Johney

Pineapple King
Not sure I understand what you mean. We have four guys here who went through training in the last year. One was able to bid a run and now has friend/T feeder driver status. One works a lot but has been bumped back to package a few times he is considered feeder back-up. The other two have not worked at all yet but are considered feeder back-up.There are two more set to go into training but haven't yet.
Edit: Let me add that the guy who was able to bid and get seniority has his date of when he bid the run. The other 3 have no date by their name on the seniority list.

ReLooped

I'm utility...AGAIN!?
In general in a situation like this of too many student for available instructors if they are going to push off the training of anyone READY for class then it has to be done by seniority. I.e. the lowest seniority people will have to wait.
Allowing them to just pick whomever they train/postpone WILL come back to bite those employees later on as the date of their training will become their FT date which will affect everything from vacation /job/layoff in the future.

ok well here's the question: there was another driver who showed up and his permit didn't have the proper endorsement. yet he was allowed to stay provided he cleared up the issue the next day. meanwhile i'm ready to go, all my paperwork and requirements have been met for the class. do have something legitimate to complain about?

govols019

You smell that?
ok well here's the question: there was another driver who showed up and his permit didn't have the proper endorsement. yet he was allowed to stay provided he cleared up the issue the next day. meanwhile i'm ready to go, all my paperwork and requirements have been met for the class. do have something legitimate to complain about?

We were told that corporate policy is that no training can begin until all proper paperwork is in place.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Just plan on it happening at least once in your feeder career. When your set of doubles comes to a complete quick stop in the middle of 4 lanes of rush hour traffic and your driving in the path of least resistance you won't make it to the shoulder.

Not trying to freak you out but this event seems to be fairly common and can be dangerous.

I know several feeder drivers that had their red lines rip off the dolly on a bridge in heavy traffic. NOT FUN!

Just giving you a heads up.:wink2:
Been there. Done that. I465 in Indy. 5 lanes rush hour traffic. Stopped in the third lane. Right two lanes exit only a mile up the road.

I thought I was going to get rear ended. Could not even get out and put airline back on. Cars whizzing by at 65 MPH.

Luckily a Trooper came by after about 5 minutes and blocked a traffic lane so I could get out and replace line.

Funny thing is he said with an attitude..."I don't suppose you called anyone yet, did you?

I told him I just replaced the hose, give me a minute to build up some air pressure and I will be on my way. Did not give him a chance to reply. Walked back to the tractor and got out of there as soon as I could.

Hi guy's i applied for a sleeper team for Hodgkins Il. does anyone know if they are still hiring for those positions? I applied online but it didn't ask for a phone # just email, is that normal? It said i meet the requirements to apply. But didn't ask for employment info or anything. I currently drive for Holland and it sounds like that would be a super deal! Any info. would be greatly appreciated!

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Hi guy's i applied for a sleeper team for Hodgkins Il. does anyone know if they are still hiring for those positions? I applied online but it didn't ask for a phone # just email, is that normal? It said i meet the requirements to apply. But didn't ask for employment info or anything. I currently drive for Holland and it sounds like that would be a super deal! Any info. would be greatly appreciated!
Are you currently in the Chicago area?

I know 710 is hiring off the street but usually sleeper runs are a premium spot which would be up for bid if available. I can't see existing 710 feeder drivers standing by while sleeper drivers are hired off the street but take a shot.

MaceFremonti

Feeder Tip #134
Watch out on the PA Turnpike for idiots passing you ON THE SHOULDER at 65+ mph who then realize they probably don't have enough time to avoid the construction sign on the shoulder and cut back in front of you so close that you can't even see their back window.

JFC!

At least I saw him go behind me to get on the shoulder so I was slowing down but he was inches away from having a Kenworth and two pups for dinner.

Jersey plates of course.