What will happen to the express Drivers....

It will be fine

Is that why it's not working in Minnesota right now? Lol
You know there’s a reason they run pilot programs before full scale rollouts, right? Min is still using all the old systems. The software will all change before the shift is nationwide. Maybe I’d you keep grasping at straws the corporation will change the plan that’s already years in the making.

Gone fishin

You know there’s a reason they run pilot programs before full scale rollouts, right? Min is still using all the old systems. The software will all change before the shift is nationwide. Maybe I’d you keep grasping at straws the corporation will change the plan that’s already years in the making.
You don’t think they implemented everything before the Minnesota merge ? As you said they’ve been working on it for years. So why the failure ?

lilwizbiz

That’s it guys software was the problem all along. Once they change the software the system will run like a clock. Damn man why didn’t they think of the software change from the beginning? Woulda made everything so much easier. Smh lol

Guitarman01

You don’t think the work you do daily can be split between 4-5 other people? News flash, you are not that special.
FedEx express is very rigorous and almost militant. Contractors will probably lack the Long term workforce necessary to meet this requirement with what little pay and benefits will be on offer along with an increased workload and expectation. Express can't even keep employees because they can't keep up and that's with better pay and benefits. We have ground guys that came to express, it is very different and more stressful with commit times. They might save money in the short term but service will absolutely take a hit.

It will be fine

You don’t think they implemented everything before the Minnesota merge ? As you said they’ve been working on it for years. So why the failure ?
They are still selling the services separately. There is still an Express network and a Ground network. When the merge is full scale that won’t be the case. Shippers will just choose how fast they want their delivery and system determines how it gets there and prints a One FedEx label.

Gone fishin

They are still selling the services separately. There is still an Express network and a Ground network. When the merge is full scale that won’t be the case. Shippers will just choose how fast they want their delivery and system determines how it gets there and prints a One FedEx label.
Express revenue will disappear with the merge if express drivers disappear.

It will be fine

FedEx express is very rigorous and almost militant. Contractors will probably lack the Long term workforce necessary to meet this requirement with what little pay and benefits will be on offer along with an increased workload and expectation. Express can't even keep employees because they can't keep up and that's with better pay and benefits. We have ground guys that came to express, it is very different and more stressful with commit times. They might save money in the short term but service will absolutely take a hit.
I understand that you guys have this belief that what you do is difficult and your skills are special. That’s just not reality. The way Express has been doing things isn’t working, it’s not profitable. That’s why they are changing. The one size fits all method of managing is not effective. I can’t imagine many young people accepting and working hard for a militant corporate management staff.

MAKAVELI

Banned
Won't matter what's on the label. If it's late, it's late.

MAKAVELI

Banned
I understand that you guys have this belief that what you do is difficult and your skills are special. That’s just not reality. The way Express has been doing things isn’t working, it’s not profitable. That’s why they are changing. The one size fits all method of managing is not effective. I can’t imagine many young people accepting and working hard for a militant corporate management staff.
UPS is even more militant. It's how service is made and efficiency achieved. Don't know how you call yourself a businessman.

lilwizbiz

so they'd come to ground and break their backs for ground pay? Makes sense.

Lates

The revenue won’t disappear it will go up. Even if an express driver has 100 stops now that would be split over four or more ground routes that number isn’t going to make difference to them. They will still being paying more for shipping and the company gets to keep a lot more of the money. It makes sense to do it. I don’t like it cause my job is going away but nothing I can do about it.

Gone fishin

Our skill set is we show up everyday , wear full uniform, delivery to the correct address. We use 3-4 extra people on given days for p1 bulks or heavy routes. You can’t just throw some freight in a truck and straight line.
Customers depend on morning freight for their days work. Express cost a fortune and these customers expect their service. We’re not kids driving around just throwing stuff off a truck

Gone fishin

The revenue won’t disappear it will go up. Even if an express driver has 100 stops now that would be split over four or more ground routes that number isn’t going to make difference to them. They will still being paying more for shipping and the company gets to keep a lot more of the money. It makes sense to do it. I don’t like it cause my job is going away but nothing I can do about it.
Our loop fills three 900’s. How’s that going to work

lilwizbiz

It would be split up among the probably 9-12 ground drivers in the area. Just because you don’t understand how it can be done doesn’t mean it won’t be done.
what is this fairy tale place with 9-12 ground drivers in the area lmao? even New York City dont got that much in an area.

Guitarman01

Its not going to go up if service continues to take a nosedive and Fedex loses major accounts to UPS. Contracted drivers will not have the same accountability or standard as FedEx operated couriers, thats already apparent currently. The drivers just wont care as much, and it would be hard to blame them if you look at the long-term outlook of being a contracted driver. It will not be considered a career by most.

Gone fishin

It would be split up among the probably 9-12 ground drivers in the area. Just because you don’t understand how it can be done doesn’t mean it won’t be done.
I understand everything, trust me. There’s 3 trucks in my area. I know the owner. He would need 3 trucks just for p 1. It’s an industrial park then head to residential. I get big boxes , skids , crates that fill our trucks. Maybe you don’t understand

Lates

what is this fairy tale place with 9-12 ground drivers in the area lmao? even New York City dont got that much in an area.
Every express route I’ve been on has at least two most of the time three ground drivers in the same area. He said his loop so 3 or 4 routes would probably have that many ground drivers since their routes are more dense.