$1000 Ft $500 PT bonus paid January 15 Express

It will be fine

Express employees should be happy making less than their competitors employees doing the same job! Why in the world would you want to deal with a union for 8 or 10 bucks more an hour when express is willing to give you $1000 bonus every 10 years or so.
Express drivers are doing the same job as UPS? They are about as equivalent as a pizza guy is to UPS.

Buhryein

The raises were changed to Oct. and then that 1 raise was moved up and people bitched because the next raise was given on the regular date. Get your facts correct. You made more money than you expected for 6 months and people were not happy. Now you bitch about something that happened almost 3 years ago. Do you still bitch about your 1st girlfriend dumping you years ago? Time to move on.
Get your facts correct our raises are % based so what you miss you never get back. When they changed the raises from March till October when did we make up that?

Maybe math is beyond you but yeah that early raise is the same as this one time bonus it is not the same as the step you were up for. Fedex saves a ton by doing this and saves face for the public view.

I didn't bitch about it I stated a fact..

Sounds like YOU need to move on, you're retired and yet for how long will you continue to come in here to be an apologist?

!Retired!

Express employees should be happy making less than their competitors employees doing the same job! Why in the world would you want to deal with a union for 8 or 10 bucks more an hour when express is willing to give you $1000 bonus every 10 years or so.
You think we do the same job? Go work for them and tell us that works out for you.
Why isn’t anyone going to UPS?
Nobody here will because they know how easy they have it compared to UPS.

zeev

RTD s are going to UPS like crazy our Senior actually had a meeting with low seniority drivers to stay offering to make them all full time. As for couriers in two years you would make twice as much with benefits probably three times as much. By the way Express small package is being phased out it’s called LMO.

MassWineGuy

RTD s are going to UPS like crazy our Senior actually had a meeting with low seniority drivers to stay offering to make them all full time. As for couriers in two years you would make twice as much with benefits probably three times as much. By the way Express small package is being phased out it’s called LMO.

What are RTD and LMO?

MassWineGuy

One manager told me that Ground will get all the business and resi P2s and Express keeps the P1s. I eagerly await.

The Ground person at a FedEx Office stop I have sometimes takes 2 1/2 hours to load everything. I know how thrilled they will be when that volume starts doubling.

Aquaman

They could give me $5,000 and I’d still rather have the step raise... The damage to my 401K is irreversible. Every year I move no closer to top out is thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars I lose in potential growth. That’s worth a whole lot more than $1,000. Not to mention they’ll use this as a reason to be happy next October.

vantexan

Since you rated my response 'creative', I challenge you to define, other than their workload, exactly what UPS drivers do that neither Express OR Ground drivers do. (Except cash bigger paychecks)
Worked as a UPS driver helper in 2018. Imagine their longest stepvan stuffed with boxes. They have a system for organizing but comes a point loaders can't put them all in the same place. Much more condensed area but constant in and out of truck. Can imagine the toll on knees over time. Of course rest of year easier but with only one, not two people. Constant motion but not nearly as much driving as FedEx. It's about the workload. It's doable, just the long-term wear and tear. I've done very heavy rts for FedEx. In my experience stations have a few rts that way, most are considerably easier, and some are ridiculously easy.

fdxsux

They could give me $5,000 and I’d still rather have the step raise... The damage to my 401K is irreversible. Every year I move no closer to top out is thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars I lose in potential growth. That’s worth a whole lot more than $1,000. Not to mention they’ll use this as a reason to be happy next October.
I get the the idea of compounding interest, but every year of no raise is costing you hundreds of thousands? Come on now.

falcon back

Exaggerate much? 5 to 7k a year in lost salary is gonna cost you hundreds of thousands of $. You you plan on working 40 more years? Why not just increase your contribution and skip Starbucks or brown bag a lunch every now and then.