2023 contract

Have you called his boss which is your union president or secretary treasurer? eventually you get to vote whether or not these people stay in office.A Business agent never is off the clock, rarely hears he did a good job, gets to stay in mediocre Hotels to attend conventions and hearings, eat at restaurants which generally have crappy food, most of them end up with high blood pressure and other ailments because of the stress, all for the pleasure of making around the same amount of money that we make. It’s not a complaint, they chose it. I’m just saying it’s not what some people think it is. When most drivers get off work and punch out they don’t think about UPS until the next day.
He is the president. I'm sure he has blood pressure issues judging by the size of him. As I said- I'm sure good business agents exist- just not in this neck of the woods. You can't find him with a search warrant- well, you can if you drive by his house. That's where he spends most of his time.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
That's fine having a life outside of work if you are actually working once in a while. As I said to blob, I'm sure not all BAs are like this guy. But you can believe what you want. He's a useless turd.
I had one like that, if you had a beef his standard answer was “ you’re lucky you got a job”

Commercial Inside Release

Its good, to have management try to use our phones to contact us. If there was "strong language" about contacting us on our phones, they would make us leave them in our personal vehicles.

Gotta throw them a bone once in a while and answer the phone, so you protect your ability to carry it on car. But, there are things you can do to make contacting you as painful as possible. Act like you can't hear them, repeat something completely opposite to what they were saying and hang up. Later, when they text you act like you don't understand, then start playing text tag with them, arguing that's the exact opposite of what they just told you to do.

Rinse, repeat.

Thebrownblob

That's fine having a life outside of work if you are actually working once in a while. As I said to blob, I'm sure not all BAs are like this guy. But you can believe what you want. He's a useless turd.
Thank God he’s not a blob, us blobs would be offended. And if this is the case vote his ass out. You deserve better.

Coldworld

Serious question - Has UPS ever offered a footwear stipend? That's be icing. $150 a year towards work footwear.
They took a 10 dollar turkey away…. You really think they are going to pay for footwear?? And yes at one time my location they would help pay for boots…help.

vvv

Its good, to have management try to use our phones to contact us. If there was "strong language" about contacting us on our phones, they would make us leave them in our personal vehicles.

Gotta throw them a bone once in a while and answer the phone, so you protect your ability to carry it on car. But, there are things you can do to make contacting you as painful as possible. Act like you can't hear them, repeat something completely opposite to what they were saying and hang up. Later, when they text you act like you don't understand, then start playing text tag with them, arguing that's the exact opposite of what they just told you to do.

Rinse, repeat.
C'mon dude, they couldn't make you leave your cell in your car with a job like ours in which you are not in an office or home with no ability to contact someone or be contacted should something like a family emergency arise.

This isn't the 1950's. What am I gonna send a pigeon with a note? :)

Johney

Pineapple King
C'mon dude, they couldn't make you leave your cell in your car with a job like ours in which you are not in an office or home with no ability to contact someone or be contacted should something like a family emergency arise.

This isn't the 1950's. What am I gonna send a pigeon with a note? :)
Gee whatever did we do before cell phones.