10 step pay raises

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Here you go Fred. Lets make it easy for you.

Courier 1 is at step 9 NOW. He makes 25.31. He will jump to step 10, Step 10 presently makes 26.29. Step 10 is getting a 3% bump. He will go to 26.29 PLUS the 3% bump. He will now make 27.08.

Courier 2 is at step 10 NOW. He makes 26.29. He will get the same 3% bump and will now make 27.08. The same as courier 1.
I agree with your scenario because that is exactly what I said. Again, as reading comprehension fails you, as well as English syntax, I will explain. That's NOT what the poster who I responded to said. That's why I disagreed with them.
I'm sure your mother would be PROUD to read your response to Operational Needs. That is, IF you had a mother.

Oldfart

I agree with your scenario because that is exactly what I said. Again, as reading comprehension fails you, as well as English syntax, I will explain. That's NOT what the poster who I responded to said. That's why I disagreed with them.
I'm sure your mother would be PROUD to read your response to Operational Needs. That is, IF you had a mother.
It was you that mentioned a new step 11 so apparently you are not sure how the process works.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Isn't this your post?
Yes, feeble-minded. If those already in Step 10 get a raise, and those who are moving up from Step 9 don't get the cumulative amount (as was proposed by the person I responded to), then you end up with a 2-tiered Step 10. There is no effective difference between a 2-tiered Step 10 and having a Step 10 and a Step 11.
Since I can't explain this rationalization to the irrational, I will retire from this argument.

Oldfart

Many in this district.

So you contact each person in your district who gets terminated and find out all the details of their termination and you have determined many were fired ONLY because they made a few dollars more than the next guy?

That is very impressive detective work.

You ever wonder if the employee left out a few details about the termination?

Buhryein

the way it was explained it to us is if you're in step ten you are topped out, everyone in step ten would be making the same amount.

Serf

You know what? It's not going to be enough at any step. Financial discipline and sacrifices will still have to be adheared to and made. Medical will still increase. Your goal is to persist.

Oldfart

You know what? It's not going to be enough at any step. Financial discipline and sacrifices will still have to be adheared to and made. Medical will still increase. Your goal is to persist.
I am getting roughly 1.90 hr increase. My medical is going up $15 PER MONTH. I will take a $4000.00 a year raise and pay $180 a year more in insurance any day.

Artee

I am getting roughly 1.90 hr increase. My medical is going up $15 PER MONTH. I will take a $4000.00 a year raise and pay $180 a year more in insurance any day.
Wow....I want to work at your station. If you are topped out and getting the 3% you are making like $63.00 an hour to get a $1.90 raise.

Oldfart

Wow....I want to work at your station. If you are topped out and getting the 3% you are making like $63.00 an hour to get a $1.90 raise.
Let me rephrase. I was topped out for 40 years but when they went to the 10 step plan, I went to 9 instead of 10 because of market level. Seems strange to be topped out for all that time and not be with the new pay scale. I never saw an actual chart until someone posted it on here but I am going from step 9 to step 10 after 10 gets 3%.

Either way. Anyone that believes a $15 a month insurance increase will eat away their step raise or their 3% raise need to break out a calculator.

Schweddy

Balls
Let me rephrase. I was topped out for 40 years but when they went to the 10 step plan, I went to 9 instead of 10 because of market level. Seems strange to be topped out for all that time and not be with the new pay scale. I never saw an actual chart until someone posted it on here but I am going from step 9 to step 10 after 10 gets 3%.

Either way. Anyone that believes a $15 a month insurance increase will eat away their step raise or their 3% raise need to break out a calculator.

Dunno if you misplaced your reading binocs or if you need to learn to read, but Artee never said anything about the medical increase.

Maybe you should get out your abacus and redo the math on that "roughly $1.90 raise"