What will happen to the express Drivers....

lilwizbiz

I guess you just don’t understand how anything works.
Oh no I understand how it works. The sad thing is the ground guys are willing to work way harder for pennies and then wanna brag about it. Them accepting :censored2:ty conditions means the company now will be bringing those :censored2:ty conditions to everyone else. For some reason that :censored2:’s a badge of honour.

HD219

Oh no I understand how it works. The sad thing is the ground guys are willing to work way harder for pennies and then wanna brag about it. Them accepting :censored2:ty conditions means the company now will be bringing those :censored2:ty conditions to everyone else. For some reason that :censored2:’s a badge of honour.
Don't blame the ground drivers. It's not our fault. If one person won't do the job for the pay there's someone out there with kids, car, mortgage, debt etc. that will. That's the kind of people FedEx/contractors prey on. It's a cruel world.

MassWineGuy

Today’s announcement is many megatons in scope. Few know how they’re going to make the changes needed. But I’m not at all confident that Express drivers will ever see another raise before Express disappears. Next Fall’s benefits selection options may be a little different.

lilwizbiz

Today’s announcement is many megatons in scope. Few know how they’re going to make the changes needed. But I’m not at all confident that Express drivers will ever see another raise before Express disappears. Next Fall’s benefits selection options may be a little different.
Idk if anyone’s even read the presentation but it’s pretty much just all pretty colors and buzzwords. They don’t mention at all how they’re going to accomplish any of the things they say they will do. Very vague, very unclear and probably very bull:censored2:.

btrlov

In most corporate financial statements Labor is the highest cost… how do you find billions in “efficiencies” without reducing labor cost? And how do you reduce labor cost without cutting hours, salaries, benefits and jobs itself?

To me this is the elephant in the room that obscured behind corporate buzzwords

If management wont address these questions honestly, then answer them yourself in then most logical way possible

If you are not touching packages, planes or trucks …i would be very concerned about job security

If you are touching packages , then i would be very concerned about a notable reduction in your quality of life.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Don't blame the ground drivers. It's not our fault. If one person won't do the job for the pay there's someone out there with kids, car, mortgage, debt etc. that will. That's the kind of people FedEx/contractors prey on. It's a cruel world.
Suckers

thedownhillEXPRESS

Idk if anyone’s even read the presentation but it’s pretty much just all pretty colors and buzzwords. They don’t mention at all how they’re going to accomplish any of the things they say they will do. Very vague, very unclear and probably very bull:censored2:.
Well they did say the merge will be complete by June 2024.
They know the consequences of misleading Wall Street.
They have a plan and we will have it shoved down our throats starting this summer.

deadman

Well they did say the merge will be complete by June 2024.
They know the consequences of misleading Wall Street.
They have a plan and we will have it shoved down our throats starting this summer.
LMO will be pushing express to ground through summer then august - october they have facility mergers going on supposedly they are pausing for peak then restarting in January with most facilities being done by may or june. express and linehaul will be taking over certain aspects (high profile businesses with lots of packages) while ground will be taking over everything else. estar and dro teams are being merged sometime beginning next year.

lilwizbiz

LMO will be pushing express to ground through summer then august - october they have facility mergers going on supposedly they are pausing for peak then restarting in January with most facilities being done by may or june. express and linehaul will be taking over certain aspects (high profile businesses with lots of packages) while ground will be taking over everything else. estar and dro teams are being merged sometime beginning next year.
So basically status quo. Express already servicing high profile businesses

deadman

So basically status quo. Express already servicing high profile businesses
yes... and no express will lose most of, if not all its residential volume but will be taking over some of grounds b2b volume for important customers. supposedly by the end there will be 1/3rd or less of the express workforce remaining. the highest on the list to cut are on the express management and cs side.

bacha29

So what it means is that Express will get the easy intown territory and loads while Ground contractors will get what Express doesn't want. I can only imagine the look on IWBF's face when he looks at his new territory map and see that Express has cut out his best areas for themselves leaving him with the rest.

deadman

So what it means is that Express will get the easy intown territory and loads while Ground contractors will get what Express doesn't want. I can only imagine the look on IWBF's face when he looks at his new territory map and see that Express has cut out his best areas for themselves leaving him with the rest.
not even in town just major businesses ie the :censored2: we load on bulk trucks. so unless hes running a mall route or has p/d at major shipper it likely wont affect him

Gone fishin

What happens when ground can’t deliver all of it and everything is late