2023 contract

Thebrownblob

I max Roth and 401k man. I’d rather throw more in investments after they match. You said guaranteed pension lol. I agree most aren’t funding their 401 because they see the pension as their savior.
Most don’t properly fund their 401(k) because they do not understand it. There’s no investment vehicle that is guaranteed. Ask the people who were retiring in 2008 and had to keep working because there 401K‘s were decimated. Keep doing what you’re doing you will be fine you’ll retire with plenty. You are well diversified here.

yadadamean116

2 months ago we had a 45 year driver pass from covid. He used to talk about 5 more years for the extra whatever amount for his pension. He got 0 his family got 0. A match would’ve been a huge sum of money to provide for his children and grandchildren. UPS wins

Thebrownblob

2 months ago we had a 45 year driver pass from covid. He used to talk about 5 more years for the extra whatever amount for his pension. He got 0 his family got 0. A match would’ve been a huge sum of money to provide for his children and grandchildren. UPS wins
Condolences to the fallen brother. But if his family was left with zero he did not plan well. Term life insurance is extremely cheap.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

He had a automatic term insurance through work, generally it is one years salary. His vested time in the pension plan does pay for his spouse and children, but it is reduced in half, I do not know if his widow can start collecting now or has to wait till age 65? It cannot be taken away even when you pass.

Also his social security benefits kicks in...

Coldworld

Have to be 55 in our fund to get full pension (and have thirty years). So a lot of people end up with over thirty due to that. Get whacked pretty good if you leave early. Just my two cents.
He had a automatic term insurance through work, generally it is one years salary. His vested time in the pension plan does pay for his spouse and children, but it is reduced in half, I do not know if his widow can start collecting now or has to wait till age 65? It cannot be taken away even when you pass.

Also his social security benefits kicks in...
It’s nice having the “lock in” language like we have out in the west…

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
It’s nice having the “lock in” language like we have out in the west…

It would be nice if our members in (the central/southern) had the same pension benefits as the West. For those in the West remember to vote the Master down next time if it contains duplicate language concerning the Central and Southern’s pension trusts if no major improvements are shown. The past administration put that duplicate language in the Master so we in the Central cannot vote again for more improvements if the Master passes. Very slick of them wasn’t it, it is a shame how they used their own/our attorneys against certain people groups and conferences for political gain.

They forgot about the concept on why they were created in the first place...now we have such a huge disparity in pension and health and welfare benefits according to where you live. The haves are not willing to fight for the have nots...the very definition of an (Anti-Union) or (Mob Rule). At every negotiating meeting the Company sees that these negotiating committees are more than willing to leave certain members behind... enjoying every minute of it and exploiting their hypocrisy.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
It would be nice if our members in (the central/southern) had the same pension benefits as the West. For those in the West remember to vote the Master down next time if it contains duplicate language concerning the Central and Southern’s pension trusts if no improvements are shown. The past administration put that duplicate language in the Master so we in the Central cannot vote again for more improvements if the Master passes. Very slick of them wasn’t it, it is a shame how they used their own/our attorneys against certain people groups and conferences for political gain.

They forgot about the concept on why they were created in the first place...now we have such a huge disparity in pension and health and welfare benefits according to where you live. They haves are not willing to fight for the have nots...the very definition of an (Anti-Union) or (Mob Rule). At every negotiating meeting the Company sees that these negotiating committees are more than willing to leave members behind enjoying every minute of it and exploiting their hypocrisy.
Some members are more equal than others.

Coldworld

News flash ...NYC Amazon warehouse workers just formed a Union...👍
Oh damn this is huge…looks like the Alabama location was 150 votes away but they had like 400 ballots contested… so 🤞your fingers. I don’t know why they aren’t focusing on union friendly states first… then it might be easier to deal with the rest.

FROMWESTTOEAST

I know 1st hand the horrible difference between the Western and Southern supplements. How the hell does the poor working man in the South get so screwed? No paid breaks? No free legal service? Overtime calculation is worse too.