10 step pay raises

fdxsux

My mgr said top and bottom are getting 3% but they haven't said yet if they are using last years steps or adjusted steps for everyone else.

KEVSTR

IMO the guestion is what the 3% is. If it's a COLA then it would apply to all. If it's just a raise I can see it being just step 10 as the difference between 9-10 is 4% vs the rest are 5.4%

fedex_rtd

My mgr said top and bottom are getting 3% but they haven't said yet if they are using last years steps or adjusted steps for everyone else.

If they do not also adjust the steps by 3% it will be a slap to the entry level employees that go from step 1 to step 2. What was a $1.05 step raise will become a $0.60 cent raise.

fedex_rtd

IMO the guestion is what the 3% is. If it's a COLA then it would apply to all. If it's just a raise I can see it being just step 10 as the difference between 9-10 is 4% vs the rest are 5.4%
Actually the jump from step 9 to 10 is a 7% raise this year, "if" step 9 employees get topped out, and top of range gets a 3%.

It's only fair if everyone from the bottom to top getting the same raise, along with a step increase, otherwise we will know that the company has lied/mislead to the hourly employees AGAIN.

Maui

Is this what management told you or do you have actual proof? Because it seems like people are getting a lot of different answers.

It's from Dave Cunningham. I'm sure Step 9 goes to step 10 with the 3%. I'm not sure about any movement for the bottom. Official pay schedule will be available atvkeyword comp in October.

Yomama11

As usual fedex throws a curve ball. We will know nothing until we get our paystubs or we get called into the office like last year to be informed how much were being screwed year after year.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
As usual fedex throws a curve ball. We will know nothing until we get our paystubs or we get called into the office like last year to be informed how much were being screwed year after year.

Curve? Look at the step progression chart and see where you are. Look at the next step. That's where you'll be after the raises take effect.

Yomama11

Curve? Look at the step progression chart and see where you are. Look at the next step. That's where you'll be after the raises take effect.
That is the case why so much confusion about this so called 3% increase that management announced. Who or what does it apply to? Step 10, all couriers, all employees who are not couriers. Email wasnt very specific.

59 Dano

That is the case why so much confusion about this so called 3% increase that management announced. Who or what does it apply to? Step 10, all couriers, all employees who are not couriers. Email wasnt very specific.

The company promised you, in writing, a raise of a little over 5%. It turns out that you might get even more. Tell me again what the problem is.

Maui

I think it's pretty clear. All employees get a raise. Handler, material handlers, and other hourly positions get 3%. Hourly step employees move to the next step. Step 10 increase is 3%---
if currently on Step 9, then you move to Step 10.

There is nothing to indicate that Step 1 (the bottom) is changing or increasing 3%.

Staff hourly and exempt can get varied raises, but looks like 3%.

MAKAVELI

I think it's pretty clear. All employees get a raise. Handler, material handlers, and other hourly positions get 3%. Hourly step employees move to the next step. Step 10 increase is 3%---
if currently on Step 9, then you move to Step 10.

There is nothing to indicate that Step 1 (the bottom) is changing or increasing 3%.

Staff hourly and exempt can get varied raises, but looks like 3%.
Nothing is clear at FEDEX.

MAKAVELI

It's from Dave Cunningham. I'm sure Step 9 goes to step 10 with the 3%. I'm not sure about any movement for the bottom. Official pay schedule will be available atvkeyword comp in October.
Just curious, how do you have access to someone that high up the chain?

Maui

It was sent to all US Ops. Managers can show it to anyone. They want it told. No kind of personal conversation. Sorry for any implication of that.

MAKAVELI

It was sent to all US Ops. Managers can show it to anyone. They want it told. No kind of personal conversation. Sorry for any implication of that.
Oh, no worries. It's just funny that we have so many different interpretations from that email. Haven't seen it personally.

BootsOnTarmac

I will wait until the FY17 step chart shows up on HR Online, historical and current pay actions and when it shows up on my paycheck.

Keep it simple. Until it shows up on my paycheck, all conversation about it is rumor, innuendo, or wild @ss guessing.

59 Dano

I will wait until the FY17 step chart shows up on HR Online, historical and current pay actions and when it shows up on my paycheck.

Keep it simple. Until it shows up on my paycheck, all conversation about it is rumor, innuendo, or wild @ss guessing.

Probably the best way to look at it.

Left to their own devices and given enough time, people will take small amounts of information and come to the most ridiculous conclusions that they can conjure up. This board is like my favorite NFL team's board. "X player didn't get many snaps at all today." The insanity begins with one guy saying that it's the coach losing confidence in him. Another guy says it's proof that he's so good that they plan on trading him and don't want him to get hurt. Another one says it proves that they shouldn't have drafted him/traded for him/offered him a FA deal. Another one says it's just proof that they're going to go in a different direction at that position.

After the game the coach is asked about it. "The other team benched their starter and Y player on our team was a better matchup than X would have been, so Y got most of the snaps."

Buhryein

Basically said handlers and such will get 3% top out will get 3%. Step progression will occur, chart will be available in October (funny that the info will be released when the raise goes into effect lol, obviously they already know what it is just don't want to share it)