Why collective bargaining?

Atomic_Smurf

You've lost smurf, you can't make your case. You are a cheerleader for rtw and you are a union worker. Its a complete Hippocrasy. You are are arguing against yourself. Your an idiot

Sent using BrownCafe App
I've made my case while you've hurled insults. Your contributions at this point are irrelevant & childish. There's a nice place for you on the sidelines of this conversation. Maybe BS will let you hold his water bucket, he looks thirsty.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Last edited:

Atomic_Smurf

This short video clip perfectly illustrates how top Democrats & some union leaders use alarmism to confuse & misdirect our rank & file. Viewer discretion is advised. The good news, as far as I know, is that this victim was able to walk away with its health insurance intact.

Atomic_Smurf

So just to recap...

-RTW is inconsequential & has no effect on our livelihood.

-Obama & the Democrats have legislated away a portion of our family's most important earned benefit to use to subsidize people that would rather not load trucks at 3a.m. or deliver packages for 10 hrs a day.

Got it? Good.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Brown Spider

So just to recap...

-RTW is inconsequential & has no effect on our livelihood.

-Obama & the Democrats have legislated away a portion of our family's most important earned benefit to use to subsidize people that would rather not load trucks at 3a.m. or deliver packages for 10 hrs a day.

Got it? Good.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Don't you understand when you're being ignored? Guess not. Oh well...just an amended recap:

-RTW has a devastating effect on local unions...especially small local unions...that are required to provide representation service to those who refuse to pay one cent for that representation.

-Obama & the Democrats have been instrumental in providing health care to the people in this country who were most in need of it. The jury is still out on the Affordable Care Act, and it falls short of what would have made sense but was unattainable...a national single payer health plan, but it is a step in the right direction.

You've proven yourself to be a bit less than the sharpest knife in the drawer over the past few weeks. You exhibited little knowledge about something as basic as local union elections. You haven't a clue about Taft-Hartley or the damage that Republican sponsored RTW legislation can do to local unions. In fact, you actually asserted that RTW was a means to keep local union officers in check. The DOL? The IRB? Local union elections? Nah!...let the Right To Freeloaders do it. Frankly, I'm convinced that you're either a RTW freeloader yourself, or simply a troll.

BTW, have you considered a name change? I'd suggest:

Atomic Super Smurf Having Only Limited Education!

Got it? Didn't think so.

Atomic_Smurf

Don't you understand when you're being ignored? Guess not. Oh well...just an amended recap:

-RTW has a devastating effect on local unions...especially small local unions...that are required to provide representation service to those who refuse to pay one cent for that representation.

-Obama & the Democrats have been instrumental in providing health care to the people in this country who were most in need of it. The jury is still out on the Affordable Care Act, and it falls short of what would have made sense but was unattainable...a national single payer health plan, but it is a step in the right direction.

You've proven yourself to be a bit less than the sharpest knife in the drawer over the past few weeks. You exhibited little knowledge about something as basic as local union elections. You haven't a clue about Taft-Hartley or the damage that Republican sponsored RTW legislation can do to local unions. In fact, you actually asserted that RTW was a means to keep local union officers in check. The DOL? The IRB? Local union elections? Nah!...let the Right To Freeloaders do it. Frankly, I'm convinced that you're either a RTW freeloader yourself, or simply a troll.

BTW, have you considered a name change? I'd suggest:

Atomic Super Smurf Having Only Limited Education!

Got it? Didn't think so.

Do you have any examples in the 24 RTW states of the "devistating effect" its had on unions? Cuz I have lots of examples HusseinCare having a devastating effect on people's healthcare plans. We could the compare effects of both laws & how working people have been affected. I like it however that you finally admitted the Democrats legislation "falls short" but suggesting that we all be in the same single payer government run system that is killing our veterans seems a little insincere...or ignorant, or both. Do you think these unaccountable government agencys & bean counting bureaucrats that are systematically denying care for our veterans are going to give a crap about you and your family?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I move for a filibuster?

In the interim consider this, which in my opinion, implicates both parties.
We are so primed for a new political party!!!

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. These nations have progressed through this sequence: From bondage to spiritual faith; From spiritual faith to great courage; From courage to liberty; From liberty to abundance; From abundance to selfishness; From selfishness to apathy; From apathy to dependence; From dependence back into bondage.”

Alexander Fraser Tytler - (15 October 1747 – 5 January 1813) was a Scottish advocate, judge, writer and historian who served as Professor of Universal History, and Greek and Roman Antiquities, in the University of Edinburgh

Ron Carey lives on

So I think we have established you are for anything the republican party stands for including RTW. We have established you are a union member? So what do you think about republicans against a National Right to Work agenda, do they betray your party's values

Sent using BrownCafe App

Brown Spider

Do you have any examples in the 24 RTW states of the "devistating effect" its had on unions? Cuz I have lots of examples HusseinCare having a devastating effect on people's healthcare plans. We could the compare effects of both laws & how working people have been affected. I like it however that you finally admitted the Democrats legislation "falls short" but suggesting that we all be in the same single payer government run system that is killing our veterans seems a little insincere...or ignorant, or both. Do you think these unaccountable government agencys & bean counting bureaucrats that are systematically denying care for our veterans are going to give a crap about you and your family?

