Zimmerman case - Found Not Guilty

Status
Not open for further replies.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Up in Canada, he would face mandatory manslaughter charges, with up to 10 years in prison.
He didn't even defend his own home, and I don't think even his own life !
Why doesn't the 9/11 tape include a sentence like this : "Ok, I give up - you win" !
Nope, just screaming and asking for help !
And, I still don't believe a 17 yr old could over power Zimmerman, in a way that he would be beaten to death.
Without a presence of that gun, no one would have been killed ! Period !
The only thing I would change about your post is the first 5 words.........it should read ......."One time at band camp".

moreluck

golden ticket member
Up in Canada, he would face mandatory manslaughter charges, with up to 10 years in prison.
He didn't even defend his own home, and I don't think even his own life !
Why doesn't the 9/11 tape include a sentence like this : "Ok, I give up - you win" !
Nope, just screaming and asking for help !
And, I still don't believe a 17 yr old could over power Zimmerman, in a way that he would be beaten to death.
Without a presence of that gun, no one would have been killed ! Period !
A 17 yr' old could whip your butt !!!
Enough strikes of the head on concrete could easily be fatal. Wasn't it testified to that the teen said something like "tonight you die"? Maybe you should have been there that night to feed them dialogue for the 911 tape.

klein

Für Meno :)
A 17 yr' old could whip your butt !!!
Enough strikes of the head on concrete could easily be fatal. Wasn't it testified to that the teen said something like "tonight you die"? Maybe you should have been there that night to feed them dialogue for the 911 tape.
I sure know Zimmerman could whip my butt ! He's a big man !

All that kid wanted to do is go back to Daddy's condo - yet was interferred by Zimmerman and couldn't get "home" with his skiddles and soda and was forced to take other routes (within the condo area) to get there. Zimmerman got really crazy about that - followed him (against 9/11 directions/advice) and confronted the poor kid instead.
Well, I was 17 once, and I would have defended myself to get "home" too !

oldngray

nowhere special

All that kid wanted to do is go back to Daddy's condo - yet was interferred by Zimmerman and couldn't get "home" with his skiddles and soda and was forced to take other routes (within the condo area) to get there. Zimmerman got really crazy about that - followed him (against 9/11 directions/advice) and confronted the poor kid instead.
Martin made it home - just outside house- and went back to confront Zimmerman. Sucker punched him, and the fight started.

brett636

I think the prosecution flinched when they asked for the child abuse charge. Its a sign that they aren't confident in their case and now they are grasping at straws to find someway to put this innocent man behind bars. Luckily the judge just couldn't allow such a ridiculous charge without seriously compromising her supposedly impartial status(although that went out the window a long time ago IMHO).

texan

Wow, it looks like you all learned how to speak "WHINE-NEESE"....

Now you want to whine about charges?

Aww, too bad. Your gun toting "weakling" ( as described by his own defense team and defense witnesses ) is going to be convicted on something.

He isnt going to walk away. A manslaughter charge carries the same time in prison as the 2 degree murder charge. So, I hope he enjoys prison food as much as he enjoys the court jail food.

Maybe by the time his appeal comes around, he'll weight 500 lbs? Jus sayin.

Today, the judge insured that Trayvon Martin would have justice in the court room.

Peace

TOS
And never mind that Mr. Zimmerman’s lawyers cannot defend against either of these new ‘charges,’ since
they have rested.

bbsam

Staff member
And never mind that Mr. Zimmerman’s lawyers cannot defend against either of these new ‘charges,’ since
they have rested.

Um. They already did and knew they were doing so from the get go. Anyway, it is only the manslaughter charge, not the child abuse charge.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I wasn't aware 'til today that the jury doesn't know the punishments of the different crimes......only that one is more serious than the other. They can actually find him guilty of a lesser crime that can carry as large a punishment as the more serious one.

moreluck

golden ticket member
What testimony ???? That she heard the grass??

Via NRO:
Zimmerman prosecutor Prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda invoked Martin Luther King’s “I Have A Dream” speech in describing the testimony of trial witness Rachel Jeantel.

Rionda described Jeantel as “unsophisticated,” but argued that she is the most valuable witness the jurors have heard from. Jeantel was on the phone with Trayvon Martin moments before he was shot and killed and testified last week that Martin told her that Zimmerman was following him.

Rionda told the jury: “I had a dream…that today, a witness would be judged not on the color of her personality, but the content of her testimony.”

moreluck

golden ticket member
Via Campus Reform:

George Mason University (GMU) is set to offer a three-credit course on Florida youth Trayvon Martin this fall but in the online description of the course misspelled his name as “Trevon Martin.”

The class, officially entitled “Race & Politics, Trevon [sic] Martin” in the course catalogue will be taught by Professor Rutledge Dennis of the Sociology and Anthropology Department.

Martin was shot in February 2012 after an altercation with a neighborhood watch member, George Zimmerman, who is currently the subject of a murder trial.

