Indecisi0n

No No No!!!! All the way down will lock up the brakes. It takes practice . Just a little down at a time until you feel the set slowing down. Practice in the yard. I showed an on-road sup this method and he told me that UPS is against doing this because it does take a lot of skill to do it right. And doing this would probably cause more accidents than prevent.

Maybe the best thing is just to go real slow in snow and ice conditions.
Just pull both valves (joking)

KoWag

No No No!!!! All the way down will lock up the brakes. It takes practice . Just a little down at a time until you feel the set slowing down. Practice in the yard. I showed an on-road sup this method and he told me that UPS is against doing this because it does take a lot of skill to do it right. And doing this would probably cause more accidents than prevent.

Im all about practice, I won't do this on route until I know what I'm doing. Safety first, slow and steady .thank you for your response

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...

Slow in snow, park it in the ice.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
I used to practice this on very wide spots of snow and ice off road. You speed up like you said and pull the hand valve just a touch and as soon as it starts straightening up let up on both.

the hand valve thing is very tricky as each tractor is different when using the pull down handle. too much and it could make things worse. it's just practice with the same tractor if possible . I'd rather practice some of these moves rather than learn them the hard way in real life road conditions. Plus as you probably already know each set reacts differently: heavy load , empty , lighter loads . brake adjustments. On snow nights I always brought my sets to the shop to have brake adjustments. Usually the mechanic found several out of adjustment and/or different. That can make the difference between a jack knife accident or a safe stop.

I was practicing once at a huge empty high school parking lot and the janitor called the police. They came and asked what I was doing and after I told them they hung around and watched for a bit.

I say Bologna

gatorkev85

Past week one of feeder school today so I got my cdl and Im on to week two next week. Looks like were gonna be getting a lot of rain so it should be fun to drive my 1st full week worrying about that the whole time my trainer is with me. Hopefully the weather man is wrong cause I'd like a little more time before driving a 53' when its pouring down

Indecisi0n

Past week one of feeder school today so I got my cdl and Im on to week two next week. Looks like were gonna be getting a lot of rain so it should be fun to drive my 1st full week worrying about that the whole time my trainer is with me. Hopefully the weather man is wrong cause I'd like a little more time before driving a 53' when its pouring down
I had a few of those rainy nights. Was awesome.

KoWag

Yay good job!!

Coldworld

So I decided I am not going to buy a trucker gps but rather just a Bluetooth headset. My question is if I were to get jammed up and use my phone gps (I know to be mindful of clearance/restrictions) what phone mount holders do you guys use ? I assume most use windshield mounts? I don't want to have to look down at my phone in the cut holder.
Good choice...

govols019

You smell that?
So I decided I am not going to buy a trucker gps but rather just a Bluetooth headset. My question is if I were to get jammed up and use my phone gps (I know to be mindful of clearance/restrictions) what phone mount holders do you guys use ? I assume most use windshield mounts? I don't want to have to look down at my phone in the cut holder.

This is the one I use and have been happy with it: Phone Holder for Car, Mpow Universal Car Phone Mount with Strong Sticky Gel Pad, Adjustable Dashboard Windshield Cell Phone iPhone Mount Holder Cradle for iPhone 6S/6/8/8Plus/7/7S/7plus/5/5S Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 edge/S8/8 Plus/a5/S5/S4/Note 2/Note 8Plus/L

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
@Indecisi0n
When you break a dolly off the front trailer, don't be a putz and do this:
FAA33645-C21D-482B-A518-BE0C848EF850.jpeg

Do it like this:
1E6E0DFF-404B-46A3-AFC8-E2BDA8D6703A.jpeg