Abortion

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I saw a story today about a celebrity bragging she had 2 abortions when she was 16. I could see an argument for a 16 year old girl messing up once but a 2nd time?
This sounds like bragging to you?

“Getting unintentionally pregnant more than once is irresponsible, but it’s still necessary to make a thoughtful decision,” writes Handler, 41. “We all make mistakes all the time. I happened to friend— up twice at the age of 16. I’m grateful that I came to my senses and was able to get an abortion legally without risking my health or bankrupting myself or my family.”

wayfair

swollen member
1334866382771_1778720.png

Catatonic

Nine Lives
with the "morning after pill" there should be no oopsies!!
Not too many underachievers are that smart or care enough.
Besides, the woman would have to pay for each occasion while she can hop from bed to bed for three months and then the government pays for an abortion.
They are under-achievers ... not necessarily stupid.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
That should be offered to everyone in the lower 50% of wage earners.
Much cheaper to kill the little moocher before birth than to support him/her for the next 80 years.
What's wrong with the logic of this proposal?
I'm all for offering sterilization as an option for every citizen regardless of income.
I'm all for offering birth control as an option for every citizen regardless of income.
I'm am not entirely in support of government funding for these things. But considering we offer government funding for food and housing etc, I can see the logic in your proposal. I would like to get rid of funding for both but if we offer one I see the logic in the other.

That being said, the way you worded it specifically for the poor, I think you knew exactly what you were doing.... Hinting at Eugenics or some sort of socio-economic eugenics hybrid was instigating a heated debate and I think you know that.

BrownArmy

Good fun aside, (IMHO), it's not up to us men-folk to tell women what they can or cannot do with their bodies.

If men were the ones having periods and potentially getting pregnant, tampons would be handed out for free and abortion wouldn't be an issue, because no man would stand for the state telling him what he could or couldn't do.

oldngray

nowhere special
Give dysgenic groups [people with “bad genes”] in our population their choice of segregation or [compulsory] sterilization.

Birth control must lead ultimately to a cleaner race.

We should hire three or four colored ministers, preferably with social-service backgrounds, and with engaging personalities. The most successful educational approach to the Negro is through a religious appeal. We don’t want the word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members.

10-Eye-Opening Quotes From Planned Parenthood Founder Margaret Sanger

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
We should hire three or four colored ministers, preferably with social-service backgrounds, and with engaging personalities. The most successful educational approach to the Negro is through a religious appeal. We don’t want the word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members.
Out of context... she didn't want the word to get out, because it wasn't true, and was a misrepresentation of their goals.

How many times do we have to discuss this exact misquote? You post it over and over no matter how many times it is explained to you... smh.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'm all for offering sterilization as an option for every citizen regardless of income.
I'm all for offering birth control as an option for every citizen regardless of income.
I'm am not entirely in support of government funding for these things. But considering we offer government funding for food and housing etc, I can see the logic in your proposal. I would like to get rid of funding for both but if we offer one I see the logic in the other.

That being said, the way you worded it specifically for the poor, I think you knew exactly what you were doing.... Hinting at Eugenics or some sort of socio-economic eugenics hybrid was instigating a heated debate and I think you know that.
Nope.
100% the choice of the individual woman.
Government programs are always need based and "the ability to pay".