“The Body of Christ” with Integrity (On Topic Only”

Integrity

Binge Poster
Read the passage again.
One can not help but love ( a responsive love)God because of his sacrificial willingness to give his Son to die and who loved me enough to sacrifice his life for me.
My response to that kind of love is to love him and his will and not myself and my will.
Still a bit stiff and robotic but certainly much more personal than you have been in the past. I think maybe we are getting somewhere.

God is good!!

So is it basically fair to say you love God because he loved you first?

I get what you are saying, I can relate truly.

But reality and experience has shown that many have heard of God’s sacrificial willingness to give his Son to die and who loved them enough to sacrifice his life for them and were clearly able to keep themselves from loving God.

Why were you not able to help yourself from loving God when others clearly could, what was different for you?

What do you mean by (a responsive love)?

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Still a bit stiff and robotic but certainly much more personal than you have been in the past. I think maybe we are getting somewhere.
Siff and robotic? lol
Whatever you feel it is, that makes it right. lol
Where are we going?
God is good!!
Yes, thats been more than covered.

So is it basically fair to say you love God because he loved you first?
You're getting warm. lol

But reality and experience has shown that many have heard of God’s sacrificial willingness to give his Son to die and who loved them enough to sacrifice his life for them and were clearly able to keep themselves from loving God.
I think you mean that people reject God's love and his offer of salvation.
Yes this is true. "Many" will be lost because of this.( Matthew 7)

Why were you not able to help yourself from loving God when others clearly could, what was different for you?
Not sure what you mean by the question, but I guess my heart was receptive to those truths, while others close their hearts upon hearing the same thing I did and go their own way.

What do you mean by (a responsive love)?
Sorry, I can't do much better than the 2 previous comments.
Which part do you not understand?

BrownFlush

Curious, By repentance do you mean sins you ask for forgiveness for, you wish you wouldn’t do anymore,but still do or sins you ask for forgiveness for and don’t do anymore?
Repentance means a turning away . A 180 degree turn.
If one is not willing to turn from sin but make a conscience decision to continue in whatever sin one is involved in, there is no grace or mercy.
The sin that is a sin "unto death" is the sin one refuses to repent of.
"If anyone sees his brother committing a sin not leading to death, he shall ask, and God will give him life—to those who commit sins that do not lead to death. There is sin that leads to death; I do not say that one should pray for that.All wrongdoing is sin, but there is sin that does not lead to death.
We know that everyone who has been born of God does not keep on sinning, but he who was born of God protects him, and the evil one does not touch him." -- 1John 5: 16- 18

Integrity

Binge Poster
Siff and robotic? lol
Whatever you feel it is, that makes it right. lol
Where are we going?

Yes, thats been more than covered.

You're getting warm. lol

I think you mean that people reject God's love and his offer of salvation.
Yes this is true. "Many" will be lost because of this.( Matthew 7)

Not sure what you mean by the question, but I guess my heart was receptive to those truths, while others close their hearts upon hearing the same thing I did and go their own way.

Sorry, I can't do much better than the 2 previous comments.
Which part do you not understand?
Thanks.

Where we going?

Hopefully to more areas of agreement.

So we agree that it is possible for people to reject God's love and his offer of salvation, can we agree that it probably happens a lot too?

Can we also agree that a heart being receptive to the truths of God’s sacrificial willingness to give his Son to die and who loved them enough to sacrifice his life for them is what is necessary to love God and simple knowledge or simply hearing these truths is not enough to keep one from hardening their hearts to these truths and therefore not loving God?

BrownFlush

So we agree that it is possible for people to reject God's love and his offer of salvation, can we agree that it probably happens a lot too?
Yes. I stated that.

Can we also agree that a heart being receptive to the truths of God’s sacrificial willingness to give his Son to die and who loved them enough to sacrifice his life for them is what is necessary to love God and simple knowledge or simply hearing these truths is not enough to keep one from hardening their hearts to these truths and therefore not loving God?
What?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Repentance means a turning away . A 180 degree turn.
If one is not willing to turn from sin but make a conscience decision to continue in whatever sin one is involved in, there is no grace or mercy.
The sin that is a sin "unto death" is the sin one refuses to repent of.
"If anyone sees his brother committing a sin not leading to death, he shall ask, and God will give him life—to those who commit sins that do not lead to death. There is sin that leads to death; I do not say that one should pray for that.All wrongdoing is sin, but there is sin that does not lead to death.
We know that everyone who has been born of God does not keep on sinning, but he who was born of God protects him, and the evil one does not touch him." -- 1John 5: 16- 18
Can a person who doesn’t want to sin, but does anyway and doesn’t understand nor feel good about his actions still be considered to be repentant?

