$1000 Ft $500 PT bonus paid January 15 Express

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Worked as a UPS driver helper in 2018. Imagine their longest stepvan stuffed with boxes. They have a system for organizing but comes a point loaders can't put them all in the same place. Much more condensed area but constant in and out of truck. Can imagine the toll on knees over time. Of course rest of year easier but with only one, not two people. Constant motion but not nearly as much driving as FedEx. It's about the workload. It's doable, just the long-term wear and tear. I've done very heavy rts for FedEx. In my experience stations have a few rts that way, most are considerably easier, and some are ridiculously easy.
Thank you for your testimony that, other than the workload, the job is the same.

Aquaman

I get the the idea of compounding interest, but every year of no raise is costing you hundreds of thousands? Come on now.
I’ve been at the company 13 years. Let’s say it takes me another 10 years to top out. Considering I should already be topped out. Let’s say that costs me $50,000 in cash contributions. Cuz yes making more means saving more. Now imagine how that $50,000 would grow in the 20+ years I have left... yes we’re talking at least $100,000 difference come retirement.

fdxsux

Yo
I’ve been at the company 13 years. Let’s say it takes me another 10 years to top out. Considering I should already be topped out. Let’s say that costs me $50,000 in cash contributions. Cuz yes making more means saving more. Now imagine how that $50,000 would grow in the 20+ years I have left... yes we’re talking at least $100,000 difference come retirement.
You’d be getting one hell of a raise if not getting said raise costs you 5,000 a year in 401k contributions.

vantexan

I get the the idea of compounding interest, but every year of no raise is costing you hundreds of thousands? Come on now.
I got rehired in 1998, quit in 2013. Came back in 2014, retired 2017. For this example let's look at the first rehire. Top out was making $5.25 more than me. On a 40 hour week that's $210 more. Almost $11k more annually. Doesn't count difference in OT. Doesn't count bigger matching contributions to 401k. Doesn't count bigger contributions to Portable Pension Plan or Traditional Pension. Doesn't count bigger bonuses or MAP payouts. Doesn't count bigger future raises. All in all in that 14 years total compensation for topped out employees at least $200k more, possibly $300k. If an industrious courier saved $100k in his 401k in just those 14 years his return on investment probably tripled his 401k at least. Not hard to do if topped out. Very difficult for midrange employees living paycheck to paycheck.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
It’s kind of like when Trump passed that huge tax cut for corporations and FedEx gave us a raise 6 months early and then just made us wait 18 months to get the next one.
I never understood that complaint. You got an extra 6 months of higher pay.

Aquaman

I got rehired in 1998, quit in 2013. Came back in 2014, retired 2017. For this example let's look at the first rehire. Top out was making $5.25 more than me. On a 40 hour week that's $210 more. Almost $11k more annually. Doesn't count difference in OT. Doesn't count bigger matching contributions to 401k. Doesn't count bigger contributions to Portable Pension Plan or Traditional Pension. Doesn't count bigger bonuses or MAP payouts. Doesn't count bigger future raises. All in all in that 14 years total compensation for topped out employees at least $200k more, possibly $300k. If an industrious courier saved $100k in his 401k in just those 14 years his return on investment probably tripled his 401k at least. Not hard to do if topped out. Very difficult for midrange employees living paycheck to paycheck.
Exactly. A lot of people don’t fully understand the 401K damage that not making what you should make causes. If I topped out in 10 years and worked here 30. That’s 20 years of top out contributions. If it takes me 25 years to top out, I get 5 years of top out contributions. It’s hundreds of thousands of dollars people.

doodlebug

I remember:

BPP and IPP bonuses when we still had performance reviews. You could easily net $1000 to $3000 or more.
After losing every incentive we had left, including pay for crazy AM hours, it was time to go.

The scheduled raises was a joke too.
Told them the 10 step program, could take 20 years. I was right.

I advised all newbies, get the free training and go elsewhere. You won't make money here to retire on m, especially after they ended the traditional/portable pension.