2023 contract

yadadamean116

You want me to tell you what I want, what I really, really want?

I want better PT raises.
I want a more reasonable vacation accrual table.
22.4 should be eliminated and dovetailed into RPCD.

PTers who had ~5 years seniority at the last contract renewal got stiffed on wages. Many now make a pittance more than someone freshly hired. $15/hr is effectively the new minimum wage and to pretend it’s anything but in an economy so fraught is utterly delusional. Gone are the days warehouse work seemed appealing for its ability to provide for families. Would like to see new-hires be jumped to $18/hr starting and anyone who’d obtained seniority between 5-10 years ago make ~$23-$25/hr with those maintaining greater seniority finding their way into the late 20s and early 30s per hour ballpark. This would really once again distinguish UPS from the competition for prospective employees and lead to better performance outcomes internally.

As vacations go, it’s nothing short of bogus that between year 1 and year 2 tenured in the company, your vacation time doubles to 2 weeks but then just languishes at 2 weeks vacation time from year 2 until year 10. Your three week vacay earn date ought to occur at year 5 of employment with additional weeks accruing every 5 years of employment following that.

Anything I could remark about on 22.4s would be regurgitation ad nauseam around these parts.
Part timers can suck it. Robots will do all their jobs soon

boxerdan

You want me to tell you what I want, what I really, really want?

I want better PT raises.
I want a more reasonable vacation accrual table.
22.4 should be eliminated and dovetailed into RPCD.

PTers who had ~5 years seniority at the last contract renewal got stiffed on wages. Many now make a pittance more than someone freshly hired. $15/hr is effectively the new minimum wage and to pretend it’s anything but in an economy so fraught is utterly delusional. Gone are the days warehouse work seemed appealing for its ability to provide for families. Would like to see new-hires be jumped to $18/hr starting and anyone who’d obtained seniority between 5-10 years ago make ~$23-$25/hr with those maintaining greater seniority finding their way into the late 20s and early 30s per hour ballpark. This would really once again distinguish UPS from the competition for prospective employees and lead to better performance outcomes internally.

As vacations go, it’s nothing short of bogus that between year 1 and year 2 tenured in the company, your vacation time doubles to 2 weeks but then just languishes at 2 weeks vacation time from year 2 until year 10. Your three week vacay earn date ought to occur at year 5 of employment with additional weeks accruing every 5 years of employment following that.

Anything I could remark about on 22.4s would be regurgitation ad nauseam around these parts.
I don't think it will happen but I'd like to see a progression for inside PTers. You could just take the existing 22.3 or 22.4 pay scale and knock a couple bucks off it at every stage: start at $18, $18.75 at 12 months, $20.25 at 24, and then eventually a top rate ($25?, $26?, $28?) plus GWI.

I know some areas have already have sick leave, but I feel like codifying 5 sick days or something in the master would be a way to get that additional time off, even if its different than a third week at 5 years. UPS was obviously willing to give us 2 paid weeks off as long as we were sick with covid, but frankly its ridiculous that if you are sick with anything else its not only unpaid, but counts against your attendance.

Box Ox

Don’t be a negative Nancy

They're going through a rough time right now.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
They're going through a rough time right now.

A lot of times these guys that complain aren’t even active. So I take it with a grain of salt. Weak locals exist for sure though. Not denying that.

TheWeasel

I don't think it will happen but I'd like to see a progression for inside PTers. You could just take the existing 22.3 or 22.4 pay scale and knock a couple bucks off it at every stage: start at $18, $18.75 at 12 months, $20.25 at 24, and then eventually a top rate ($25?, $26?, $28?) plus GWI.
That would be great.

I just want whatever wage increase decided on for PTers to actually be given when the contract is ratified. The company/union boasted that they got PTer's $15/hr starting. No! It was $13/hr that rose to $15 over five :censored2: years, but after inflation new hires have no more purchasing power now than they did back in 2018. And it really screwed over anyone hired after the cutoff date by disqualifying them from the GWI. Someone hired in 2018 peak should be at $17.03/hr this coming August, but will be earning $1.5/hr less because they were stuck in the new hire "progression". Come 2023 if the Union negotiates $20 starting then, full stop, it needs to be $20. Not $17.50 rising to $20 over the course of the contract. $20, starting August 1st, and then GWI or whatever wage progression afterwards.

UPS has been paying plenty of centers $18.5-21/hr starting for the greater part of a year now and they've had record breaking profits. There is no excuse for them to not keep it at that level or higher going forward.

PT Car Washer

That would be great.

I just want whatever wage increase decided on for PTers to actually be given when the contract is ratified. The company/union boasted that they got PTer's $15/hr starting. No! It was $13/hr that rose to $15 over five :censored2: years, but after inflation new hires have no more purchasing power now than they did back in 2018. And it really screwed over anyone hired after the cutoff date by disqualifying them from the GWI. Someone hired in 2018 peak should be at $17.03/hr this coming August, but will be earning $1.5/hr less because they were stuck in the new hire "progression". Come 2023 if the Union negotiates $20 starting then, full stop, it needs to be $20. Not $17.50 rising to $20 over the course of the contract. $20, starting August 1st, and then GWI or whatever wage progression afterwards.

UPS has been paying plenty of centers $18.5-21/hr starting for the greater part of a year now and they've had record breaking profits. There is no excuse for them to not keep it at that level or higher going forward.
Very surprised when I hear of PT Union members with 12 years seniority only making $18/hr.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
1650568216236.png