2023 contract

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
22.4 same pay as as RPCD,
22.4 gains option to bid routes during week or on saturdays atleast
Get rid of PT cover driver.
What's the beef with cover drivers? Are you saying just put someone thru their packet and make them full time? There's centers out there (ours included) that only do local NDA on Saturday so we don't have 22.4. Cover drivers are useful during summer vacations and peak.

specter208

What's the beef with cover drivers? Are you saying just put someone thru their packet and make them full time? There's centers out there (ours included) that only do local NDA on Saturday so we don't have 22.4. Cover drivers are useful during summer vacations and peak.
Maybe you can suggest something better because PT CD, 22.4 and RPCD are doing the same job but paid different. Starting wage for PT cover driver is $26 and change but you get red circled when going to 22.4. There is bottom of the list drivers with 1 year PT cover driving experience getting paid the same or more than guys that went straight to 22.4 a few years ago. 22.4 is all that was offered at the time. I’m talking about guys who waited 5-6 years as PT preload or LS, went 22.4 FT 2-3 years ago. The latest batch of drivers from last year to now are offered PT CD first with higher starting wage which is more than a 3 year 22.4 and keep that wage when going to FT 22.4 a few months later. On top of that, when 22.4s get “layed off” there is a mix of middle of the list employees with higher seniority and bottom of the list 22.4s getting paid significantly more.

Insult to injury is FT 22.4 in my building atleast is that we are not allowed to bid routes, even on saturdays which is supposed to be our day to shine, lol. Also, PT offered to work Monday first and almost always work on Saturday too.

Last edited:

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
PT Cover driver was introduced in 1992. Like the 2018 contract it was forced on us with the 2/3 rule and PT cover driving sadly wont be going away

542thruNthru

I'm hearing that the company actually wants to do away with cover driver's.

I would be happy to see them go but I'm torn. This language in the Cover Driver section is protection against centers understaffing by not promoting more FT RPCDs and staying up with the ratios.
Screenshot_20220411-082511_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Our ratio is at 30% I'm told. So if a center has 100 routes they have to have 30 utility driver's.

opie

With a recession looking more and more likely. How will this affect contract negotiations? If we are negotiating during a recession, you figure the company would have the upper hand?

With a recession looking more and more likely. How will this affect contract negotiations? If we are negotiating during a recession, you figure the company would have the upper hand?
They'll find a way to hide profits next year