Archives

B

brownmonster

Grabbed DJ in the 2nd round of my Fantasy Nascar draft. Looks like it might be a good pick. BM

B

brownmonster

Lose it you buy it. Your job is to scan pkgs. Punch in, grab scanner, scan, put scanner back, punch out. If I leave my Diad on my back bumber (hypothetical of course) is it my bosses fault? I think not. BM

B

brownmonster

Made it through the day. Didn't get one of the helpers so I didn't have to babysit for some pencil pusher! LOL As my kid would say "when life hands you a booger, flick it" BM

U

upsdude

Had a tough day here on Friday. Morning temps in the 40s, 70 by mid afternoon.

You guys up north have every ounce of my respect!

P

proups

He looked good in practice Friday night. He could pass cars and when he gets up front, he knows how to block.

Think about it - he blocked the "master" of that track - the #3 car - to win at Daytona a few times.

The 500 will be interesting.

G

gman

Brownmonster
You're right about baby sitting a sup. When I got one at our fiasco, He came out of automotive. I asked him if he had used a diad before; "Oh sure, I'm pretty good at it." Then I asked if he had any delivery experience and he says "Went with a driver and we delivered 300 stops and were in by 6:30!"

He was very proud of himself. Well when we got to the first stop, I handed him the board and he couldn't even get the street adress in. He had no clue. He did hussle, but I come to find out that his 300 stops were mostly to huge apartment complexes where they left 20-30 stops at a time at the managers office who took care of them. By 8:30 that night, he knew what it was like to deliver for real. 260 stops to 260 different addresses. He found a new respect for drivers. But the really good thing about having a sup from automotive ride with you for two days is he made sure every little thing on my car was right before he went back to his own center.

Hope all is back to normal for you.

P

proups

brownmonster: well put. I agree.

What I don't agree with is making a PT Sup work a double to pay for lost equipment. That seems to be a violation of the FLSA.

P

proups

Frustrated: use the EDR process. It is much like the grievance process for union employees. It also has severe penalties for retaliation.

P

proups

local804 is right - this person will be in for a big surprise when he thinks it is retirement time and the union tells him that he doesn't have enough hours worked to retire. I've seen this happen with these comp abusers.

......and that puts a smile on my face!

P

proups

upsdawg: you won't get a true answer to your question from the good UPS Store owners...only those who hate being a part of the best transportation company in the world.

T

toonertoo

Oh Please tieguy. I never said he was an angel. Any one in the military in any position deserves the respect for their service, regardless of reserve or otherwise, as we have seen even reserves may unexpectedly be called to service. T

L

local804

Thats for sure proups....we have 2 yo-yo`s now with 30 years plus that should have retired 5 years ago.The reasoning???????? plenty of time from seniority date, not enough full time pension credit.If theu would of worked like the rest of us,my fellow drivers and I would ALL be two more slots up the seniority list and have better vacations. Here in the NE, seniority is EVERYTHING.......

L

local804

Maybe this year he could be in the top 20....

DEI all the way baby........
friend ound
O n
R oad
D ead......

T

tieguy

Thats fine. Two issues here.
Holding the sup accountable for scanners. I have yet to hear him say he did anything to ensure he had control of the scanners.

The punishment itself. I think Jacfl is violating various laws and company policies by working sups doubles for punishment.

L

local804

On the topic of worthless drivers,
How about 88`s performance last year?

U

upsdude

Center Manager showed us the new TV spot UPS will debut during the Daytona 500 its pretty funny. Jarrett is seated in the jump seat and..

Tune in next Sunday.

P

parttimejon

we have 18 drivers with 30 plus. if they woud retire i could change my namel