Are you voting?

How are you voting for the strike authorization?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Ups is asking for a lower top rate on a new ground driver classification. And if they actually slashed the dividends and use that money to upgrade the company, they would be better off down the line. If too much of your income is dwpendepe on one stock, that is not a wise decision.

Slashing the dividend is stupid. Owning only UPS stock is stupid. Owning some UPS stock for the nice (un-slashed) dividend is smart. You should always have a well diversified portfolio. Cheers!

True on the stock front but ups has been making some huge investments in infrastructure.... you should see how many new kenworth and international tractors we have in my feeder group...and not all of this investment is in automation....jobs are associated with most of this... but I still see what you are saying though
They have been buying vehicles like crazy
I can remember ever seeing so many new package cars on line. They ate trying to keep the profits down for contract year.

Last edited:

Coldworld

Slashing the dividend is stupid. Owning only UPS stock is stupid. Owning some UPS stock for the nice (un-slashed) dividend is smart. You should always have a well diversified portfolio. Cheers!
He does, he buys and sells junk cars and is dabbling in penny stocks and bitcoins... I also heard he is about ready to buy a froyo robot franchise that makes 3 different kinds of frozen yogurt with 7 different toppings... he’s going into business with @Future....

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
everybody will vote yes to strike is this thread or @Future and i will show up at your door. I don't want to go green beans on your face repeatedly then things happen

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Besides, who says I don't own some FedEx stock too.

Many UPS contracts ago when I saw how much they pay UPS drivers compared to FedEx drivers I made sure to have FedEx in my portfolio. LMAO... and now you want more... :devil2::teethy:

Coldworld

I never said that owning some UPS is bad but too many people, especially management have too much if it.

Cheers
But when the “average” rank and file upser has maybe 100 shares or less and the “average”middle rank manager or sup have maybe 500 or 1000 shares, then that’s a big difference....think the most I ever had was 200 and I started buying a little at a time back when we could buy it years ago... I have sold all of it over time....I have a 401k as does mrs cold, and we both have pensions, and we have a Roth and some liquid cash...we will be fine, our house will be paid off and we don’t live high on the hog like some.... we will be fine. And if I croak in the next 15 years mrs cold will have an additional 500k+ to use as “spending money”... I don’t need any ups stock..

But when the “average” rank and file upser has maybe 100 shares or less and the “average”middle rank manager or sup have maybe 500 or 1000 shares, then that’s a big difference....think the most I ever had was 200 and I started buying a little at a time back when we could buy it years ago... I have sold all of it over time....I have a 401k as does mrs cold, and we both have pensions, and we have a Roth and some liquid cash...we will be fine, our house will be paid off and we don’t live high on the hog like some.... we will be fine. And if I croak in the next 15 years mrs cold will have an additional 500k+ to use as “spending money”... I don’t need any ups stock..
I had a few hundred shares but I sold them in 2007. Thank you president Bush, I paid almost zero on the gains.