Archives

J

jeepgeek

I think its time for UPS to start looking at the people that make them the money they do and start taking care of those people. I don't mean by giving them more money either, I mean by treating there employees with a little respect. by understanding that there employees have a life outside of UPS. As far as the ERI survey is concerd, to me that is a huge waste of time and money. nothing ever comes of it. i have taken it for ten years and the CO has only gotten worse.
with the way things are going at this CO I know this 12 year vet will be gone in the next year.

I

izzy1911

Just got a call from a Corp Auto guy and the 80 and out with one year pay will be a reality by1/1/2001??? If you take that $300million note UPs is taking and divide it into 2400 possible early outs it works out to one year's pay!! Hope this one is true. This comes out every quarter. 3rd quarter results should be fantastic with all the cost cutting going on.

C

cheryl

Here's a clip from a news article in CNET today
-----------------------------------------------------------------
United Parcel Service Inc. is likely to be added to the Standard & Poor's 500 Index after Nov. 4, said Leo Guzman, president of Miami brokerage Guzman & Co.

That's when company insiders and employees will be allowed to sell more stock to the public, said Guzman. With the increased number of shares available for trading, Standard & Poor's is more likely to add UPS because money managers will be able to buy and sell the stock more easily, he said.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

''UPS is about a $60 billion company in market capitalization and it's certain to go into the S&P 500,'' said Guzman. The newly available shares ''will facilitate it being added to the S&P, put strong demand on the stock and it could be a mover.''

Guzman, whose firm trades stocks for investors who want to match the index's performance, is telling clients to buy stock in the world's largest delivery company.

Shares of companies added to the S&P 500 generally rise because managers of index funds -- which try to mimic the benchmark's performance -- are required to buy shares of new members. For investors who bet on stocks' short-term movements, knowing what companies might be added to the index can be lucrative.

Standard & Poor's has made 32 changes to the benchmark stock index this year, usually because one company in the index is acquired or spun off from another. S&P, a unit of McGraw-Hill Cos., doesn't say which stocks it's considering to add to the benchmark until it announces a change, usually at 5:15 p.m. New York time.

Shares Rally

JDS Uniphase Corp. soared 26 percent in the two days after S&P said it would add the fiber-optic equipment maker in July, while Harley-Davidson Inc. advanced 6 percent the day after S&P said in January it would add the largest U.S. motorcycle maker.

Guzman has correctly predicted at least four additions since December.

C

cheryl

S&P's Index Policy Creates a Grand Old Sport for Wall Street Pros
By Justin Lahart
Associate Editor
7/5/00 6:43 PM ET

From the get-go, the news that Broadcom (BRCM:Nasdaq - news) would be going into the S&P 500 had a powerful effect.

On June 19, the day that Standard & Poor's announced the addition, shares of the communications chipmaker tacked on more than 10% as traders plowed into the stock on the expectation that they could sell at a higher price to index funds, which would need to buy Broadcom regardless of cost. And they were right.

Between June 19 and last Friday -- the day it got added to the S&P -- Broadcom shares put on a parabolic move, tacking on 48.4%. And the action was heavy to the very end -- in the last half hour of trading Friday, the stock jumped from 202 21/32 to 218 15/16 -- an 8% move that boosted Broadcom's market capitalization to $47.11 billion from $43.6 billion. Put another way, Broadcom was worth another half-billion dollars -- more than the entire capitalization of Bethlehem Steel (BS:NYSE - news) -- every five minutes from 3:30 p.m. to the close.

By waiting so long to add big stocks to the index, Standard & Poor's has inadvertently created a trading game where, seemingly, there is very little downside.

http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/markets/marketfeatures/988525.html

G

grupsdude

Legs,

I have nothing good to report about ERI at this point! I am still a part timer and I have worked 50 to 60 plus hours 6 days every week from Memorial Day TO Labor Day. I have averaged 43 hours per week thus far in the year 2000.

Now, lets look at the same 13 weeks from Mem Day to Labor Day, as far as payroll goes. Hmm, 1 of 13, only ONE of my checks were correct. Now let's look at the past 17 weeks still only one(1) correct paycheck in 17. IF I SHOWED UP FOR WORK ONE OUT OF EVERY 17 DAYS WOULD UPS FIRE ME? YOU BET YOUR BOTTOM, IS IT TIME FOR ME TO FIRE UPS?

When UPS shorts me $200+, 3 weeks in a row, it is really tough to set up and maintain a budget. Now put that same $700 in a payroll correction on a check I worked 60 hours on, over 40% of that check went to Uncle Sam.

