Are you voting?

How are you voting for the strike authorization?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Would these new 22.4s also make 30/hr while doing inside work? If so 60k per year plus our benefits and done around 1or 2pm if you did the preload and then drove for 4 hrs sounds about prefect for someone with a family. Am I missing something?
After the 4 year progression. First year is like $15/hr. You can bet you will be working up to 14 hours a day the first few years. While the FT drivers are going home at 5 PM.

BigBrown1234

People that didn't listen to us are no longer in office.

Message received. We attended and we vote

How many people did you bring to the meeting? 500

Oh, I get it.
You had so many supporters that you actually are the one who ran for office and now you are the Secretary Treasure!

brown_trousers

Sounds good, In theory. But Iv personally never seen these miracles you speak of.

I spoke with our reps on a one to one basis and they personally told me they’ve never read the IBT constitution.
One of the trustees told me he’s just there for the $800 a month and he misses meetings all the time. (PATHETIC!)

Give me a solid example where you made a suggestion at the local GM membership meeting that they didn’t want to do, yet through your POWER in numbers forced them to comply.

Anyone can answer this, please!

Yep. Thats the truth of it. How many people have voiced their opinion in meetings over these new 22.4 jobs? and yet rumor has it, that our union negotiators are still supporting this crazy idea.

If they truly listen to us in these meetings, 22.4 jobs would not even be on the table for negotiation.

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
I work preload, drive airs, occasionally cover. What's your problem? I got another job. I'm taking your work? Or, am I allowing you to get home sooner?

Delivered

If the union would actually tell me that UPS is low balling us, or is trying to cut our healthcare, or pensions, or... well... if they told me anything, i would be more likely to vote yes.

But with as little information as they have provided me, my vote is no

The tentative agreement in regards to article 37 warrants a 'Yes' vote for a strike authorization and a 'No' vote when it is presented to the membership for approval.

Coldworld

The tentative agreement in regards to article 37 warrants a 'Yes' vote for a strike authorization and a 'No' vote when it is presented to the membership for approval.
What are they proposing for that article.. I did hear it has absolutely no teeth what so ever...

Coldworld

If we could get even close to 80% like what is showing on gumbys BC poll then that would be phenomenal.... would shou the company we are at least “somewhat” United....

kramer

I got a letter in the mail saying wether to vote yes or no in favor of going on strike if they cant come to an agreement to the new contract. Im gonna vote yes, are there any reasons i should vote no

The letter said its a strong bargaining chip to bring to the table knowing we have the fortitude to go on strike

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I got a letter in the mail saying wether to vote yes or no in favor of going on strike if they cant come to an agreement to the new contract. Im gonna vote yes, are there any reasons i should vote no

The letter said its a strong bargaining chip to bring to the table knowing we have the fortitude to go on strike

Wise choice, as stated from previous postings, there is NO reason to vote NO if you are expecting any kind of a good contract. This is a standard of procedure, do you seriously think that UPS has not formulated every scenario. It all depends on the strength of the YES votes and the participation of the membership, they are counting on the apathy and victim mentality of their employees.

We will find out soon had this electronic voting goes, I had to do it by phone because I couldn't get to the site on line to cast my vote, it was a simple procedure. For those newer members, please remember that there is a strike fund in place for the average part timer it will be about 150 per week (5 X your monthly union dues). You will not be paid the first week but you will be getting paid the rest of the time, if there is a strike lasting more than a week. It appears the union is pushing for a 15 dollar per hour starting rate which is the minimum wage in California, this is a no brainer. I am guessing that if successful the average part timer will be getting an addition 2 or 3 dollars per hour plus additional contractual raises which I hope are not split and equal at least a dollar per hour. On the other side you will be hearing the same old mantra from the company that they cannot afford it, yeah right, they can easily afford a dollar per hour raise on wages, pension and health and welfare after gutting their non union's pay and benefits.

The concern of the so called hybrid 22.4's really depends on their starting wages and protection of current and future full time driving positions. This could be a win win for both parties, the company will have the ability to provide expanding services and the union will be creating more full time positions to help promote the part time employees, the devil is in the details as always.

If the vote is overwhelming in favor of a strike you can count on a little more activity by corporate to settle this. The national news media will start to get involved and it could start hurting their bottom line, stock value and customer base. UPS is a hell of a lot larger than it was back in "97", it will lose big time if a strike occurs. This negotiation will probably not be settled till July 31 at midnight, both parties can extend the contract if the union feels that the company is bargaining in good faith and offers a contract that will pass on the the first vote including the supplements. Again the money is there to keep everybody happy, if it doesn't happen with this contract it will never happen if the way the economy is booming and profit margins growing.