Sent using BrownCafe App[/quote

Sent using BrownCafe App

1) I've already provided an example.

2) Why would you place the phrase "devistating effect" in quotes after intentionally misspelling the word devastating?

3) I don't know what HusseinCare is.

4) I think that you already know that the VA fiasco is being addressed.

5) Adios, Troll!

Atomic_Smurf

So I think we have established you are for anything the republican party stands for including RTW. We have established you are a union member? So what do you think about republicans against a National Right to Work agenda, do they betray your party's values

Sent using BrownCafe App

I do not support a national right to work law. Leave it to the states. The biggest supporters of RTW are state governors who's job it is to elevate the economic conditions and bring jobs to their states. I don't think it needs to be a national agenda as it would only neutralize the advantages right to work states have over non right to work states, minus the union aspect, which I maintain is minimal if not inconsequential except as a get-out-the-vote tool for the lesser informed. If people in non RTW states want the opportunity to expand their economic/jobs growth they will elect governors that will do so. Until then I find it healthy for half the country to choose one way and the other half to choose the other as it gives us a contrast to evaluate - learn from.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Atomic_Smurf

I move for a filibuster?

In the interim consider this, which in my opinion, implicates both parties.
We are so primed for a new political party!!!

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. These nations have progressed through this sequence: From bondage to spiritual faith; From spiritual faith to great courage; From courage to liberty; From liberty to abundance; From abundance to selfishness; From selfishness to apathy; From apathy to dependence; From dependence back into bondage.”

Alexander Fraser Tytler - (15 October 1747 – 5 January 1813) was a Scottish advocate, judge, writer and historian who served as Professor of Universal History, and Greek and Roman Antiquities, in the University of Edinburgh

We made it past the 200yr mark but my faith in our democracy is dwindling, sadly. It seems as if our country is switching sides from what we used to consider right and just. From freedom to servitude, from equal opportunity to equal outcome. It's as if there is a "fundamental transformation of America" taking place where descenders & deserters are called heroes and our heroes are mocked, ridiculed & denied the rights they fought to protect. It appears to me that there is an attempt to collapse our country in turmoil & division so that there can be a reset as to who we are as a people and what we stand for as a country. There is only one corrective force in Washington today that can restore us to the nation that we were founded as & they're meeting resistance from both political parties. Let's hope the TEA party can secure us another 200yrs of democracy because the alternatives we see around the globe are getting scarier every day.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Atomic_Smurf

1) I've already provided an example.

2) Why would you place the phrase "devistating effect" in quotes after intentionally misspelling the word devastating?

3) I don't know what HusseinCare is.

4) I think that you already know that the VA fiasco is being addressed.

5) Adios, Troll!

1) I haven't seen your awesome example.

2) devastating is correct.

3) You've had that on display since the subject came up.

4) Golfing & fund raising does nothing to help our veterans.

5) I'll be here on a regular basis. B**ch slapping the ignorant smiles off of liberals dumb monkey faces helps me to relax.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ron Carey lives on

Smurf you have had some conflicting views throughout this entire thread. Your party is for a NRTW law. Now you say its up to the states? Are you even sure what you stand for?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ron Carey lives on

So when our republicans in the Ky house help shoot down RTW do they betray your standards as a republican? When Brashear vetoes RTW if it even makes it to his desk (which it won't) is he standing in the way of your so called progress?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Rholly

Here's the problem! If only the money would stop going to the top. The wealthiest americans don't send their sons and daughters to war or do they have them work like dogs like 99% of us have to just to have a small piece of the american dream! When corporate america gets it's morales back and starts passing down some of it's profits to the men and women who actually make the money for them, we will once again become truly a free constitutional republic! Greed is not good, despite what wall street thinks. It destroys countries, and democracies. If corporate america and wall street would share in the profits that most of us hard working blue collar americans earned for them, there would be no need for unions. As of right now, the need to belong to a union is greater then ever. It we can get our piece of the american pie!!!
Smurf, you have no clue, the tea party is very closed minded. Most republicans "like myself" want nothing to do with them...

Ron Carey lives on

I don't give two greasy s---- if your republican or democrat, stay away from my livelihood. Any politician that has nothing better to do than attack unions, needs a better to do list

Sent using BrownCafe App

Atomic_Smurf

What about encouraging businesses to pay a livable wage. Jim Casey invited the Teamsters to organize ups. You get what you pay for

Sent using BrownCafe App
How about getting the Teamsters to negotiate a livable starting wage, then you can preach to other businesses about it. Most unions don't care about the "unborn" aka new hires & aren't willing to fight for them since they aren't voting in contracts. RTW is making negotiators think a little differently about that now...

Sent using BrownCafe App

Atomic_Smurf

Smurf you have had some conflicting views throughout this entire thread. Your party is for a NRTW law. Now you say its up to the states? Are you even sure what you stand for?

Sent using BrownCafe App
You asked what I thought while accusing me of towing the party line. I expressed that I had a different line of thought than those that would support a NRTW law & you still aren't happy. I'm not speaking on behalf of the RNC.

Sent using BrownCafe App