What will happen to the express Drivers....

bacha29

Clarify, please. Does MetLife just administer the pension fund?

Also, when a “new” company combines two former companies, what happens to the liabilities, debt and obligations of the former companies? Pensions could just end? As disappointing as our government often is, there must be something in the labor laws to safeguard such things.
These are the questions you guys need to get answers to and soon.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Figures thought about transferring down there but the uncertainty is to much have no interest in being a swing working a split shift with an hour commute. Could see them consolidating some management pretty quickly. Our senior has been useless during this he came down last Friday and hid in an office till we went on road.
Seniors don't know any more than anyone else. Directors don't know much more than seniors. Last summer they announced Network 2.0 and said that there were 100 stations that were going to be combined with Ground terminals. They're just now starting to get rolling on that and it's going to take a while. If there's a new FedEx building being built near your work area, or there's a Ground building with has some extra capacity changes are coming sooner rather than later. If not, it's probably going to be a while.

59 Dano

Given past company behavior, it’s hard for me to believe it will all be wrapped up, even by June 24th, 2024.
The June 2024 date is for the reorganization and consolidation at the corporate level, not for the operational changes. That's going to take a lot longer.

59 Dano

Bna-Mt juliet ground hub
Mqy-staying for now
Syi-Murfreesboro ground hub
Ckv-Clarksville ground hub
Fym-Lawrenceburg ground hub
Thaa-staying for now
Bwg-staying for now
That’s from management Friday morning.
Well there ya go.

zeev

Thank God Fat Freddy sold the pensions to Metlife awhile back. Us past retirees should be safe from Smith’s predatory habits. New retirees I’m not so sure about.
Yes Freddy got the traditional off the books a while ago to MetLife . I took the portable in a lump sum because I was afraid this might happen.

Lates

If ever there was a time for the drivers to unite and organize. They could shut them down. But, no one is even talking about it. I guess when you're so used to taking it up the ass, you just think that's the way it is.
Would just be the end of hourly employees with this change drivers won’t ever unionize. The ones who will be left are just trying to get their last few years in.

Serf

Yes Freddy got the traditional off the books a while ago to MetLife . I took the portable in a lump sum because I was afraid this might happen.
You left express and went UPS? I’ve been thinking about at least leaving and cashing out.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Would just be the end of hourly employees with this change drivers won’t ever unionize. The ones who will be left are just trying to get their last few years in.
The end? Please educate me.
The contractors who operate ground and the express drivers who do air, could not organize a shut down of operations?
Pick a day. Do it. They aren't going to fire anyone. They can't keep people trained and working now because of the conditions/pay. Think of the revenue loss just for one day.
Change it. As unsatisfied as everyone is, who would care what they do?
By afternoon whether there is a union involved or not, there will be some people talking in a room at a table. Balls up and at least represent yourselves.

Lates

The end? Please educate me.
The contractors who operate ground and the express drivers who do air, could not organize a shut down of operations?
Pick a day. Do it. They aren't going to fire anyone. They can't keep people trained and working now because of the conditions/pay. Think of the revenue loss just for one day.
Change it. As unsatisfied as everyone is, who would care what they do?
By afternoon whether there is a union involved or not, there will be some people talking in a room at a table. Balls up and at least represent yourselves.
The problem is people who have been here 15-20 plus years have bought in that unions are bad and they don’t need one. They are all that’s going to be left of express employees most places. Even heard one saying how good all the changes are and still insist that those of us effected really aren’t losing our jobs. Not sure how they are so blind. I’ve been laid off before so I guess I have an easier time coming to terms with it. People that haven’t before still think some magic solution is coming.

lilwizbiz

The problem is people who have been here 15-20 plus years have bought in that unions are bad and they don’t need one. They are all that’s going to be left of express employees most places. Even heard one saying how good all the changes are and still insist that those of us effected really aren’t losing our jobs. Not sure how they are so blind. I’ve been laid off before so I guess I have an easier time coming to terms with it. People that haven’t before still think some magic solution is coming.
Who would they layoff though?

Serf

Who would they layoff though?
I know many who can’t even live off 8 hrs at express. Can you live off less? Do you have a spouse that works? Do you have a family? The only saving grace is Express is so inefficient they will take 4 years to actually implement this plan.

lilwizbiz

I know many who can’t even live off 8 hrs at express. Can you live off less? Do you have a spouse that works? Do you have a family? The only saving grace is Express is so inefficient they will take 4 years to actually implement this plan.
Who are they laying off? The drivers? Cool who’s delivering the packages? Raj and his buddies?

Lates

Who are they laying off? The drivers? Cool who’s delivering the packages? Raj and his buddies?
Yes the drivers many of us are being let go at the end of May. The independent contractors at ground are delivering the packages from then on for the most part. Every few days we are getting word of another station being consolidated.

zeev

This will happen real quick or the company will bleed out . Ground will take it readyor not. Service will suffer but customers are used to it.