Who won 1st Presidential debate? 06/27/24…….. Be honest 🇺🇸 🇺🇸!

bacha29

As registered Independent not affiliated with either party what stood out to me was that neither individual should have the keys to the Situation Room or the codes to the US nuclear arsenal. One is an elderly gentleman whose mental sharpness is clearly in decline and whose party should not have allowed him to run in 2020 and the other a convicted felon who Fact Check caught lying at least 30 times last night and if elected and convicted on his remaining charges then pardons himself then the nation will have to prepare itself for a North Korean style family dictatorship

Neither one represents the future of their respective parties. So which party has the best stable of young and upcoming political talent? Most professional political observers I've read and listened to say it's the Democrats. Harris and Newsom you can forget about them. Instead they have Witmer (Michigan) and Beshear (Kentucky) but the one that has really caught a tailwind is Pa. Governor Josh Shapiro. A couple have even gone as far as to say that it's pretty much a forgone conclusion that Shapiro will be the 2028 Democratic presidential nominee..... We'll just have to wait and see.

fishtm2001

As registered Independent not affiliated with either party what stood out to me was that neither individual should have the keys to the Situation Room or the codes to the US nuclear arsenal. One is an elderly gentleman whose mental sharpness is clearly in decline and whose party should not have allowed him to run in 2020 and the other a convicted felon who Fact Check caught lying at least 30 times last night and if elected and convicted on his remaining charges then pardons himself then the nation will have to prepare itself for a North Korean style family dictatorship

Neither one represents the future of their respective parties. So which party has the best stable of young and upcoming political talent? Most professional political observers I've read and listened to say it's the Democrats. Harris and Newsom you can forget about them. Instead they have Witmer (Michigan) and Beshear (Kentucky) but the one that has really caught a tailwind is Pa. Governor Josh Shapiro. A couple have even gone as far as to say that it's pretty much a forgone conclusion that Shapiro will be the 2028 Democratic presidential nominee..... We'll just have to wait and see.
Shapiro, Whitmer, Beshear and maybe Wes Moore as VP

vantexan

Someone fact check that first sentence.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Biden looked and sounded just as :censored2:ty as he has for the past four years when leftists denied it but now they suddenly see it now that the Cathedral of the Left has given approval to point it out.

Thebrownblob

Go say your ABCs

If you can.
1719590905664.gif

bacha29

When someone says they are independent then go on to mention Trump’s lie and never mention Biden’s lies something starts to not add up.
Go to Factcheck.org . All the falsehoods by stated by both candidates are clearly stated. That's if you can get away from Fox News long enough to go look it up.

Thebrownblob

Go to Factcheck.org . All the falsehoods by stated by both candidates are clearly stated. That's if you can get away from Fox News long enough to go look it up.
Well, I went there and honestly, they both had a lot of misleading quotes but even some of the fact check.org fact checking is a little suspect. Take this one for example:

• Biden said Trump called U.S. veterans killed in World War I “suckers and losers,” which Trump called a “made up quote.” The Atlantic reported that, based on anonymous sources. A former Trump chief of staff later seemed to confirm Trump said it.
How is that checking any fact at all? The Atlantic quoted an anonymous source “seemed” to confirm? and somehow that is a fact? Yeah I don’t think so.

But either way by your standard, they’re both not truthful and misleading.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Well, I went there and honestly, they both had a lot of misleading quotes but even some of the fact check.org fact checking is a little suspect. Take this one for example:

• Biden said Trump called U.S. veterans killed in World War I “suckers and losers,” which Trump called a “made up quote.” The Atlantic reported that, based on anonymous sources. A former Trump chief of staff later seemed to confirm Trump said it.
How is that checking any fact at all? The Atlantic quoted an anonymous source “seemed” to confirm? and somehow that is a fact? Yeah I don’t think so.

But either way by your standard, they’re both not truthful and misleading.

FactCheck.org is a project of the Annenberg Public Policy Center of the Annenberg School for Communication at the University of Pennsylvania, and is funded primarily by the Annenberg Foundation.[3]

Like many large grantmaking foundations, the Annenberg Foundation is known to fund many left-of-center political groups and causes. [3]

According to the foundation’s 2017 tax form it has donated to groups including:[8]

Jewish Voice for Peace
Academy for Grassroots Organizations
American Civil Liberties Union
Ayni Institute
Center for Biological Diversity
Center for Reproductive Rights
Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights of Los Angeles
Defenders of Wildlife
Democracy Now Productions
EarthJustice
Equal Justice Initiative
Equality California Institute