Zimmerman case - Found Not Guilty

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldngray

nowhere special
The key issue is that Zimmerman's injuries didn't have to be life threatening, just that he believed he was in for fear for his life or severe injury and was unable to flee.

over9five

Staff member
The key issue is that Zimmerman's injuries didn't have to be life threatening, just that he believed he was in for fear for his life or severe injury and was unable to flee.
Thankfully, Mr Zimmerman was able to stop the attack before it became life threatening. With his head being beaten against the ground by the thug, the worry would be losing consciousness and then his life if the thug continued the beating.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"Zimmerman was diagnosed with a "closed fracture" of his nose, a pair of black eyes, two lacerations to the back of his head and a minor back injury the day after he fatally shot Martin during an alleged altercation"

bbsam

Staff member
What I am saying is that as weak as the states case is in parts, the facts put together may prove formidable enough for conviction.

bbsam

Staff member
"Zimmerman was diagnosed with a "closed fracture" of his nose, a pair of black eyes, two lacerations to the back of his head and a minor back injury the day after he fatally shot Martin during an alleged altercation"
You can get that in a high school soccer match.

Upsmule

From a poor pathetic totally innocent 17 year old youth.

Right.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
What I am saying is that as weak as the states case is in parts, the facts put together may prove formidable enough for conviction.

Why did Zimmerman follow Martin, after 911 had been called? Zimmerman has already admitted that the prime directive of Neighborhood Watch is to let the police do their job and not get involved personally.

brett636

Why did Zimmerman follow Martin, after 911 had been called? Zimmerman has already admitted that the prime directive of Neighborhood Watch is to let the police do their job and not get involved personally.

I'd imagine he wanted to be sure to witness any possible crime the suspect was about to committ. Little did he know he was about to be the victim of a crime instead.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'd imagine he wanted to be sure to witness any possible crime the suspect was about to committ. Little did he know he was about to be the victim of a crime instead.

You know, if I had some little jerk like Zimmerman following me around for no good reason, I might not like it. And if he got up in my face, I might just have to take out my 9mm and screw it into his ear. The reason Zimmerman was following Martin was because he fit Zimmerman's profile of what a "criminal" should look like. Unfortunately, Martin wasn't a criminal at all.

brett636

You know, if I had some little jerk like Zimmerman following me around for no good reason, I might not like it. And if he got up in my face, I might just have to take out my 9mm and screw it into his ear. The reason Zimmerman was following Martin was because he fit Zimmerman's profile of what a "criminal" should look like. Unfortunately, Martin wasn't a criminal at all.

Martin was an admitted illegal drug user so yes he was a criminal.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Martin was an admitted illegal drug user so yes he was a criminal.

So sorry. We are talking about the events of the day Zimmerman shot Martin, so your comment is irrelevant. Using your "logic", everyone who has ever smoked a joint is a criminal.

Status
Not open for further replies.