2023 contract

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Make the whole company do one single bi-annual bid
E41E8A86-E2D4-45C6-9D82-6F862450ECEF.gif

evilleace

How about if they do it this way instead.
The first hour overtime is paid a time and a half, the second hour of overtime is paid a double time and anything over that is paid a triple time.
That might bring a dispatch down a little bit
I feel like this would just encourage the guys who milk the clock to do so even more.

It makes sense in a way. I'm one of the guys who just wants to get home and dispatch in my building although heavy right now is still doable so I have a hard time working over 9.5
The only thing this company understands is a money penalty
So if you go over 9 hours and start paying double time or if you over 10 hours and pay triple time it may be worth their while to make sure you stay under those hours

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
It makes sense in a way. I'm one of the guys who just wants to get home and dispatch in my building although heavy right now is still doable so I have a hard time working over 9.5
Everyone wants to get home. How long do you think that dispatch is gonna be doable?

evilleace

Everyone wants to get home. How long do you think that dispatch is gonna be doable?

When it changes I'll let you know. I'm in no way a runner. I have 1 speed. Dispatch is decent it gets done under 9. You screw me I'm out later it's pretty simple.

The triple time over 10 isn't a bad idea, I just know we have people in my building that would abuse it and milk the clock. Which would put them on managements radar and that might not be a bad thing honestly.

yadadamean116

I’m in feeders. Ask any financial expert and they take a match any day. If you like to keep getting bailed out because of mismanaged funds then keep worshipping your pension. The match is immediately in my name and 100% survives if I die.

yadadamean116

Here we go. The normal I don’t know how to respond with knowledge so I try to be funny. You probably buy bonds and stash cash under your mattress like my grandpa

Thebrownblob

Here we go. The normal I don’t know how to respond with knowledge so I try to be funny. You probably buy bonds and stash cash under your mattress like my grandpa
Yes there’s no knowledge in that at all🙄.The point is there’s risk in everything, just because it’s good for you does not mean it’s good for all of us or for everyone we work with that’s why we are a union.

yadadamean116

So you don’t think we should have an option? Or do you like to be strapped in for 30 years to get your full pension that has already gone belly up. People need to start being financially literate. That’s when you get burned

Thebrownblob

Yes there’s no knowledge in that at all.
Yes there’s no knowledge in that at all.
So you don’t think we should have an option? Or do you like to be strapped in for 30 years to get your full pension that has already gone belly up. People need to start being financially literate. That’s when you get burned
Well for one I’m not financially strapped in, some people might be. I have maxed my 401(k) out for many years and will continue to do so until I retire. Having a pension is just another way to have some guaranteed income when you’re retired. I do not think it should be the only thing you have, but unfortunately some of the people we work with do. Ask around and see how many people you work with even understand how to fund their 401(k) or even a Roth IRA. When you became a teamster you did it because the pay was good and the benefits were great now you you want to rearrange them for everyone else because it suits you. You need to learn what being a union member means. you make plenty of money quit complaining and max your 401(k) out yourself.

yadadamean116

I max Roth and 401k man. I’d rather throw more in investments after they match. You said guaranteed pension lol. I agree most aren’t funding their 401 because they see the pension as their savior.