What will happen to the express Drivers....

Gone fishin

Management doesn't have a clue so they'll rely on the old fall back.....It's a contractor problem that requires a contractor solution. That's the way it has always been at Ground and therefore all it will mean to contractors is well, more problems.
Well , we all know you can’t be late for a pickup

zeev

Ground contractors need a better deal or they need to leave there is a reason why they get stuck with costly vehicles and who ever pays the insurance on them which I have never got a straight answer on. Ground drivers a lot like Swift drivers they hire felons or as one former Swift driver told me everybody there is a felon.

bacha29

I couldn’t tell since I pick up everything you don’t after 3 days waiting on ground. Don’t forget pickups start at 230 , get your 50 pickups and don’t forget to get your 150 deliveries off first.
Plane pulls at 900. Hahaha
And in my area it will mean getting outbound air off loaded sorted reloaded and trucked up to the local county airport by 6 flown to major airport in time to get it off loaded and reloaded and flown to Memphis or Indy in time.

I hope Raj has his "golden parachute" packed and ready to go.

Gone fishin

And in my area it will mean getting outbound air off loaded sorted reloaded and trucked up to the local county airport by 6 flown to major airport in time to get it off loaded and reloaded and flown to Memphis or Indy in time.

Doesn’t sound like he’s thought this through

It will be fine

I couldn’t tell since I pick up everything you don’t after 3 days waiting on ground. Don’t forget pickups start at 230 , get your 50 pickups and don’t forget to get your 150 deliveries off first.
Plane pulls at 900. Hahaha
There is no Express driver doing 200 stops. And even if there was, there will be 4 Ground guys for the same area, and we probably already go to the same pickup stops. I guess I just have to keep reminding you that you’re not special and this isn’t that hard. You’ll be like Bacha in no time, claiming the system is impossible to run for 10 straight years despite all evidence to the contrary.

SFFX

Dont worry....The ShipMatrix engineers and analysts say their algorithms and data say it work work. DRA, Roads Maps, Estar, tnt integration, Response....were perfect and every engineer knows best.... 👌

Gone fishin

There is no Express driver doing 200 stops. And even if there was, there will be 4 Ground guys for the same area, and we probably already go to the same pickup stops. I guess I just have to keep reminding you that you’re not special and this isn’t that hard. You’ll be like Bacha in no time, claiming the system is impossible to run for 10 straight years despite all evidence to the contrary.
You can easily do it. You just need more trucks and very dependable employees. This freight doesn’t have 5 days to get there. It has hours , it has to be loaded and make it to the plane
The plane doesn’t wait. One idiot could mess up an entire operation

Guitarman01

Ground does 4 times the volume as Express domestically. You do understand we pick that up, right?

How many drivers are you in charge of btw?
I think the question will be more so why should contracted drivers even care about commit times on top of the workload they already have? What will be their incentive as the dedicated workforce that Fedex is relying on to compete with UPS? UPS pays all of its employees, let alone drivers, much more than Fedex and they are still more profitable. Fedex Express can hardly keep employees in some markets because of low pay and now they expect to get away with even less than that?
The brand will sink. This isnt Amazon that already offers a product to begin with. FedEx's shipping service is the product.
Service has already been behind UPS for years and its hard to see a contractor model improving this.

It will be fine

How many drivers are you in charge of btw?
I think the question will be more so why should contracted drivers even care about commit times on top of the workload they already have? What will be their incentive as the dedicated workforce that Fedex is relying on to compete with UPS? UPS pays all of its employees, let alone drivers, much more than Fedex and they are still more profitable. Fedex Express can hardly keep employees in some markets because of low pay and now they expect to get away with even less than that?
The brand will sink. This isnt Amazon that already offers a product to begin with. FedEx's shipping service is the product.
Service has already been behind UPS for years and its hard to see a contractor model improving this.
They’ll care for the same reason Express and UPS drivers care, it’s their job. If they don’t do their job they get fired. This isn’t complicated.