3 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
2 (8oz.)pkgs. cream cheese (softened)

2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tbls. vanilla
1 large can cherry pie filling for topping

Beat dry cake mix, butter and 1 egg in large bowl at low speed until crumbly. Press lightly and evenly in ungreased 13 x 9 cake pan.

Beat 2 eggs, 3/4 cup sugar, 2 tsp. vanilla and cream cheese 'til smooth and fluffy. Spread evenly over the crumb mixture. Bake at 350 20-25 minutes til set (doesn't wiggle when pan is shaken slightly)

Mix sour cream, 1/4 cup sugar & 1 Tbls. vanilla. Spread over the cheesecake and cool. Spread on the cherry pie filling and refrigerate for 8 hours.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Tomato Potato Soup

Ingredients:
1 1/2 pound potatoes -- peeled and cut into chunks
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 large onion -- chopped
1 package (8 ounce size) sliced fresh mushrooms
1 can (14 1/2 ounce size) chicken broth
1 can (14 1/2 ounce size) diced tomatoes in juice -- drained and juice reserved
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
3/4 cup milk
crumbled bacon -- optional
sour cream -- optional
sliced green onions -- optional
Directions:
In a 3 quart saucepan, cook potatoes in water until tender; drain and remove from pan. Set aside. Heat butter in same pan over medium heat; add onion and mushrooms. Cook 4-6 minutes until tender. In a food processor or blender, puree potatoes, broth and reserved tomato juice until smooth. Add to onions and mushrooms. Stir in tomatoes, seasonings and milk. Cook over medium heat until hot. Garnish with bacon, sour cream and green onions if desired.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Quick Italian White Bean Soup

Ingredients
  • 2 cans (15.5 oz. each) white kidney beans (cannellini) or Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
  • 4 cups non-fat, reduced sodium chicken broth, divided
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 can (16 oz.) whole tomatoes with no salt, undrained, chopped or 4-6 fresh plum tomatoes
  • 2 tsp. dried basil
  • 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
  • 1/8 tsp. white pepper
Preparation
Combine one can of beans with two cups of the broth in a blender or food processor and blend until a smooth puree. Transfer to a large saucepan. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 10 to 15 minutes, or until beans and tomatoes reach desired tenderness.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Old UPs driver, I think I will try that one tonight.

Morelucky, you try all of these dishes? See my visual of you is that of an early betty Crocker, or that nice young lady that hosts parties on a budget or what ever it is called. But if you try all these, I might have to revise my image to include about 300 extra pounds:blushing:

Any vegitarians on the site?

d

moreluck

golden ticket member
To answer your question, Danny......No, I don't try all of these recipes. In the beginning postings, they were tried recipes. I'd be big as a house if I ate all this stuff!

I do research and read a ton of recipes and if the ingredients sound like something I would like, then I post it. I can't do any of the ones that call for sugar, so I'm limited on dessert recipes, but I still post them for some brave soul to try.

I have a stack of recipes saved that I DO want to try, but I'll run out of time on earth before I get to all of them......kind of like my books situation too.....plenty of novels, but no time for much reading.

My hubby has been a great guinea pig all these 37 years . He tells me if a recipe is a "keeper" or not.

moreluck

golden ticket member
LEMON FRUIT DIP

2 cups reduced-fat sour cream
1 (3 oz.) pkg. sugar-free instant vanilla pudding
1/4 cup fat-free milk
4 tsps. lemon juice
1 tsp. grated lemon peel

In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Whisk well, making sure all ingredients are incorporated

Serve with slices of assorted fresh fruit.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Bacon and Pepper Pasta

1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
2 medium onions, halved and sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium green pepper, julienned
1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced*
1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
8 oz. linguine or pasta of your choice, cooked and drained

