“The Body of Christ” with Integrity (On Topic Only”

quad decade guy

A local Church that I attend went from the NIV to the ESV a few years back.

I started hearing the Bible read at mass before I could even talk, started personally reading it in 3rd Grade.

I figure that makes it about 50 years that I have been reading it on my own apart from having it read to me.
60 years of indoctrination....I guess it worked.....

rod

Retired 23 years
I went to a Catholic Mass this morning in honor of my recently departed mother-in-law. Man there was some mumbo jumbo voo doo stuff going on there.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Please explain.
Told the story earlier. You can look it up. Condensed version, I felt a presence come upon me, I believe this was God.

Since that moment I have been a completely new creation, not perfect just new.

God immediately gave me victory over some of the most glaring things I was trying to resolve for years in my own strength.

God is good!

Integrity

Binge Poster
I went to a Catholic Mass this morning in honor of my recently departed mother-in-law. Man there was some mumbo jumbo voo doo stuff going on there.
I understand your perspective, many people feel this way. I personally don’t have a problem with most of it, but I was brought up going to mass.

Do you believe in God?

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Told the story earlier. You can look it up. Condensed version, I felt a presence come upon me, I believe this was God.

Since that moment I have been a completely new creation, not perfect just new.

God immediately gave me victory over some of the most glaring things I was trying to resolve for years in my own strength.

God is good!
The apostle Paul's experience:
He "felt" he was doing the right thing persecuting Christians. Doing it for God.
He was blinded on the road to Damascus. He never "felt" a presence but actually saw and spoke with Jesus. ( a qualification to be an Apostle) He was told to go and it would he be told what to do. After 3 days , he was told to "arise and be baptized and was away his sins. He became a Christian.( this account appears more than once in Acts)

He was now "in Christ" Gal.3:26&27 ( how the Bible says one gets to be "in Christ")
Mark 16:15&16 He was to preach the same gospel to the Gentiles.

To be a "new creation" one must be "in Christ".
" not according to the flesh. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a" new creation." The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation; that is, in Christ God was reconciling" -- 2 Cor. 5:16 -19

Faith comes by hearing the word of God. ( Romans 10:17) In other words. he works the same with everyone.
Why did you get the presence of God and the other guy struggling with addiction did not?
"God immediacy gave me victory", sounds miraculous. Was your "experience " a miracle?

God is not "a respecter of persons" ( Acts 10:34) He works in our lives through his son, Jesus Christ, and His Word.
People claim all sorts of things and say it was God.
But, the Bible is very clear how God works in the lives of people today.
This is one of the reasons God is good. He has leveled the playing field.
There is no doubt you had an experience.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Yes------but not in organized religion
Organized religion certainly has really done a lot to alienate people from God.

Sadly most organized religions claim to do the opposite but often it is mere words.

Thanks for you contribution to this discussion!!

Integrity

Binge Poster
The apostle Paul's experience:
He "felt" he was doing the right thing persecuting Christians. Doing it for God.
He was blinded on the road to Damascus. He never "felt" a presence but actually saw and spoke with Jesus. ( a qualification to be an Apostle) He was told to go and it would he be told what to do. After 3 days , he was told to "arise and be baptized and was away his sins. He became a Christian.( this account appears more than once in Acts)

He was now "in Christ" Gal.3:26&27 ( how the Bible says one gets to be "in Christ")
Mark 16:15&16 He was to preach the same gospel to the Gentiles.

To be a "new creation" one must be "in Christ".
" not according to the flesh. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a" new creation." The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation; that is, in Christ God was reconciling" -- 2 Cor. 5:16 -19

Faith comes by hearing the word of God. ( Romans 10:17) In other words. he works the same with everyone.
Why did you get the presence of God and the other guy struggling with addiction did not?
"God immediacy gave me victory", sounds miraculous. Was your "experience " a miracle?

God is not "a respecter of persons" ( Acts 10:34) He works in our lives through his son, Jesus Christ, and His Word.
People claim all sorts of things and say it was God.
But, the Bible is very clear how God works in the lives of people today.
This is one of the reasons God is good. He has leveled the playing field.
There is no doubt you had an experience.
No doubt!

You talk to God today?

BrownFlush

Yes------but not organized religion
The Lord died for his organization, the church. Acts 20:28 He built it. You can find it in the pages of the NT.

Religious organizations of men alienate and fills their hearts with false teaching and false hope. They are founded by men with plenty of mumbo jumbo and voodoo to go around that God calls “ in vain” worship. “Teaching as doctrine the commandments of men.”

BrownFlush