What will happen to the express Drivers....

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
It won’t be those same as your route is now anyone can be replaced and still get the same result or close enough to the same.
You guys are getting a combined station. Have the Ground routes there previously been run out of Nashville?

It will be fine

I saw a Ground contractor advertise for drivers here in Florida for $22hr. It's either that or fast food for many in this area.
5D98A683-CB05-4170-905E-80A3E119FD51.jpeg

Shhh. You’ll confuse these guys that believe Express driver is such a higher paying, more prestigious job than Ground.

vantexan

Don't recall saying they couldn't deliver the stuff they sell.
I recall you saying it's a lot harder than they think and there's no way they could do it as well as FedEx. I don't recall they were saying they were going to do anything beyond delivering their own freight. That was wishful thinking of some here who want FedEx to go down.

Lates

You guys are getting a combined station. Have the Ground routes there previously been run out of Nashville?
Yes for most of the areas we service in TN they do Fort Campbell and KY areas come out of Paducah they aren’t being effected right now. Our extended areas out towards Waverly, Erin , mcewen are supposed to be changed but those ground drivers are being moved to the new building as well.

Last edited:

59 Dano

I recall you say it's a lot harder than they think and there's no way they could do it as well as FedEx. I don't recall they were saying they were going to do anything beyond delivering their own freight. That was wishful thinking of some here who want FedEx to go down.
People here were saying that they would start a P&D operation to compete with FedEx and UPS. Their use of airplanes was "proof" that they were going to do this. I said it wouldn't happen and that they'd probably flop if they tried.

vantexan

View attachment 424242
Shhh. You’ll confuse these guys that believe Express driver is such a higher paying, more prestigious job than Ground.
In fairness that Express driver has benefits, minimal as they are, and the potential to make more. That Ground guy will only make more when the contractor and FedEx determine they have to raise pay to attract and retain people. And they'll do that kicking and screaming.

vantexan

People here were saying that they would start a P&D operation to compete with FedEx and UPS. Their use of airplanes was "proof" that they were going to do this. I said it wouldn't happen and that they'd probably flop if they tried.
LOL I bet if I do some research I could find some posts that say otherwise.

59 Dano

LOL I bet if I do some research I could find some posts that say otherwise.
Go ahead. I'll help.

Here's a whole thread on the failure of their brief limited trial.

And more.

It's a start.

Last edited:

It will be fine

In fairness that Express driver has benefits, minimal as they are, and the potential to make more. That Ground guy will only make more when the contractor and FedEx determine they have to raise pay to attract and retain people. And they'll do that kicking and screaming.
Ya, in 3 or 4 years of random hours if Express decides to honor step raises they might be up to the starting wage of a Ground guy. Such a great deal! Especially for a 20 something year old guy that won’t use health insurance even if he has it.