In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and
set aside; reserve drippings. Saute onions and garlic in drippings for 3
minutes. Add peppers; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes; heat
through. Add bacon and mix well. Serve over pasta.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Bunkhouse Meatloaf presented by Palmer Ranch House
1lb. lean ground beef
1/4 lb.pork sausage
1 egg, beaten
3 slices bread, crumbled
1 onion, finely chopped
1 tsp. salt
</TD><TD align=left>1/8 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. ground sage
1 beef bouillon cube
4 strips raw bacon
4 T. chili sauce

Combine all ingredients except last 4. Dissolve bouillon in the boiling water and add mixture. Shape into a loaf and place in greased baking pan. Top with bacon strips. After meat has baked approximately 25 minutes drain some grease, return to oven for remaining time. Bake in moderate (350 degree) oven 45-50 minutes.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Orange Chicken Leg Quarters

Ingredients:
4 chicken drumsticks, skin removed
4 chicken thighs, skin removed
1 cup green and red bell pepper strips
1/2 cup fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup prepared orange juice
1/2 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon light molasses
1 tablespoon prepared mustard
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
11 ounces can mandarin oranges
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 cup frozen peas
2 green onions, sliced
Directions:
(Ideal slow-cooker size: 5- to 6-quart)
Place chicken in slow cooker. Top with pepper strips. Combine broth, juice, ketchup, soy sauce, molasses, mustard, and garlic salt. Pour over chicken. Cover. Cook on low 5-6 hours.
Remove chicken and vegetables from slow cooker. Keep warm. Measure out 1 cup of cooking sauce. Put in saucepan and bring to boil. Drain oranges, reserving 1 Tbsp. juice. Stir cornstarch into reserved juice. Add to boiling sauce in pan. Add peas to sauce and cook, stirring 2-3 minutes until sauce thickens and peas are warm. Stir in oranges. Arrange chicken pieces on platter of cooked white rice, fried cellophane noodles, or lo mein noodles. Pour orange sauce over chicken and rice or noodles. Top with sliced green onions.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Delectabites Cookies

Ingredients:
1/2 cup Butter; softened
2 tablespoons Granulated sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 cup All-purpose flour
1 cup Finely chopped diamond walnuts
Powdered sugar
Directions:
Cream together butter, sugar and vanilla. Gradually blend in flour to make a stiff dough, then mix in walnuts. Shape into 1 inch balls; chill. Place on baking sheets and bake at 350 degrees friend. for 15 to 18 minutes or until firm to touch but not brown. Roll gently in powdered sugar and set on wire rack. When cold, roll again in sugar.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Almost Instant Pierogies

Ingredients
[SIZE=-1]3 pounds potatoes peeled and quartered[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]1/4 cup margarine [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]1 1/3 cups Cheddar cheese [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]4 cups onion sliced[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]1 teaspoon salt [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]12 ounces jumbo shell pasta cooked[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]1/2 teaspoon pepper [/SIZE]

InstructionsBoil potatoes. Combine potatoes and cheese together; mash until smooth. Stir in salt and pepper; set aside. Melt margarine in a skillet; add onions. Saute 10 to 15 minutes; spread half the onions in a 13x9" baking pan. Stuff each shell with potato mixture; arrange over onions. Sprinkle with remaining onions; bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.

moreluck

golden ticket member
CHICKEN PAPRIKASH

Salt & pepper
6-8 boneless thighs (I cut them in large bite-size pieces)
3 Tbls. butter
1 Tbls. of the fat trimmed off of bacon
1 clove garlic (minced)
1 med. sweet onion (chopped)
1 green pepper (chopped)
3-4 Tbls. REAL Hungarian Paprika
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
14 1/2 oz. can petite diced tomatoes (drained)

Salt & pepper the chicken. Melt butter & bacon fat in a large skillet. Brown the chicken in the skillet. Add the green pepper, onion and garlic and saute a few mins.. Sprinkle paprika all over the pan and mix well. Add chicken broth and tomatoes and simmer for 30 minutes......longer if you use bone-in chicken.

Turn heat down and add the sour cream.....just warm up, don't boil. Serve over buttered noodles or rice or mashed potatoes.

