10 step pay raises

vantexan

Wouldnt the chart change year after year? Starting pay has gone up every year so why wouldnt step 1 go up every year.
Why should it? Aren't you getting a more substantial raise every year now? Why would they put out a chart that's different than last year? If you were step 1 last year you'll be step 2 this year. Same chart.

Oldfart

All employees are eligible but do all employees contribute?
Still wonder why the poster decided that 10 year employees can skip a step. What does 10 years have to do with anything. No matter what a persons 401k or bank account account look like, you can't use wealth or lack of when you decide who does and doesn't get a raise.

SmithBarney

Why should it? Aren't you getting a more substantial raise every year now? Why would they put out a chart that's different than last year? If you were step 1 last year you'll be step 2 this year. Same chart.

So step 10, will be step 10 forever? Step one for new hires will be the same forever? yeah I didn't think so... the whole chart should slide upward to reflect a yearly COLA increase(HAHA, yeah right) but nobody knows yet.. well someone knows, but they still like to keep it a secret.

Oldfart

So step 10, will be step 10 forever? Step one for new hires will be the same forever? yeah I didn't think so... the whole chart should slide upward to reflect a yearly COLA increase(HAHA, yeah right) but nobody knows yet.. well someone knows, but they still like to keep it a secret.
The step increases are the yearly increases. You don't expect to get a step increase AND a 3% COLA do you? I believe the only raise not known is what happens to people that hit step 10 last year.

MAKAVELI

The step increases are the yearly increases. You don't expect to get a step increase AND a 3% COLA do you? I believe the only raise not known is what happens to people that hit step 10 last year.
They normally raise both starting and top pay. There's no reason They shouldn't adjust the steps up.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Still wonder why the poster decided that 10 year employees can skip a step. What does 10 years have to do with anything. No matter what a persons 401k or bank account account look like, you can't use wealth or lack of when you decide who does and doesn't get a raise.
Must be a Democrat.

vantexan

They normally raise both starting and top pay. There's no reason They shouldn't adjust the steps up.
They were raising them up annually at 3% for a number of years. 2% for midrange. Now someone starting new is going to see a larger raise the following year and thereafter. Why would they need to raise starting pay or top pay annually? It'll happen when necessary, not annually.

MAKAVELI

They were raising them up annually at 3% for a number of years. 2% for midrange. Now someone starting new is going to see a larger raise the following year and thereafter. Why would they need to raise starting pay or top pay annually? It'll happen when necessary, not annually.
True but why did they need to raise both in the past then?

vantexan

I mentioned this before. Sure, it could happen, but most likely what will happen is top out is topped out. It'll only be adjusted higher when absolutely necessary to keep people. To stay competitive for new employees. Now that they're giving more to midrange those at the top will have to settle for what they're getting. It is after all the best pay on the scale.

SmithBarney

I mentioned this before. Sure, it could happen, but most likely what will happen is top out is topped out. It'll only be adjusted higher when absolutely necessary to keep people. To stay competitive for new employees. Now that they're giving more to midrange those at the top will have to settle for what they're getting. It is after all the best pay on the scale.

So essentially the same situation as the past.... wait and see, since the policy is not in writing, the only thing in writing was last years chart, with the * that said as long as it's economically feasible.. most people missed that part of the frontline video.

MAKAVELI

I could be wrong but I think the charts were different from the " example " they put out the year prior to the step raises.

vantexan

True but why did they need to raise both in the past then?
Starting pay was to attract new hires. Raising top out looked to be appeasing experienced senior couriers to keep them from leaving. They needed to hold it all together while they built Ground. That was more important than making midrange employees happy. They were willing to churn through lower paid employees rather than pay everyone better. But turnover was becoming a make or break issue. Ground is capable now of maintaining it's own growth. Top pay is high enough now to give new hires something to work towards. Their priority is still profit and they are about as generous with the new plan as they're ever going to be. Expecting them to give that much to midrange employees to top them out in a halfway reasonable time and still raise starting and top pay annually is really wishful thinking. I might be wrong and hope I am. But there's no reason for them to print up a new pay chart because I'm certain it will be the same as last year's chart.

vantexan

I could be wrong but I think the charts were different from the " example " they put out the year prior to the step raises.
The year before they gave an example on two categories of what the pay plan "might" look like. Last year they put out the official pay chart.

vantexan

So essentially the same situation as the past.... wait and see, since the policy is not in writing, the only thing in writing was last years chart, with the * that said as long as it's economically feasible.. most people missed that part of the frontline video.
But that doesn't mean it'll all be taken away on a whim. Expect them to freeze pay if another serious recession hits. The ones on the lower rungs are the ones getting screwed if that happens.

vantexan

The difference was the adjustment for a bump in starting, steps and top pay.
They made adjustments to get everyone on a step. Everyone is on a step now. As I mentioned before there's no step 11. If you're topped out and think it's unfair try making fourteen something an hour and getting a 2% raise. If I was making over $26hr I could deal with it.

FedupinMo

I was recently in a pre-management course and this topic was brought up and my understanding, and the understandimg of the senior giving the course, was that you will step up plus whatever they decide cost of living increase to be. So if ur lvl 1 at 16.60 and s2 is 17.50, you will more than likely be in the 17.80 range this year.