Returntosender

This case is crazy. A guy took MMA classes only to discover he's weak and lacks skill, and still wants to be a part of neighborhood watch. What the **** is wrong with that picture.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
This case is crazy. A guy took MMA classes only to discover he's weak and lacks skill, and still wants to be a part of neighborhood watch. What the **** is wrong with that picture.

Unfortunately, like most gun owners, GZ has a mental problem that forces him to have to carry a weapon as if he lived in somalia. Where did he think he was patroling anyway? South central los angeles?

He lived in a gated quiet neighborhood, and there is NO EVIDENCE that a gun was necessary to tote around while driving through the streets of his complex. There is NO evidence of shootings, there is NO evidence that burgulars were running around armed and there was NO evidence that GZ was even QUALIFIED to carry a firearm.

The maroon (by his own attorneys case) was such a weakling, they made him out to be a COWARD with a gun.

Personally, as Ive said before, I think anyone who has to carry around a gun in their everyday lives is a coward, but thats another story.

Look, GZ forced a bad hand. This weaking followed someone bigger and stronger than him in the dark. GZ had two forms of courage with him that night:

1) the fact that he knew the police were coming
&
2) he had a gun on him.

What he "didnt" have with him that night was Common sense and good judgement. He made a giant mistake in MIS IDENTIFYING Trayvon for a criminal. He made a giant mistake by not following police instructions to go to the mail boxes and meet the police there, so they could put GZ into the squad and drive him around looking for the "suspect". He made the BIGGEST mistake and MIS CALCULATION of getting out of his vehicle and pursuing TM in the dark.

He furthered that MIS CALCULATION by placing "FEAR" into TM to the point where it was TM who had to defend himself. Sucker punch or not, TM had no way of knowing what GZ's intentions were, and TM has NO OBLIGATION to ask him either.

Once GZ established to TM that he was following, chasing or stalking him, TM had every right to defend HIMSELF. At no point does TM waive his rights to GZ as GZ has NO AUTHORITY to apprehend, capture or detain TM.

Once he confronts TM, everything after that Falls SQUARELY onto the shoulders of GZ.

The death of TM becomes WRECKLESS and WONTON.

TM has the presumtion of innocence and every right to free travel. GZ had no right to become JUDGE, JURY and Executioner of TM on that night.

At the end of the day, an innocent man was killed. To me, TM is a person, a free person. A person with rights to self preservation. To you all, he may ONLY be BLACK, and that may ( in your minds) disqualify TM from having any rights and that is simply WRONG.

I hope you all take a step back for your hatred of TM long enough to recognize that he was a human being first.

Peace

TOS

Justaname

I sure know Zimmerman could whip my butt ! He's a big man ! All that kid wanted to do is go back to Daddy's condo - yet was interferred by Zimmerman and couldn't get "home" with his skiddles and soda and was forced to take other routes (within the condo area) to get there. Zimmerman got really crazy about that - followed him (against 9/11 directions/advice) and confronted the poor kid instead. Well, I was 17 once, and I would have defended myself to get "home" too !
god this argument always gets to me. When I did mma, we would have guys like zimmerman come in all the time. They sucked and no matter how hard they tried they never got better. Size does not matter over physical capibality. I would put a 100 bucks on trayvon vs George if you stood them next to each other. That being said.... I think he's getting manslaughter.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

klein just for the record...it was his father's girlfriend's condo .
And GZ never interacted with TM while he was walking back to the condo , all he did was observe his movements .

moreluck

golden ticket member
(TOS) Most gun owners have mental problems ????? Did you forget to site your source of that little gem ???

bbsam

Staff member
god this argument always gets to me. When I did mma, we would have guys like zimmerman come in all the time. They sucked and no matter how hard they tried they never got better. Size does not matter over physical capibality. I would put a 100 bucks on trayvon vs George if you stood them next to each other. That being said.... I think he's getting manslaughter.
I don't know about that. I just don't think Zimmerman even considered self defense aside from his gun. He wasn't thinking of a wrist grip or a choke hold or a body throw when he followed Martin and the confrontation ensued. He didn't have to. He had the gun.

oldngray

nowhere special
I don't know about that. I just don't think Zimmerman even considered self defense aside from his gun. He wasn't thinking of a wrist grip or a choke hold or a body throw when he followed Martin and the confrontation ensued. He didn't have to. He had the gun.

He wasn't thinking about the gun at first or even have the gun drawn. Martin was beating him up for 30-40 seconds first, so if Zimmerman's intention was to use gun first that fight would have ended much quicker. I don't think Zimmerman expected or was prepared for a physical confrontation.

Returntosender

If any neighborhood watch guy would know. If they see someone who appears to be acting suspicious and plan on confronting that person. You have to be somewhat on the defensive. That person might react hostile towards you. Zimmerman should have been on the defensive when as Zimmerman said, " Martin told him if he has a problem with him" Not "I got no problem with you". As you say he became dependent on his gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.