Anyone else see the message from Sean O'brien?

Really depends on how long you are willing to wait or can afford to wait. Don’t listen to the yes strikers on here, they all are disgruntled whiners. All they are worried about is getting likes on their posts. Negotiations seem to be going smoothly with the exception of local 25 but I gotta feeling that local will be abolished soon.
The ones who want to strike don’t realize how selfish they really are. The higher seniority have little to nothing to lose. They whine about issues that are minuscule to what lower seniority have to deal with. After a strike they won’t stand up for you. They won’t take a long term layoff to allow the lower seniority to work.

Future

Victory Ride
Strikes are never a good thing, but sometimes you have to stand up for what you believe in. I would strike to get rid of the 4 year progression even though the issue does not effect me.
I have no say in this ... yes I do ...but I am short time now .... people strike ...some won’t get called back just saying

And drivers thay you personally knew got permanently let go after the strike was over?
Probably not at that time. But nobody knows what will happen in the future. We only know what could happen. Ups lost future promised volume in 1997. They still haven’t gotten it yet.

1989NW

Probably not at that time. But nobody knows what will happen in the future. We only know what could happen. Ups lost future promised volume in 1997. They still haven’t gotten it yet.
Right and that makes sense and i could see how guys could get laid off for a while and eventually get called back. I just dont understand when i read guys talk on here about permanent lay offs. There is a difference from getting laid off and permanently laid off

Right and that makes sense and i could see how guys could get laid off for a while and eventually get called back. I just dont understand when i read guys talk on here about permanent lay offs. There is a difference from getting laid off and permanently laid off
It will be temporary, until is isn’t. If it goes that long. For my situation, a long strike, would more than likely be permanent.