Zimmerman case - Found Not Guilty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Returntosender

Zimmerman tried to learn MMA fighting but just going to classes a few times doesn't mean much. He was "clinically obese" (5' 7" 204 lbs at the time, now well over 300 after a year in hiding) and described as soft. Just because he tried doesn't mean he was any good at it.
I disagree. Even with little training Zimmerman could have easily got Martin off of him. One of first/basic moves the instructor will teach you is a BJJ UPA"youtube it" even with limited training Zimmerman has the advantage over some who has no training. Zimmerman being descibed as soft. IMO that is BS softmen are not physically confrontational. Unless they have gun to give them confindence.

oldngray

nowhere special
I disagree. Even with little training Zimmerman could have easily got Martin off of him. One of first/basic moves the instructor will teach you is a BJJ UPA"youtube it" even with limited training Zimmerman has the advantage over some who has no training. Zimmerman being descibed as soft. IMO that is BS softmen are not physically confrontational. Unless they have gun to give them confindence.

Who said Martin had no training? He had more MMA training than Zimmerman

Upsmule

You know, if I had some little jerk like Zimmerman following me around for no good reason, I might not like it. And if he got up in my face, I might just have to take out my 9mm and screw it into his ear. The reason Zimmerman was following Martin was because he fit Zimmerman's profile of what a "criminal" should look like. Unfortunately, Martin wasn't a criminal at all.

Martin was an admitted illegal drug user so yes he was a criminal.

Speculation and opinion. Again - screw the facts I'm a liberal with an agenda.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
accqiv.jpg

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
I have to say, a gun isnt always the best defence or attack. Thats because, most of the time, is tucked away in a holdster. A knife attack is more dangerous then a gun, because its easy to conceal. Plus, you can run up on someone faster then they can draw.

When a cop stops you on the street, he/ she isnt worried about a gun, not so much as you having a knife.

Video below is a little loud, but great insight on this topic.

Think you could defend yourself against knife attack- - YouTube

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Don't forget the weather conditions that night .
It had been raining .
Most people I know don't linger outside while the rain is coming down .

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Don't forget the weather conditions that night .
It had been raining .
Most people I know don't linger outside while the rain is coming down .

And it was dark.

Martin couldve been walking, not looking at him and just came at him like a rocket. Threw his drink and skittles at him. Whatever is possible.

Returntosender

Who said Martin had no training? He had more MMA training than Zimmerman

A physician assistant who treated George Zimmerman's injuries the day after he said he shot and killed Trayvon Martin in self-defense testified Friday that she had treated Zimmerman before, and that he told her he'd had been involved with mixed martial arts several times a week. Physician assistant: George Zimmerman trained 'MMA style' | News 13

Martin had no training or very little at the most. In MMA classes the instructors tell the students in a street fight in the mounted you do punch with closed fists. Cause if you miss your fist will hit pavement. Pavement does not give the bones in your hand and wrist will be before the pavement. Use open palm strikes to get your opponent to move into the position you want them to so you go for a choke hold or joint manipulation.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
A physician assistant who treated George Zimmerman's injuries the day after he said he shot and killed Trayvon Martin in self-defense testified Friday that she had treated Zimmerman before, and that he told her he'd had been involved with mixed martial arts several times a week. Physician assistant: George Zimmerman trained 'MMA style' | News 13

Thats pretty crazy.

Yet he had scratchs on the back of his head, not so much on the front. As for the possible attack from Martin, Zimmermen might of been relying too much on his gun then fighting hand to hand, alike that video at the top.

This whole thing is garbage.

Returntosender

I have to say, a gun isnt always the best defence or attack. Thats because, most of the time, is tucked away in a holdster. A knife attack is more dangerous then a gun, because its easy to conceal. Plus, you can run up on someone faster then they can draw.

When a cop stops you on the street, he/ she isnt worried about a gun, not so much as you having a knife.

Video below is a little loud, but great insight on this topic.

Think you could defend yourself against knife attack- - YouTube
COPS SOP when confronting a suspect is to keep 6 to 8 of distance between yourself and suspect. Suspect might attempt sucide by cop.

oldngray

nowhere special

Martin had no training or very little at the most. In MMA classes the instructors tell the students in a street fight in the mounted you do punch with closed fists. Cause if you miss your fist will hit pavement. Pavement does not give the bones in your hand and wrist will be before the pavement. Use open palm strikes to get your opponent to move into the position you want them to so you go for a choke hold or joint manipulation.

Yes, it has been established that Zimmerman tried to learn MMA. Still says nothing about how good he was, or that Martin also had training and was a street fighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.