Are you voting?

How are you voting for the strike authorization?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Coldworld

This, plus the feeder news network, no need for much else......
The FNN have had a couple Dan Rather incidents that have hurt its credibility over the years but is still a decent place to get some good news... on a side note, if you give a feeder driver a maple bar then they are more likely to give you some of the juicer news along with a bonus what sup is sleeping with what sup tidbit.....

Coldworld

No clue. We literally ate breakfast and talked to each other the whole time.

Dude didn't even have the balls to speak up over everyone and start the meeting.

Not who I want representing me at a termination hearing. That's for sure
Sorry Man that sucks... hopefully the next person in office has some balls... can it even get any worse at this point???

BigBrown1234

Problem is some of our locals leaders are worthless.

I went to a meeting recently. Over an hour "meeting" all we got was "I know as much as you guys" I'm not on the negotiating committee.

The full time BA position is 100% waste of Union dues. Members/stewards then straight to attorney. No more FT elected positions, elected officials should be currently employed in the trades they represent

Coldworld

They work full time hours most of the year and they make top rate once they go through progression. So should they bid that 22.4 job and take a $6 an hour pay cut?
Ok we don’t have that kind of driver so I am understanding your point but they aren’t making 24 for long after progression... I get that...

Coldworld

They work full time hours most of the year and they make top rate once they go through progression. So should they bid that 22.4 job and take a $6 an hour pay cut?
Supposedly these 22.4 jobs will have a side note that if they work so many days as a driver they get to be full time also....so who knows... it’s all speculation right now.... but what I want to know is what would be be getting if these 22.4 do slip through... it has to be something very good...

Supposedly these 22.4 jobs will have a side note that if they work so many days as a driver they get to be full time also....so who knows... it’s all speculation right now.... but what I want to know is what would be be getting if these 22.4 do slip through... it has to be something very good...
How about 22.4 feeder runs on the weekend.
You want some else taking you overtime rate and get paid 30 an hour to do it

Personally I think this 22.4 is just smoke and mirrors. That aren't going to put extra full time people on, even at a lower rate. The cost of the benefits makes it cheaper to pay us overtime.

opie

22.4s are FT. 4 hours of ground work, and 4 hours of inside work.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Allegedly, all centers will have a number, to be staffed by full time drivers, that will need to be maintained. And it will be up to those drivers to demand their 8 and keep things in check. All weekend work will be done by 22.4’s. Either tues to sat or sun to thurs.

The union is also viewing this as a way to inject money, by creating full time jobs, into failing pensions plans.

How much less do the 22.4s make an hour?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
They aren't understanding the situation.
I've talked to a few of the younger drivers at work. They don't want to give a strike authorization, they ate afraid that it means we are walking out. Some people you just can't explain things to.
Same in our building. Mostly PTers. “Authorization to Strike” vs “Strike Vote”