25 years ago we was on strike

Thebrownblob

We had public sentiment back then and limited competition. Also tech had not been up to the task.
Public sentiment is great and I believe we will have quite a bit of it but it’s not the most important thing because it’s about us not them. What competition? Who’s gonna take the volume? FedEx lol They can barely deliver what they have now. Amazon already has their own stuff. In the post office won’t do it either. I’m not sure why you believe tech would be a detriment to us and not an asset? I would say the only wild card is our people. With an attitude like yours pervasive throughout the membership that might be the biggest problem. We are either gonna be ready, to stick together for what we want and deserve or we’re going to get what UPS decides to give us

Last edited:

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Furniture delivery company. I had 130 pound dresser that was supposed to go to a third story I left it at the bottom of the steps by the mailbox and put a note on their door, screw that I’m not killing myself, or getting an injury.
It’s absurd. They need a special truck with 2 guys to deliver these things. A single driver can do a lot, but enough is enough.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
It’s absurd. They need a special truck with 2 guys to deliver these things. A single driver can do a lot, but enough is enough.

Another issue with our over 70’s is damages, the system is not set up for these border line freight packages.

Segregating these irregulars in transport and using a panel van with the proper motorized equipment could be a money saver for the Company and create more full time positions for the Union.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
50lb weight limit when I started. Heard it was 35lb before that.

Yep.

50 lbs when I started. Never heard of 35. Could be possible.

Funny thing.... it was never a contractual issue, until the company doubled it overnight to 150 lbs.

UPS is a small package delivery company not a freight business .

I think they are starting to figure this out. Extra equipment, maintenance....etc.

Maybe it should be something the union asks for.

If utilized properly.... that was the intent of the 22.4's.