Now comes "insult to injury" UPS did it again. Shorting me $200+ 3 weeks in a row, this time I had very close to 70 hours on the paycheck along with the $700 payroll correction. Almost half my check went to Uncle Sam.

Now, it is even more difficult to set up and maintain a budget. Yes I have informed my management team, has anything happend yet? No!

Why? I will tell you why, UPS could careless about their employees. I worked my butt off this summer to make a good name for myself. What happens today when I see a manager at UPS? They turn and walk the other way. WHY? They do not want to hear me ask again, about when will I get paid for the 37th time.

I have been lied too, cheated and my credit report this summer is a mess. How many mortgage payments can you make on time when over $2000, YES $2000, of your hard earned money goes to the IRS?

I still need a root canal, I still need a new tranmission in my car and I watch the $2k that would have paid for both go to Uncle Sam.

You want me to report something good to UPS. What good is there to report? I gave up my entire summer working 6 days a week many over 60 hours, and then watched UPS give my money I earned, to taxes.

So Legs, how was your summer, did you take a nice vacation? I gave mine up since I was asked very nicely to work, since UPS is short so many employees. I also worked every Saturday for 9 hours dispatching drivers.(FYI the only check I got that was correct all summer was a 20 hour part time vacation check, real hard to mess that one up!)

So Legs if your son or daughter had a part time job working 60 hours a week and didn't get paid correctly after working all summer, what would you tell your son or daughter to do? FIRE the BOSS?

I know the 3 KEYS words at UPS.
Saftey, Quality, and Performance! I work safley and perform quality work, ask any of my bosses. Now look at what UPS gives me in return.

Saftey, NO, many of the trucks I drive should be red tagged, but we don't have enough mechanics.

Quality, NO look at the quality of just my paychecks, let alone how UPS helps train me to do quality work. I asked my supervisor for a lil extra training in my area and he claims he didnt have time. I asked for a print out of my hours in the end of August and got it Monday Sep, 25th.

Performance, hmm, I know that the UPS payroll system does not perform well. When was the last time you walked into training and hour late? Then had to BEG forgiveness!

My boss tells me I have training at 1pm Friday, but will confirm with me, since it has yet to be confirmed. I asked him 3 times that week about Friday. He tells me if I don't get back with you it is a NO-GO.

Friday at 3:16pm my boss calls my home and leaves a message traing started at 3pm. Where are you? DAHHHHH, you didnt get back to me after I asked you 3 TIMES!

Legs you have the BALLS to call me disgruntled? I have yet to "GO POSTAL". I am disenheartened at this point! After I "GO POSTAL" then you have the right to call me disgruntled. Until then fix the payroll system at UPS which is older than our average truck BY MANY YEARS! Oh and LEGS, shut your MOUTH until you know the WHOLE STORY!

Now, if I were your son or daughter Legs what would you tell me? My parents tell me to PRAY and it works! I just PRAY the PAYROLL SYSTEMS WORKS!

G

grupsdude

Oh Legs,

I got the payroll report a month later. I did ask my boss for it 5 times and then went over his head. My boss never got it for me I had to side step him and go to another supervisor.

I got the message about training at 3:36pm and rushed to work and got there at 3:56pm. Then I was asked to leave training since I didn't care to show up on time. I had to play the message from my boss explaining if I got there before 4pm I could go ahead with training, since he had left.
He never told them he forget to tell me about training.

Legs, I am a part timer and I am only allowed one 10 minute break per part time shift. Many weeks this summer I worked 3 part time shifts back to back. Eating before I started work at 5pm and eating again after I left work at 4 to 6am.

I asked UPS if I could take one 30 minute break so I could get a bite to eat and I was told "NO" I asked why and I was told it could not be done! What kind of answer is that?

Legs, I also worked every Saturday morning at 730am. After working 8 to 12 hours and leaving at 430am from working Friday night, I returned just 3 hours later to work another 9 hour shift. Legs what did you do this summer?

Legs I am more of a workaholic then I am a disgruntled employee. If you had ten of me you could get by with 20 less employees. I am loved here at UPS by many supervisors, when they want something done they call me. WHY? Because I get the JOB DONE!

Now before you go yapping your fool head off about UPS employees who are disgruntled, find out all the facts.

Yes, I have spoke with my supervisors. Infact many Friday mornings after getting out of work at 5am I would be back at 9am to get a payroll correction started. Then head back home for only a nap to be back to work at 5pm.