BrownFlush

Is a receptive heart to the truths you stated necessary to receive God’s love and offer of salvation or is simple knowledge or hearing the truths enough?

???????????

Question 1)
Is a receptive heart to the truths you stated necessary to receive God’s love and offer of salvation

or
Question 2)
is simple knowledge or hearing the truths enough?

Really trying but you're not making much sense.

Receptive seems to be the word that is different.
Uh, yes one needs to be willing to receive God's love and offer.
One also must be willing to accept His terms of the offer.

Romans 10:17 His love, offer, and terms are found in scripture.

BrownFlush

Integrity

Binge Poster
???????????

Question 1)
Is a receptive heart to the truths you stated necessary to receive God’s love and offer of salvation

or
Question 2)
is simple knowledge or hearing the truths enough?

Really trying but you're not making much sense.

Receptive seems to be the word that is different.
Uh, yes one needs to be willing to receive God's love and offer.
One also must be willing to accept His terms of the offer.

Romans 10:17 His love, offer, and terms are found in scripture.
Yes. I only used the word receptive because you used it in post #505 of this thread I asked :

And you said

“Not sure what you mean by the question, but I guess my heart was receptive to those truths, while others close their hearts upon hearing the same thing I did and go their own way.”

I will rephrase the question:

Was it necessary for your heart to be receptive to receive God’s love or was hearing about it enough?

And, I hope this isn’t too personal:

Why were you or how did you become receptive?

BrownFlush

Yes. I only used the word receptive because you used it in post #505 of this thread I asked :

And you said

“Not sure what you mean by the question, but I guess my heart was receptive to those truths, while others close their hearts upon hearing the same thing I did and go their own way.”

I will rephrase the question:

Was it necessary for your heart to be receptive to receive God’s love or was hearing about it enough?

And, I hope this isn’t too personal:

Why were you or how did you become receptive?
Are you making God’s love the same thing as one’s salvation?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Are you making God’s love the same thing as one’s salvation?
No. I will rephrase the question?

Was it necessary for your heart to be receptive to receive God’s love and his offer of salvation or was hearing about it enough?

Again, I hope this isn’t too personal:

Why were you or how did you become receptive to God’s love and his offer of salvation?

BrownFlush

No. I will rephrase the question?

Was it necessary for your heart to be receptive to receive God’s love and his offer of salvation or was hearing about it enough?

Again, I hope this isn’t too personal:

Why were you or how did you become receptive to God’s love and his offer of salvation?
How can one know about either unless it is revealed to them?
One can guess about the love of God. One can guess about salvation. One can guess their “personal experience “ is it.
One can guess about conditions of hearts, what kind is receptive and what hearts are hardened , if their heart is right with God.

People guess, believe someone else about what God gives and wants, make nature God, etc.

God never created man and left him to guess about what He was and what he wants. He never left us to guess about eternity and how to get there.
Again.. Romans 10:17
Again... the answers are in scripture. “All scripture “ 2Tim 2:15
The way I became “receptive “ was with the Words of God. “ It is sharper than any two edged sword, able to divide soul and spirit.” ( Hebrews)

Those words that you limit is the way God chose to reveal his mind so we can respond and know.
How? God ‘s Word
Why? God ‘s Word
Life giving eternal words.

Integrity

Binge Poster
How can one know about either unless it is revealed to them?
One can guess about the love of God. One can guess about salvation. One can guess their “personal experience “ is it.
One can guess about conditions of hearts, what kind is receptive and what hearts are hardened , if their heart is right with God.

People guess, believe someone else about what God gives and wants, make nature God, etc.

God never created man and left him to guess about what He was and what he wants. He never left us to guess about eternity and how to get there.
Again.. Romans 10:17
Again... the answers are in scripture. “All scripture “ 2Tim 2:15
The way I became “receptive “ was with the Words of God. “ It is sharper than any two edged sword, able to divide soul and spirit.” ( Hebrews)

Those words that you limit is the way God chose to reveal his mind so we can respond and know.
How? God ‘s Word
Why? God ‘s Word
Life giving eternal words.
You are too much!

You don’t know why you personally love God and accept His offer for salvation?

I thought you did.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Who reading this believes God so loves the world, and God so loves you?

No proof need for this discussion you can just share what you believe.

BrownFlush

You are too much!

You don’t know why you personally love God and accept His offer for salvation?

I thought you did.
What?
Would it help if I added the word personal and relationship you?
I call God my Father, I call the Creator of the Universe, My Father.
Pretty personal.