What will happen to the express Drivers....

Lates

It’s funny how everyone knows on this message board. Everyone is guessing
Some aren’t guesses we knew what was happening before our manager. An engineer was running his mouth to a courier and he told us awhile before the announcement. Didn’t believe it it at first.

MassWineGuy

Given past company behavior, it’s hard for me to believe it will all be wrapped up, even by June 24th, 2024.

Some have speculated that labor costs and benefits are prime targets, and it seems logical to me. With a “new” company, can’t they redraw the lines any way they wish to?

Last edited:

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
In theory it makes sense that it will be a “new” company that they can just let everyone go and hire them back. But reality’s different, they can’t hang on to anyone the place naturally will have high turnover because of the grunt work. My guess is drivers won’t be touched and if they’re letting go drivers left and right then the company’s either bankrupt or the volume is at a point where no driver in the country is barely getting any stops. In the last year alone I must’ve seen 40-50 people hired and ended up quitting and crazy to say that I might be underestimating the number.
It’s gonna be a dog fight for volume in this economy. People will be let go, no doubt. Even UPS is cutting by attrition. For now.

Lates

Nope. We’re all guessing
Not really many people work on things like this before managers and others find out. Always someone who lets it slip or can’t keep their mouth shut cause they need to let people know they know something everyone else doesn’t. Plus the company has made it pretty clear over the last year about combing the two.

lilwizbiz

Not really many people work on things like this before managers and others find out. Always someone who lets it slip or can’t keep their mouth shut cause they need to let people know they know something everyone else doesn’t. Plus the company has made it pretty clear over the last year about combing the two.
Trust managers would know mate. Cmon

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
It’s one thing to plan it, another to implement it successfully.

Gone fishin

If that’s true , Raj would have said it

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
It’s uncharted waters. The Pooh bahs that run the company don’t even know if it will work.
If ever there was a time for the drivers to unite and organize. They could shut them down. But, no one is even talking about it. I guess when you're so used to taking it up the ass, you just think that's the way it is.

Serf

Ultimately if you combine operations you would have the same former ground and express trucks in the same building. Then you would have all 2 and 3 day freight that used to be on former express trucks, now on ground trucks.
One small section or belt in combined building would be for medical/pharmacy/lawyer/docs/etc. P1/FO stuff. (Former express guys-gals)
In the evening, former express employees hitting drop boxes and assisting in some later pickups.
If all e-commerce that isn’t P1 or SOS is moved to the former ground ppl, you won’t have 8 hours of work a day. Period.

bacha29

Given past company behavior, it’s hard for me to believe it will all be wrapped up, even by June 24th, 2024.

Some have speculated that labor costs and benefits are prime targets, and it seems logical to me. With a “new” company, can’t they redraw the lines any way they wish to?
Glad you spotted that little but very impactful wrinkle in the press release. The current holding company Fedex Corp will dismantle the OPCO's it holds and controls.

Out of the dismantling of the OPCO's will emerge the new Federal Express Corporation.

The intent will be to limit it's exposure to litigation that could emerge from it's restructuring.

For those who are offered severances, those severances will likely be tied to the condition that in exchange for the severance pay the company is absolved of any future claims made by the employees.

As for the pension and healthcare obligations regarding current and soon will be Fedex retirees?.....If they could find a way to beat you guys out of your benefits.....do you actually believe they won't try it?

Why do you think they are creating a new company? Think of it in terms of the "old" General Motors and the "new" General Motors.

yadig

Heard a lot of gossip but nothing concrete.
Bna-Mt juliet ground hub
Mqy-staying for now
Syi-Murfreesboro ground hub
Ckv-Clarksville ground hub
Fym-Lawrenceburg ground hub
Thaa-staying for now
Bwg-staying for now
That’s from management Friday morning.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Glad you spotted that little but very impactful wrinkle in the press release. The current holding company Fedex Corp will dismantle the OPCO's it holds and controls.

Out of the dismantling of the OPCO's will emerge the new Federal Express Corporation.

The intent will be to limit it's exposure to litigation that could emerge from it's restructuring.

For those who are offered severances, those severances will likely be tied to the condition that in exchange for the severance pay the company is absolved of any future claims made by the employees.

As for the pension and healthcare obligations regarding current and soon will be Fedex retirees?.....If they could find a way to beat you guys out of your benefits.....do you actually believe they won't try it?

Why do you think they are creating a new company? Think of it in terms of the "old" General Motors and the "new" General Motors.
Thank God Fat Freddy sold the pensions to Metlife awhile back. Us past retirees should be safe from Smith’s predatory habits. New retirees I’m not so sure about.

MassWineGuy

Clarify, please. Does MetLife just administer the pension fund?

Also, when a “new” company combines two former companies, what happens to the liabilities, debt and obligations of the former companies? Pensions could just end? As disappointing as our government often is, there must be something in the labor laws to safeguard such things.