Only three of my bosses helped me out this summer with CASH, two were paid back $60 and $100 and the other gave me $200 cash and said keep it, it is a "GIFT", only one other boss helped me out, dealing with payroll.

Now why did my bosses hand me CASH? Why did one of my bosses give me $200 CASH and say it was a GIFT? I work at UPS and I am a vauled employee. I know that and it is very clear, but how come only a very few of the supervisors treat me with respect?

It is very evident that many problems exisit at UPS and it sure would be nice if these problems could be cleaned up. It sure would be nice if UPS would get rid of the supervisors who can't cut the mustard.

Legs, my guess is you fall into that group of supervisors, but that is only a guess, so without knowing all the facts I will not call you any names. My guess is that you have either worked for UPS only a short time and are still in the "HONEYMOON" phase, or that you are an old timer who is buffered from the everyday "going ons" within the UPS operation itself.

When LABOR heard I was working all these hours, it hit the FAN. The only way Labor found out was by a Grievance I filed on the 2nd, 3 week payroll problem. After Labor found out I still worked all those hours. Why? No one else would do it! I DID IT!

Legs, would you let your son or daughter work that many hours in one summer? Legs would you allow your son or daughter to work a 11 to 13 hour day with only three 10 minute breaks with NO MEALS?

Legs before you let your lips run wild KNOW THE FACTS! So many UPS supervisors havent a clue! I work my butt off at UPS and have a TON of UPS knowledge and many supervisors ask me questions.

Why is that, cuz I care enough about our customers both internal and external. Legs, I would venture to guess I have worked in more different operations since I started at UPS than you have.

In my building alone I have done almost EVERY PT JOB there is and worked on every sort there is. EVERYONE! Loaded, unloaded, voicer, smalls, PSC, pick off point to jackpots and airwing to ODC, dispatcher, carwash, clerk, and the list goes on and on.

Airdriving, from EAM's to Saturday air to shuttle runs, How many airdrivers KNOW EVERY pickup route in town? I do! I know all the Routes, and I am the only person in my entire building that know ALL the air pick up routes.

I am trained and qualifed to drive UPS forklifts, I am a qualifed responder, tug driver. I am qualifed to work in the air operation. The list goes on and on. I am a weatlth of information.

Legs, I even have my own set of keys to the building and have the alarm codes as I have locked up many Saturday nights after security has gone home. Then came back on Sunday night just 28 hours later to unlock it and start a new week. What did you do this summer Legs?

Legs, I know a lot about UPS but it only scratches the surface to what I will know in my future at UPS. I hope to learn even more. I am looking forward to becoming a driver,but that is a few years away, STILL! Then maybe into management or maybe a feeder driver. Who knows what I may become? The choices are endless at UPS.

Legs how long should I stick around if UPS management can't get it together? How many more paychecks have to be wrong? How many more times do I have to ask for HELP? How long before I go from disenheartened to disgruntled? LEGS, HOW LONG?

Well Legs, I don't know but I will continue to PRAY that UPS will get rid of this US vs: THEM attitude. I am us, I am them. Legs you are them and your are US! Who does the work at UPS? WE DO?
Who makes sure we have the resources to get the job done? WE DO! Who makes sure we take care of the customers? WE DO! I don't think US or THEM have a CLUE! But WE DO!

Legs I maybe a union steward at UPS but I have never held THE so call Us vs: THEM attitude. I have never seen a need for a union. After I became a UPS employee and after working for almost 2 years I started to see the need for a union at UPS.

Payroll at UPS is computerized, HTM and PTE and those two computer programs don't talk to each other. After I became an airdirver I learned you have to watch your pay REAL CLOSE.

After asking for 4 months for my pay and filing 2 grievances. I had had ENOUGH. I sued UPS for the money they owed me. Less that a week before the court date I was fired for, lets say a trumped up chrage, I had my job back a few days later with the help of the union.

Court date came around and UPS paid me IN FULL the day BEFORE the court hearing. Much of that money was owed to me for over 4 months. The problem started at Christmas and it is now the end of June(6 months after Christmas). Still TODAY I have many payroll problems because the two payroll systems don't communicate with eachother.

(Hey if you a computer programmer let UPS know you can help them and make a quick billion while you at it.)

Anyway Legs my point is I am still in there fighting for US! I am still in there getting it done. I can't say it's for the money either, cuz I have yet to make any real money at UPS. I am only a part timer and if you recall I have seen a GOOD PORTION on my NET go to Uncle Sam this summer.

