What will happen to the express Drivers....

lilwizbiz

UPS does it all with one truck in an area. You do realize that’s an argument for the viability of the plan, not a knock against it, right?
There’s like 3 UPS guys in my area lol. Go to any decent sized metro. Dozens of UPS and FedEx trucks servicing blocks. I don’t think you understand the amount of volume express handles bro. We’re talking tens of millions a day in the US alone. They’re one of the largest airlines in the world ffs. Just go check the stats if they got them.

It will be fine

There’s like 3 UPS guys in my area lol. Go to any decent sized metro. Dozens of UPS and FedEx trucks. I don’t think you understand the amount of volume they handle bro. They’re one of the largest airlines in the world ffs. Just go check the stats if they got them.
That’s the point. There’s 3-4 Ground trucks for every Express. It’s much easier to handle time commits when the area is smaller and the time commit volume is lower. Where are you getting lost?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
This is why they’re not telling Express hourlies ANY details of the plan. It will sloooowly come out in phases to try to prevent mass quitting. Keeping employees guessing keeps most of them here until the end.
Hourlies already know the plan. What they don't know is which stations and when, and that's because that hasn't been decided in most cases. They're starting with 100, as announced last summer.

lilwizbiz

That's my point. And they get paid 3X
what your driver get paid. It's going to increase the workload pretty substantially on your drivers.
If anyone thinks fred’s actually going to give up his baby to contractors you’re either brain dead or smoking some crazy sheeeet. I’m sure some people may lose their jobs and all that but with this merge they want more control not give up control to some random contractor

59 Dano

Well they getting rid of the drivers apparently. Grounds hiring hundreds of thousands of drivers at those rates? Good luck.
Hundreds of thousands? Why do you have to hire so many people when you're going from 5 trucks servicing a single area to 3?

MAKAVELI

Banned
If anyone thinks fred’s actually going to give up his baby to contractors you’re either brain dead or smoking some crazy sheeeet. I’m sure some people may lose their jobs and all that but with this merge they want more control not give up control to some random contractor
I think they will try this in rural stations until it blows up in their faces. You have think about just about every big change this company tries turns into a big 💩.

59 Dano

Place runs through couriers like dirty laundry and the guy expects them to layoff hundreds of thousands of drivers smh. Hard to fire someone when you gotta pay them severance. Lay off that many and you’re bound to lose a whole quarter of earnings. I don’t see this happening at all knowing how cheap this place is.
You keep saying "hundreds of thousands of drivers." LOL, Express doesn't have 250k total employees globally.

It will be fine

That's my point. And they get paid 3X
what your driver get paid. It's going to increase the workload pretty substantially on your drivers.
More volume means I can support more routes. You guys really think if my volume increases 10-20% I wouldn’t add resources? I’d have to be wildly inefficient right now if that was possible. More volume means more trucks with the time commits split between even more drivers. Maybe that’s why you guys think this is so hard, you don’t understand how anything works.

MAKAVELI

Banned
More volume means I can support more routes. You guys really think if my volume increases 10-20% I wouldn’t add resources? I’d have to be wildly inefficient right now if that was possible. More volume means more trucks with the time commits split between even more drivers. Maybe that’s why you guys think this is so hard, you don’t understand how anything works.
Is that why it's not working in Minnesota right now? Lol

Nolimitz

Confused here. When I leave I can choose to put my 401k money into an IRA or similar, right?

When you retire and start withdrawing from your plan, do you just leave it at Vanguard?
you need a financial planner or at least someone with some knowledge. I took a meager lump sum pension (IRA roll over) and have not touched my 401 at Vanguard

lilwizbiz

imagine telling us we dont know how anything works after saying your drivers can knock out a 'few more" express stops if need be.