2023 contract

K20A

For starters --

1. Significantly better pay for PTers (for those who don't know, I'm an RPCD).
2. Strong language against forced 6 punches and 9.5 violations -- whether directly or indirectly, e.g., as others have suggested, via pension payments for all hours worked, rather than the first 40, to discourage excessive OT.
3. Ban on all driver-facing data collection, whether cameras, motion sensors, etc.
4. Beef up Art 37 language re: harassment and intimidation, especially w respect to injury reporting.
100%

I would add, significantly increase 22.3 jobs for PT. Not everyone can be a driver. Since 22.4 and 22.3 have been lumped together 22.3 has disappeared.

For 9.5 reduce the filing threshold from 3 days to 2.

Eliminate 22.4. All drivers should be RPCD.

Strong language against the company using members phone’s for company business. All communication should be on the diad or company provided cell phones. And all communication should be recorded. No more calling members to void missed sheets, and scan as future. Also strong language against calling members when they’re off. If your off you’re off. Unless the member has signed up for extra work do not call.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
100%

I would add, significantly increase 22.3 jobs for PT. Not everyone can be a driver. Since 22.4 and 22.3 have been lumped together 22.3 has disappeared.

For 9.5 reduce the filing threshold from 3 days to 2.

Eliminate 22.4. All drivers should be RPCD.

Strong language against the company using members phone’s for company business. All communication should be on the diad or company provided cell phones. And all communication should be recorded. No more calling members to void missed sheets, and scan as future. Also strong language against calling members when they’re off. If your off you’re off. Unless the member has signed up for extra work do not call.
Who forces you to use your personal phone?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
No more calling members to void missed sheets, and scan as future. Also strong language against calling members when they’re off. If your off you’re off. Unless the member has signed up for extra work do not call.
You don’t need contract language for any of this
Quit being a pusillanimous and don’t answer your phone
It really is that simple

Thebrownblob

Ours does- literally. Plays in a band. Has time for "gigs" but can't bother to ever show up at the building. Not saying they all conduct themselves like ours does.
Have you called his boss which is your union president or secretary treasurer? eventually you get to vote whether or not these people stay in office.A Business agent never is off the clock, rarely hears he did a good job, gets to stay in mediocre Hotels to attend conventions and hearings, eat at restaurants which generally have crappy food, most of them end up with high blood pressure and other ailments because of the stress, all for the pleasure of making around the same amount of money that we make. It’s not a complaint, they chose it. I’m just saying it’s not what some people think it is. When most drivers get off work and punch out they don’t think about UPS until the next day.

Last edited:

K20A

Who forces you to use your personal phone?
Drivers in my center all seem to be cool with it. When we help each other we always coordinate through the phone. I never answer the phone anymore when it’s a supervisor. I used to when I was a rookie. But I do hear it whenever I’m in the office, phone call after phone call to and from the sup.