Someday, SOMEDAY I will be in the real money at UPS. Heck who knows maybe when Jim Kelly retires he may even ask me to apply for his old job. Then I will get rid of the "US vs: THEM ATTITUDE"

Just remember Legs, you said I was disgruntled. Legs you said I had the US vs:THEM attitude.
What did you do this summer LEGS? I worked more hours than anyone at UPS this summer! To boot, I made a whole lot less then Jim Kelly did and he even worked less hours, and to think I am just a part time employee who worked more hours than any other UPS employee WORLD WIDE!

Legs, I am proud to be called a UPS'er! Legs I am proud of my work history at UPS! Legs I have been part of many records at UPS. I didn't set those records myself, we set them as a TEAM! We set some records that have yet to be broken.

The record this summer of being the employee who worked more hours than any other employee. Mind you this is not documented but I would venture to guess not many have worked over 60 hours every week consistantly from Memorial Day to Labor Day and several weeks I had OVER 60! I would say almost hands down I have it in the bag.

Just PRAY Legs, that UPS will continue for 90 more years. Pray that UPS will get this payroll problem resolved. Pray that someday Legs you will know as much or more about UPS as I plan to know.

So Legs, what records have you set at UPS? What records still stand today? Legs what are you doing next summer?

Oh and I am praying for a cot this peak season too!

T

tieguy

If the post office did not leverage their first class monopoly to undercut their small package competition they would not be losing money this year. Charging 3 dollars per package for 2 day air service when UPS and Fedex cannot legally charge that little is now backfiring with the reductions in letters. Runyon is bailing because he sees the writing on the wall. Furthur increases in the price of first class stamps will only excelerate the loss of mail. Market conditions will eventually force what UPS was unable to litigate - a level playing field.

B

bigbrown

If something like that does come around I will think about taking the offer. I don't think that there is still a glut in management like there was 10 years ago but there may still be more than they wish were on the payroll.

T

tieguy

I dont think there is a glut. If this offer is made then I think the intent may be to create some opportunity for advancement for our younger supervisors.

R

retired

Alliance could break lock on mailbox use

ATLANTA _ The real target of FedEx Corp.'s proposed alliance with the U.S. Postal Service could be the mailbox at the end of your driveway.

The Postal Service has claimed sole access to the nation's mailboxes since 1934, when a single sentence in the federal code granted the agency exclusive delivery rights. Private firms such as FedEx have tried for years to break the lockout, but so far without success.

"The nation's system of mailboxes was built and paid for by mail recipients, not by the Postal Service," FedEx founder Frederick W. Smith told Congress last year. "Unless the law on mailbox access applies equally to all competitive products, the law will perpetuate a tremendous bias in favor of the Postal Service."

FedEx and the Postal Service are negotiating a controversial deal that Postmaster General William Henderson says would allow FedEx to carry Postal Service next-day packages on its airplanes and let the Postal Service deliver FedEx Ground packages. As an added bonus for FedEx, mail carriers could pick up and deliver FedEx packages at individual mailboxes.

FedEx customers who wished to return items purchased online, for example, could simply put them in mailboxes for postal carriers to retrieve. FedEx would then collect the shipments and deliver them to manufacturers.

FedEx and Postal Service officials won't say whether mailbox access for FedEx is part of their ongoing negotiations. But being barred from mailboxes has long put private delivery firms at a major disadvantage.

Couriers must walk to doorsteps, and packages placed there are far more susceptible to theft and damage. A Postal Service study in the 1960s determined that deliveries to doorsteps cost the agency twice as much as those to mailboxes.

Today, as the burgeoning e-commerce market propels business-to-residential deliveries, the strategic value of mailboxes is higher than ever.

United Parcel Service Inc. plans to challenge the planned FedEx/Postal Service alliance on public policy grounds. It's unfair, UPS says, for a governmental agency to favor any company in a competitive market.

D

divmgr

A few months ago I attended a corporate class for div mgrs. At the end of the class we get to meet with a member of the management committee. His response to the ERO question was "there has been no discussion whatever in the management committee about an ERO. This is not an option currently." He went on to present figures on managers at grade 18 level and grade 19 and above that will reach 55 in the next five years. Meaning the current course is to wait for this attrition rather than offer an ERO. For those eligible I realize this is not good news, but I hope it helps.

G

grupsdude

Good point NO ONE WINS in a strike including the customer and the competition. I know as a part timer I have already made back what I lost and more. I lost $150 per week in UPS wages and worked a full time job (lined up in case we went on strike) earning $400+ plus each week of the strike. Thus gaining $250 each week.

