Where ya at???

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Started putting 12% into 401k as soon as I was eligible, raising it 2% at every raise till I maxed it out. My wife did the same.
Switched to the Roth at 9% about 4 years ago just because I don't feel I really need to add much more.
Currently have ~$2,000,000 in investments set aside to help support our son after we are gone.
You’re a better man than me union brother.
I have no wife or kids so I want to die with $0 to my name.
😎✊

Dewdewbrown

Don't know what local you are in, but no way any package car in my local is working 60 hours a week. Maybe 8 hours ot, if that. Guys that work Saturday have Monday off. No forced 6th in my local either.
Damn..Eff that! If you are not top pay you will damn near starve with those type of hours. A new driver would make approximately 50k with those hours. I was making that 15 years ago at my last job when that amount was preety good. We lose alot of drivers in the first years because of that reason. And at top pay, 2100 is livable, but in today's economy, you better stay single. Add a baby and a wife, and mommy will roll out with you in the morning on her way to work.

Dewdewbrown

We were sent a message yesterday if we were under 4 hours or more we were to report Saturday. I replied back something along the lines that "Sorry but I have plans. I won't be there." My plans? I plan to not be at work. The weekends are for me. Contractually we're only obligated to be there 5 days a week. Forget em.
Sooooo i guess All the drivers in your center did the same thing? Thats one weekend. What would you do for the other 51 Saturdays?

Dewdewbrown

View attachment 405830

Testing retirement income.
34 yr. pkg driver (AKA RPCD).
3-mile round trip commute to work
AFTAX FLEX = $1,000,000 life insurance policy for over 55 yrs. age
Working 2-3 days per week on avg.
Mortgage = paid off
Electric bill = paid off solar.
Spouse = quit job to become caretaker for adult disabled child
Biggest expense other than grocery is high speed internet/phone/cable bundle
Estimated yearly pension income ~$78000
Social Security income annually at age 62 for both ~$38,000
Local = SoCal
Looks like one of my checks when i used to work doubles in the hub. How you can make it in cali with that is the amazing part.

GenericUsername

Sooooo i guess All the drivers in your center did the same thing? Thats one weekend. What would you do for the other 51 Saturdays?

Stay home, except this year with it being Christmas Eve on Saturday. I'll more than be happy to work that one to make sure everyone has their gift.

And no, not all the drivers in the center did the same thing. Some went in, including higher seniority drivers than me since they are pansies and don't want to fight with management. We went through this last year. If they give me a warning letter then I'll contest it and file another harassment grievance over it...just like I did last year. My availability is 5 days a week per the contract. I work whatever is put into my package car and get it done, whether it be 250 stops or 120 stops (or less.) It's not a business need for me to work Saturday as my route is cut on Mondays. The work would be available for me on Monday if we didn't work Saturday.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Damn..Eff that! If you are not top pay you will damn near starve with those type of hours. A new driver would make approximately 50k with those hours. I was making that 15 years ago at my last job when that amount was preety good. We lose alot of drivers in the first years because of that reason. And at top pay, 2100 is livable, but in today's economy, you better stay single. Add a baby and a wife, and mommy will roll out with you in the morning on her way to work.
Lol, starve. Can't get by on a measly $90 grand a year.

Dewdewbrown

Lol, starve. Can't get by on a measly $90 grand a year
Like i said..for atarters its approximately 50k. And it is measly when your lazy average non motivated ass can make more. At top pay with wife and kids depending on where you live 90k is just ok.... In fl, ca, ny, tx the bitch gotta work and the crumbsnatchers are off to day care..unless you stay in an apartment..i cannot believe i am arguing with AMERICANS about making more money.

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
Like i said..for atarters its approximately 50k. And it is measly when your lazy average non motivated ass can make more. At top pay with wife and kids depending on where you live 90k is just ok.... In fl, ca, ny, tx the bitch gotta work and the crumbsnatchers are off to day care..unless you stay in an apartment..i cannot believe i am arguing with AMERICANS about making more money.
Make as much as you can as early as you can and squirrel away more than you can afford in the 401k or preferably Roth 401k while you are young.
Then you can hopefully coast to the end...But, what do I know I'm just a truck driver🤪

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
Make as much as you can as early as you can and squirrel away more than you can afford in the 401k or preferably Roth 401k while you are young.
Then you can hopefully coast to the end...But, what do I know I'm just a truck driver🤪
Man... these emojis are lame LOL

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
Looks like one of my checks when i used to work doubles in the hub. How you can make it in cali with that is the amazing part.
No Debt. pay as little interest, if any, as possible...Mortgage and car is the only exception.
Paid off the house and cars and have no energy bill. Just food and entertainment...except when the house decides it needs some attention😜

Dewdewbrown

I agree with that! I think a young man with no family and all tht energy can bust his ass rather than work 40 to 45 hours and be average..

Dewdewbrown

Stay home, except this year with it being Christmas Eve on Saturday. I'll more than be happy to work that one to make sure everyone has their gift.

And no, not all the drivers in the center did the same thing. Some went in, including higher seniority drivers than me since they are pansies and don't want to fight with management. We went through this last year. If they give me a warning letter then I'll contest it and file another harassment grievance over it...just like I did last year. My availability is 5 days a week per the contract. I work whatever is put into my package car and get it done, whether it be 250 stops or 120 stops (or less.) It's not a business need for me to work Saturday as my route is cut on Mondays. The work would be available for me on Monday if we didn't work Saturday.
You sound like the guy who just went to the panel for the exact same thing ... i dont fight the power, i beat them at their own game and pad my pockets and 401k. The look on my co workers face when i tell them i put 500 a week in my 401k when they are putting 50..