. Max was like 15 weeks pay if you have 25 years or more. You only get severance if you voluntarily leave Fedex and there is no available position to take within 50 miles of your current station. Severance was only offered to those being displaced. We have a couple of guys that have decided to retire……they don’t get severance.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
They offered us severance. It’s based on years of service. Max was like 15 weeks pay if you have 25 years or more. You only get severance if you voluntarily leave Fedex and there is no available position to take within 50 miles of your current station. Severance was only offered to those being displaced. We have a couple of guys that have decided to retire……they don’t get severance.
What a shame