If you add up my wage increase over the past few years both for inside work and airdriving I have already gained more than the $1500 that was offered by UPS as an incentive bonus.

If I work and average of 17.5 hours a week. I earned $682.50 the first and second year. The third year I made $728. The last two years I will make $773.50 each.

Now, add that up year one I earned $682.50, year two I earned $1365, year three I earned $2093. Year four I will earn $2866 In year five I will earn $3640. Add these totals and I will have earned over $10,600 if I only work 17 hours per week. I would rather have $10,000 for 5 years instead of $1500 cash, now what would you rather have?

Show me a way to invest $1500 dollars today and wind up with over $10,000 in 5 years. Now add in my raises I recieved as an airdriver on top of that and I will have earned over $19,000 in five years working only 35 hours a week.

This year I have already averaged 43 hours a week,it will be higher after peak. Last year I worked an average of 39 hours a week. The return I got from the strike has been very nice. I turned down $1500 and in return I will have earned well over $20,000 in five years.

Please show me any investment program where I may turn $1500 into over $20,000 in just 5 years? Without increasing my $1500 initial investment!

Even if you earned 35% interest each year it would take you 8 years to turn $1500 into over $20,000!

I don't know about you but I would give up the $1000 cash back an have the 0.9% interest loan on a new auto loan. If you do the math you save so much more if you take the low interest loan.

Think about this, in many cities in America you can find a job at a temp service making $9 an hour after 90 days you are normally hired in FT and have benefits, and make upwards of $10 an hour or more.

Compare that to UPS, if you were hired the year of the strike as a PT employee it would take you 4 years of service before you would make $10 per hour. In 1980 a part timer had a starting wage of $12 per hour.

Flipping burgers at McDonald's pays $8 to start. Tell me what is easier, flippin burgers or unloading 40 tons in under 4 hours?

How much longer can UPS continue to compete in the job market paying $8.50 an hour? The awswer is as plain as your face! UPS can't and UPS doesn't compete in todays job market. The real question is when will the current millionaire management team at UPS see this?

G

grupsdude

After reading the EPF's report "One Year Later", I can only say "Figures lie, and liars figure".

Take for example the fact the EPF puts forward that UPS lost 460,000 packages the year after the strike. Did the EPF take into consideration that profits were at an all time high for UPS that year? How can you lose volume and have RECORD PROFITS?

Why was that? Let's look at what UPS did the year after the strike. UPS renegotiated several contracts with many large volume ground customers. Case in point, UPS went to AMWAY and refigured the discount given them.

AMWAY balked at UPS's new prices and went with another carrier. UPS did this with many discounts customers, and UPS lost many of them. Did the EPF have this knowledge? NO! Did UPS volunteer this information? NO! Did you know this before TODAY?

Did UPS lose 460,000 packages from the strike? NO! UPS lost many of those 460,000 packages from pulling the discount to many of thier large volume ground customers. This would explain the record profits that UPS received the year after the strike. How else can you lose volume and gain RECORD PROFITS? You do this by ridding yourself of marginal profit packages. A good move on the part of UPS, a bad move on the part of UPS for blaming it on the strike.

Thus losing the volume, UPS negated the 10,000 new full time jobs blaming it upon the Teamsters and the STRIKE! Now with this information who is to blame for the lost 460,000 packages, UPS or the Teamsters?

Several months of not having these large volume ground customers is the main cause for the 460,000 lost packages. Many of these customers came back, including AMWAY! Why is that? UPS DELIVERS!

Now, with this new information and reading my last posting, who is the real loser from the stike? I will tell you who "The customer and the competition"! The customer lost many of the discounts UPS had in place before the strike.

The competition lost as well, for a short time they had a new customer and spent millions to handle this new volume. Purchasing trailers, semi trucks, and new delivery vehicles, along with larger buildings. Today, they no longer have these packages to deliver.

Who came out a winner from the STRIKE? Both UPS and the TEAMSTERS!

J

jbul_ups

Grupsdude,
I went all through this once before on this board. The first year after the strike, if I only worked 40 hours a week , I made 1248 dollars more than I did before the strike, the next year $2496, the next year $3744, the next year $4992, and in the final year of the contract I will make $6648 more than 1996. That comes to $18928, but it is even more than that , because I never have less than 6 hours OT a week.And that extra $6648 per year will continue the rest of my carrer at UPS. So, like you say, keep your one time signing bonuses, I have MORE than made up for the little I lost during the strike, which turned out to be a nice summer vacation...;-)
You have to understand, these ties are former part time sups, and they let the company do their thinking.....and they don't think us lowly hourly workers have the brains to figure this stuff out.
I would be willing to bet UPS is one of the major funders of The Employment Policy Foundation .

