2023 contract

rod

Retired 23 years
I had one like that, if you had a beef his standard answer was “ you’re lucky you got a job”

Well at least he acknowledged you were there. The standard response I got was nothing-zilch-then they would turn around and walk away. :-) I guess it was because I was so likable.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Questions is do they get a pension and healthcare care?
Oh i have no doubts whatsoever the compensation is nowhere near UPS but seeing as there is a Labor Shortage and Walmart is paying this for Off the Street hires it is,IMO leverage to squeeze the company. The Company will be coming after the Rank and File HARD, this is something to take the wind out of their sails

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
We need you to come back for Peak....
6929400B-6865-447D-8599-9AC846428879.gif

AKCoverMan

Most don’t properly fund their 401(k) because they do not understand it. There’s no investment vehicle that is guaranteed. Ask the people who were retiring in 2008 and had to keep working because there 401K‘s were decimated. Keep doing what you’re doing you will be fine you’ll retire with plenty. You are well diversified here.
Yes.. a maxed out Roth 401k plus a maxed out Roth IRA plus pension plus social security… even if one fails or benefits get reduced still got the other sources in retirement. For one more pillar in the retirement foundation we hope to own a four plex that will generate some positive cash flow as well.

But the other perceived “benifit” of a pension is the money is never in the members hands until benefits are paid in retirement, The thought is that if pension contributions were just paid to us….we would not invest them for retirement we would spend it all on beer!

it would be interesting to take the dollar amounts contributed to pension and socisl security over the years and calculate what it would be worth if invested in say..an S&P500 index fund and just left there whole working life time…but seriously how many people would?