2023 contract

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I do not jest and don't call me Surely. If full time drives want to keep 40 buck an hour little to nothing left for part time or 22.4.

O’Brien has already stated that he wants these two tier (22.4) positions eliminated and morphed into the RPCD pay scales. Seniority Part timers will get the same GWI’s as the full timers plus any COLA increases.

In today’s economy 40 bucks an hour is now considered middle class wages. The average RN makes over 40 an hour, my son worked at a high end restaurant and cleared 300 a night just in tips. Some fast food places are now starting out at 20 an hour.

Plenty of money out there, have you seen the profit margins every quarter since the pandemic, UPS stock has doubled over the last contract talks. Don’t fall for expected “we can not afford it” claims coming with our future negotiations next year...Same olde song and dance show...🎼🎵🎶

O’Brien has already stated that he wants these two tier (22.4) positions eliminated and morphed into the RPCD pay scales. Seniority Part timers will get the same GWI’s as the full timers plus any COLA increases.

In today’s economy 40 bucks an hour is now considered middle class wages. The average RN makes over 40 an hour, my son worked at a high end restaurant and cleared 300 a night just in tips. Some fast food places are now starting out at 20 an hour.

Plenty of money out there, have you seen the profit margins every quarter since the pandemic, UPS stock has doubled over the last contract talks. Don’t fall for expected “we can not afford it” claims coming with our future negotiations next year...Same olde song and dance show...🎼🎵🎶
Well shareholders are sure making out
I just want to fair a contract

Hotlettuce

You want me to tell you what I want, what I really, really want?

I want better PT raises.
I want a more reasonable vacation accrual table.
22.4 should be eliminated and dovetailed into RPCD.

PTers who had ~5 years seniority at the last contract renewal got stiffed on wages. Many now make a pittance more than someone freshly hired. $15/hr is effectively the new minimum wage and to pretend it’s anything but in an economy so fraught is utterly delusional. Gone are the days warehouse work seemed appealing for its ability to provide for families. Would like to see new-hires be jumped to $18/hr starting and anyone who’d obtained seniority between 5-10 years ago make ~$23-$25/hr with those maintaining greater seniority finding their way into the late 20s and early 30s per hour ballpark. This would really once again distinguish UPS from the competition for prospective employees and lead to better performance outcomes internally.

As vacations go, it’s nothing short of bogus that between year 1 and year 2 tenured in the company, your vacation time doubles to 2 weeks but then just languishes at 2 weeks vacation time from year 2 until year 10. Your three week vacay earn date ought to occur at year 5 of employment with additional weeks accruing every 5 years of employment following that.

Anything I could remark about on 22.4s would be regurgitation ad nauseam around these parts.