Are you voting?

How are you voting for the strike authorization?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
My strike fund is looking good also. Hoping I don't have to use it but that's what it's there for.
If things start to look ugly, I'll suspend all 401k and Roth IRA money and cut out in the extra goodies

I'm ready.
I hear ya!
I’d hate to start drinking crappy beer!

$30+ an hour isn't a bad gig, though I also do not agree with a lessor/lower rate while performing the same duties
The same thing was said when the two tier system was put in place for PT in 1982. $8/hr and full benefits was not bad for a PT job. Work preload or a sorter job and it was $9/hr. 36 years later preload is not a skilled job and the starting rate is 10/hr and no benefits. A $1/hr increase in 36 years. This is the future of the 22.4 jobs. Of course it will not affect current FT package delivery drivers or Feeders. I can hear it now, if you want to make the big bucks, drive the big trucks.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
You said something earlier, about 22.4 doing feeder work, I think this is the hidden gem the company is looking for. No OT to move feeder loads on weekends.

Where I am If Saturday or Sunday is part of your bid run, it is treated like any other day regarding pay. We have lots of runs that either start on Sunday or end on Saturday. They are paid just like M-friend just different days worked.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Where I am If Saturday or Sunday is part of your bid run, it is treated like any other day regarding pay. We have lots of runs that either start on Sunday or end on Saturday. They are paid just like M-friend just different days worked.
Same here. But during peak and such, you can sign up for extra work, and make OT. This would cut back on that for sure.