What will happen to the express Drivers....

vantexan

Ya, in 3 or 4 years of random hours if Express decides to honor step raises they might be up to the starting wage of a Ground guy. Such a great deal! Especially for a 20 something year old guy that won’t use health insurance even if he has it.
One thing is certain if it continues to go the way it seems to be...Express will no longer be a "career." Pretty damn sad.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Ya, in 3 or 4 years of random hours if Express decides to honor step raises they might be up to the starting wage of a Ground guy. Such a great deal! Especially for a 20 something year old guy that won’t use health insurance even if he has it.
OK, but we have more Ground guys coming to Express than the other way around.

MAKAVELI

Banned
How so most express routes cover the area of two or three ground drivers.
Other way around. The time commits and pick up services Express offers requires more routes than Ground. There are more buildings and personnel at Express than Ground.

Lates

Other way around. The time commits and pick up services Express offers requires more routes than Ground. There are more buildings and personal at Express than Ground.
I’ve ran many routes they all have had at least two ground drivers in the same area the route I’m on now I see four different ground drivers everyday. Ground areas are smaller which equals more routes.

MAKAVELI

Banned
I’ve ran many routes they all have had at least two ground drivers in the same area the route I’m on now I see four different ground drivers everyday. Ground areas are smaller which equals more routes.
Nope. That might be your location but Express has a bigger footprint and more employees by far

bacha29

Whichever side and whichever OPCO you align yourselves with it still comes down to the fact that the success of this new endeavor will still require highly productive, professionally behaving.....LOWER COST labor.

AND JUST WHERE IN THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU"RE GOING TO FIND THEM?

What kid with even a slightly above average intellect, motivated and has himself focused on the future is going to take the kind of deal Fedex will have to offer in the days ahead?

Lates

Nope. That might be your location but Express has a bigger footprint and more employees by far
Oh I see ground doesn’t really have “employees” so of course we’d have more. Not sure how you would even get an accurate number for ground.

It will be fine

Oh I see ground doesn’t really have “employees” so of course we’d have more. Not sure how you would even get an accurate number for ground.
Mak likes to count the entire international workforce. Domestically there are a lot more Ground drivers than Express.

lilwizbiz

There’s 4 or 5 times more Ground guys than Express. I’ve gotten several former Express applicants lately, they weren’t being treated terribly well.
4 or 5 times more Ground guys? I have to call bull:censored2: on that. Where’d you see that? Express is the largest of Fedex by far. I mean just look at the superhub in Memphis and Newark.