H

hr

This rumor has been around for so long that I thought it had been started by Jim Casey. Thank you divmgr for giving us some real information!

G

grupsdude

PAYROLL UPDATE - 19 weeks 18 incorrect checks

Just to let all you know I have worked my to establish a good name at UPS. I have volunteered to work hours, and been asked when UPS was short bodies, rarely turning UPS down. TODAY THAT STOPS!

I have been handed 18 out 19 paychecks which were incorrect, the only check in 19 weeks that has been correct has been a 20 hour vacation check. Needless to say I am no longer airdriving, and I am no longer working on Saturdays.

If I missorted 18 of 19 packages I might have a job for maybe 2 more minutes. This has been going on since Memorial Day. Folks let me tell ya, I don't care anymore. If I have missorts, so what! FIRE ME! I am half tempted to put all the UPS packages I come accross in a Postal Drop Box.

What will it take to get a NEW PAYROLL SYSTEM IN PLACE? This was a hot issue in the last contract talks. All the company did was agree to pay a penalty if our check was incorrect, and it was not paid within 3 business days.

No I haven't filed 18 grievances. I only filed 2, and the hearing was yesterday. In a kangaroo court that attempted to make me feel like it was MY FAULT. I am in no way connected to the PAYROLL DEPARTMENT. I have 9 years of accouting experience and have never seen such an atrocity!

Stop blaming your employees for all YOUR PROBLEMS UPS! TAKE SOME RESPONSIBILITY and pay your bills PAY YOUR EMPLOYEES!

Can you tell as employees we are sick of excuses. I am sick of hearing "NEXT WEEK", by the way when is next week? I am hoping sometime before PEAK SEASON! I do have some Christmas presents to purchase, and I have a lot of past due bills to pay as well.

How can you set up a weekly budget? I have only been able to set up a WEAK BUDGET and have not been able to stick with it. Twice this summer my mortgage payment was late.

UPS DO YOU EVEN CARE ABOUT YOUR EMPLOYEES ANY LONGER? OR JUST YOUR CURRENT STOCK PRICE AND DIVIDEND? Well our STOCK is public and I think it is time to take this matter PUBLIC as well.

G

grupsdude

HEY LEGS -- I felt really powerful today, again it is Friday and I have yet to call another creditor to let them know I can't pay my bill on time.

On the 6th of every month my mortgage payment is deducted from my checking account. Today after getting another incorrect paycheck from UPS I only have $8 in my account. I wrote 2 checks to the United Way this week as a donation. Those two checks have not been cashed, but if they do they will bounce.

Today, I will call the district office of UPS and request those checks not be cash, but instead be returned to me. Talk about walking around with your head held proud. Only twice this summer I had to go to a local food bank to get some food to eat. And you dare ask me if I am proud to say I work for UPS?

I would like to thank UPS for let another embarrassing Friday. I wonder if we can make if 19 for 20 or if a miracle will happen or by some accident I may get paid correctly this coming week to make it 18 for 20! Yes, this makes 18 of 19 incorrect paychecks from UPS!

M

my2cents

Grupsdude,

What kind of budget and lifestyle do you have? You have a payroll problem and you are writing checks to the United Way? I'm sure you may have a problem, but I'm beginning to have a hard time believing some of this stuff. The allegations you are making are virtually impossible to prove or disprove on this message board. Additionally, harassing Legs doesn't help your credibility either. How about giving us some solid figures. Tell us the actual discrepancies in hours. For example, week one I worked 46 hours and got paid for 40 or whatever. Also, could you elaborate more on how your grievance hearing went? Do you plan to appeal?

J

jbul_ups

my2cents,
This is going on all over the country...for some reason, UPS can't seem to get the payroll right. We have a fueler that has been shorted anywhere from 4 hours to 2 full days pay, every pay for the last 5 weeks. But of course, we make this all up. I advised this person to file for 1/2 day extra pay, everytime they don't have her check corrected by the next work day, as per central states supplement.She won her 1st grievence...but I guess once isn't enough for UPS.

M

my2cents

I like to try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but when I start seeing half-truths, the skeptic in me begins to cast doubt on the claims being made. More facts, less hyperbole please. Personally, I don't know anyone who has their paycheck screwed up indefinitely.