2023 contract

AKCoverMan

Its good, to have management try to use our phones to contact us. If there was "strong language" about contacting us on our phones, they would make us leave them in our personal vehicles.
As a shop steward working out of building 50 miles from where my management team is… being able to pick up my phone and call center manager on an issue is important to me. Also, I drive a rural route...unlike a heavy city route sometimes it’s more than worth it for me to call my customers.. just yesterdsy had two irregulars for one of my regulars (see what I did there?🤣) who has a gate.. he had it open for me so I could drive up and deliver to his shop. Easy for him easy for me! I’m old, I like easy.

My cell plans are all basically unlimited believe me I would not be spending one penny of my own money on UPS.

Plus as you so accurately point out… I can totally be “out of range” if I don’t want to chat…

AKCoverMan

Very true but I would say many “financial experts” are Ponzi scheme experts as well. It’s a fine line and the people in Control change the rules to decide what’s a scheme and what is legal.
Ask your “financial expert” if they are serving you as a “fiduciary“. If they can’t say “yes” or if they give a long winded politician style answer….run away.

Thebrownblob

Yes.. a maxed out Roth 401k plus a maxed out Roth IRA plus pension plus social security… even if one fails or benefits get reduced still got the other sources in retirement. For one more pillar in the retirement foundation we hope to own a four plex that will generate some positive cash flow as well.

But the other perceived “benifit” of a pension is the money is never in the members hands until benefits are paid in retirement, The thought is that if pension contributions were just paid to us….we would not invest them for retirement we would spend it all on beer!

it would be interesting to take the dollar amounts contributed to pension and socisl security over the years and calculate what it would be worth if invested in say..an S&P500 index fund and just left there whole working life time…but seriously how many people would?
I’m certain many of us could do quite well but not all of us would and that is the whole point of us being in a union. Unfortunately I know guys and gals who save next to nothing. Many of them have next to nothing in there 401(k)s, simply because to them it’s a hassle and they don’t understand what to put it in. I have no complaints on the current trajectory of my retirement savings and pension. I’m quite comfortable knowing many of the people I work with Will not be left penniless. It’s not all about me me me. It’s supposed to be about us.

AKCoverMan

I’m certain many of us could do quite well but not all of us would and that is the whole point of us being in a union. Unfortunately I know guys and gals who save next to nothing. Many of them have next to nothing in there 401(k)s, simply because to them it’s a hassle and they don’t understand what to put it in. I have no complaints on the current trajectory of my retirement savings and pension. I’m quite comfortable knowing many of the people I work with Will not be left penniless. It’s not all about me me me. It’s supposed to be about us.
I mean when you see members hit top rate and suddenly have a huge new 4x4 pickup with a payment bigger than a mortgage…yikes!

Agree, I’m happy we have both our own retirement savings plans even unmatched since we have the pension to go along with it. For some the pension will be all they have.

born2Bwild

More chiropractic benefit. $1000 annually is nothing for the kind of work we do. I’d like us to have up to $2500 in chiropractic and massage therapy

ManInBrown

NO SCAB ASS PVDs!!!
And no feeder coyotes except for a few weeks in December. Every single year in the 177 it seems coyotes start earlier, and stick around later. I go to WILPA they’re on property year round. It’s sickening. They must have the weakest local.