What will happen to the express Drivers....

Lates

I understand everything, trust me. There’s 3 trucks in my area. I know the owner. He would need 3 trucks just for p 1. It’s an industrial park then head to residential. I get big boxes , skids , crates that fill our trucks. Maybe you don’t understand
I get it they may add more routes I’m just saying it gets done now I’m sure it still will in the future.

lilwizbiz

Every express route I’ve been on has at least two most of the time three ground drivers in the same area. He said his loop so 3 or 4 routes would probably have that many ground drivers since their routes are more dense.
I'm asking what is the area that needs 9-12 drivers? You work in a city that's like 4x the size of NYC lol?

Gone fishin

I get it they may add more routes I’m just saying it gets done now I’m sure it still will in the future.
As long as extra people are on stand by and trucks to go with it. You don’t have time to call in people , it’s the sort , load and bust ass to get your p1 off

Lates

I'm asking what is the area that needs 9-12 drivers? You work in a city that's like 4x the size of NYC lol?
He said his loop had 3 900s full a loop is more than one route is it not? Like it’s been established our express routes often contain at least 2-4 ground routes in the same area. So a little math just saying his loop is 3 routes probably more there would easily be that many ground trucks in the area. He already said there is three trucks in his area already.

Gone fishin

I have nothing against the ground guys. Express obviously generates huge revenue. Three out of fives days there’s something going on. Late plane , sick calls , volume surge , late Indy truck.
You don’t have days , you have hours.
I guess the way this thing might work is the truck will be loaded with ground at night. Then get the plane and load that on top of the ground.
I can’t see that working , then again nobody really knows anything yet

Lates

I have nothing against the ground guys. Express obviously generates huge revenue. Three out of fives days there’s something going on. Late plane , sick calls , volume surge , late Indy truck.
You don’t have days , you have hours.
I guess the way this thing might work is the truck will be loaded with ground at night. Then get the plane and load that on top of the ground.
I can’t see that working , then again nobody really knows anything yet
I agree it will be a huge mess but I won’t be around to see it.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
So where’s all these willing and able contract drivers gonna come from? Out of thin air?

And what incentive is there for them to stay?

bacha29

So where’s all these willing and able contract drivers gonna come from? Out of thin air?

It a contractor comes in and takes over and offers employment to an Express guy to run the same route he's held for sometime that Express driver should expect it to be for at least a third less money and zero benefits outside of perhaps a week of paid vacation.

It will be fine

Same place they come from now.
7A3D3A85-503A-4235-B018-7B4B4036193C.jpeg

yadig

You guys act like Ground drivers don’t have to go through their areas multiple times already. A few boxes needing to be delivered first is not a big deal. The routes are a quarter the geography of the Express routes. It’s going to be easy. The only people involved that believe the challenge is too much for Ground are the ones getting shown the door. Buh bye elitist Express couriers, you won’t be missed.
Same place they come from now.
View attachment 425039
😂. You are in for a rude awakening

bacha29

😂. You are in for a rude awakening
IWBF thinks the entire nation is exactly like the Boston Metro area where he operates.
Not the case out in rural America.
The fate of this entire ill conceived, Hail Mary, desperate ploy will be decided out in the rural areas. Those routes are so big and so spread out that when the last box is off the belt off they go and many struggle to get back in by 8PM.
There will be no waiting around for the air box to finally show up and many Ground jocks are paid a flat rate per diem. Therefore they're not going to put up with 2-3 hour longer days without a dime in additional pay.
So rural contractors will in the end be left with taking over dedicated air box routes currently be operated by Express owned trucks and employees.
And given that they'll still have to get back in time to catch the outbound the result will be just as it is with rural Express lighter loads thanks to a much smaller delivery window.
Will they even get enough out of it to even pay the operating cost? Doubtful. And if they can even so much as break even it will require paying a wage so low it will be very difficult to find somebody willing to take the job.

Spam

IWBF thinks the entire nation is exactly like the Boston Metro area where he operates.
The fate of this entire ill conceived, Hail Mary, desperate ploy will be decided out in the rural areas. Those routes are so big and so spread out that when the last box is off the belt off they go and many struggle to get back in by 8PM.
There will be no waiting around for the air box to finally show up and many Ground jocks are paid a flat rate per diem. Therefore they're not going to put up with 2-3 hour longer days without a dime in additional pay.
So rural contractors will in the end be left with taking over dedicated air box routes currently be operated by Express owned trucks and employees.
And given that they'll still have to get back in time to catch the outbound the result will be just as it is with rural Express lighter loads thanks to a much smaller delivery window.
Will they even get enough out of it to even pay the operating cost? Doubtful. And if they can even so much as break even it will require paying a wage so low it will be very difficult to find somebody willing to take the job.
E0A6C790-A988-4D8C-9667-91656061E8E3.png

Gone fishin

Who’s going to get all the pickups. There’s 1000’s and bulks also

bacha29

Who’s going to get all the pickups. There’s 1000’s and bulks also
Management doesn't have a clue so they'll rely on the old fall back.....It's a contractor problem that requires a contractor solution. That's the way it has always been at Ground and therefore all it will mean to contractors is well, more problems.