** I made this for dinner tonight and thought it was wonderful! The real Hungarian paprika makes all the difference in the world!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Crispy Baked Onion Rings

Ingredients:
2 large sweet onions
7 ounces corn flakes cereal, crushed
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon paprika
1 cup egg substitute
Vegetable cooking spray
Directions:
Cut each onion into 4 thick slices; separate into rings, reserving small rings for other uses. Set aside.
Combine cereal and next 3 ingredients; divide in half, and set aside. Beat egg substitute at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Dip half of onion rings in egg substitute; dredge in half of crumb mixture. Place in a single layer on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with remaining onion rings and crumb mixture. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes or utnil crisp; serve warm.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Oven Roasted Red Potatoes With Rosemary And Garlic

Ingredients:
1 1/2 pound small new red potatoes, scrubbed and dried
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
4 cloves garlic, crushed (more if desired)
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
OR
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees friend. Pare a narrow strip of peel from the middle of each potato. In a large bowl mix the oil, garlic, and rosemary; add the potatoes and toss well. Transfer the potatoes to a shallow baking pan and roast until potatoes are tender when tested with the tip of a knife. Serve hot.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Butter Beef

"Easy, melt in your mouth onion-buttery beef from your slow cooker! Serve over cooked egg noodles."
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]INGREDIENTS:[/FONT]
3 pounds cubed beef stew
meat
1/2 cup butter
1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion
soup mix
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]DIRECTIONS:[/FONT]

Place the beef and butter into a slow cooker. Sprinkle the onion soup mix over. Cover, and cook on Low for 8 hours, or High for 4 to 5 hours. Stir once or twice.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Crock Pot Italian Beef Roll Ups

1/4 C. pine nuts

1 clove garlic minced
2 T. fresh parsley chopped
2 T. fresh chopped basil
1 T. olive oil
salt and pepper
1 1/2 lbs. round steak
6 slices proscuitto
1 C. beef broth
1 oz. dried porcini mushrooms
1/2 C. red wine
2 T. cornstarch
1/4 C. water
In a small bowl combine pine nuts, garlic, parsley, basil, oil, salt and pepper.
Cut the steak into 6 pieces. Pound steaks to 1/4 inch thick. Place a slice of proscuitto on each piece. Spoon 1 Tablespoon of the herb mixture on each piece. Roll up like a jelly roll. Tie with a string. Place on bottom of the slow cooker.
Heat broth to boiling and pour over the dried mushrooms. Add to the slow cooker. Pour in wine.
Cover and cook on low for 6 - 8 hours. Turn pot to High and add the cornstarch, mixed with the water. Cover and cook another 20 minutes, until juices are thickened.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Baked Chicken

2 Chicken breasts, halved
1/2 ts Onion powder
1/4 ts Cayenne pepper
1/3 c Plain low-fat yogurt
1 c Fresh bread crumbs
1/2 ts Garlic powder
1/8 ts Ground ginger

Directions

Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly spray a medium size baking dish with vegetable spray. Rinse chicken and pat dry. In a shallow pan, combine bread crumbs, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and ginger. Dip chicken in yogurt, then into crumb mixture. Place in prepared dish. Bake uncovered, 45 to 50 min, or until tender.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Crockpot Tuscan Chicken & Sausage From Weight Watchers
1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 lb chicken sausages or turkey sausage
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 (9 ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts
1 medium onion, cut in wedges and separated
1 red bell pepper, cut in 1 . 5-inch squares
1 yellow bell pepper, cut in 1 . 5-inch squares
1 lb cremini mushrooms, cleaned and quartered
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/2 cup white wine
1 (15 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
  1. Cut the chicken into 1.5" cubes. Cut the sausage into similarly-sized pieces. Brown the chicken and sausage in the olive oil. Transfer to a crockpot. Deglaze the skillet with the wine; add to crockpot.
  2. Add the onion, the peppers and the mushrooms to the crockpot. Add the herbs, and salt and pepper to taste. Add the chicken broth. Cover tightly and cook on low 8-10 hrs or high 3-4 hours.