Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I fail to see how this is worth the potential risk of damaging the equipment and being charged with an accident. Here is a better solution: drop the rear box, stop the tractor, then get out and unhook the dolly. How much long does that take? Two minutes?
I don't get it. Is it laziness or a burner mentality?

I don't do it too often, but if I have to, I'll do the hero hook-up. It is a handy skill to know, because there are going to be times when manhandling a dolly is out of the question, like in gravel or snow. But I always make sure that dolly will get under the back trailer before I blindly back. If that means getting out, then that's what I'll do.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't get the advantage of doing this.

Pickles

Any chance of getting this on video. I would love to see that done. Sounds hella cool and kinda dangerous.

Yeah, I will never in my life try it, or want anyone in my center to try it, but if someone filmed it I would watch it.

And now that we talk about this, I once saw a shifter try to pull (with a chain) an attached dolly from a rear trailer with no front trailer. I imagine this was because someone tried this risky ass maneuver and failed.

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
Yeah, I will never in my life try it, or want anyone in my center to try it, but if someone filmed it I would watch it.

And now that we talk about this, I once saw a shifter try to pull (with a chain) an attached dolly from a rear trailer with no front trailer. I imagine this was because someone tried this risky ass maneuver and failed.

Odd are that dolly was like that because someone forgot to put the pin in on the pintle hook.

MaceFremonti

Here's something for the newbies to shoot for.

On my old run I usually had a 2 hour wait until my meet guy would show up. Most days I had an entire truck stop parking lot all to myself. I used to practice doing this every morning.
Tried doing it on property one night when all the pull through slots were full......eventually got my back trailer in a spot but it's ALOT more difficult with shifters and other drivers all around you......although I did get a couple of "You a baaaad dude!" high fives when I was done....LOL

Probably been nine months since I tried it....might not even be able to do it anymore....

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Not something that I ever practiced. I was pretty good at backing the dolly on the front box and hooking up that way, tho. I backed up a couple of times when somebody blocked me in and I needed to get out of a bind. It wasn't near as far as on the video, however.

MaceFremonti

At NEWPA today cruising around the 400 row looking for my front trailer when lo and behold I see a 250+ lb Feeder driver relieving himself between two trailers.

Will never get that image out of my brain.....which brings me to....

Feeder Tip#133
When nature calls, and no facilities seem to be available, face the equipment that you are using for a urinal else you may subject one of your coworkers to a bird's eye view of YOUR equipment.

NEWPA never ceases to amaze me.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
At NEWPA today cruising around the 400 row looking for my front trailer when lo and behold I see a 250+ lb Feeder driver relieving himself between two trailers.

Feeder Tip#133
When nature calls, and no facilities seem to be available, face the equipment that you are using for a urinal else you may subject one of your coworkers to a bird's eye view of YOUR equipment.

The 400 row isn't that far from the break room, what a lazy driver. Although, he didn't get to be 250lbs by walking frivolously.

MoarTape

Feeder Tip#133

The 400 line has been mess as of late. Perhaps he got lost and had to drink his own urine for sustenance.

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
On that subject, if I catch anyone peeing on the dolly in my set I'll Tiger Woods your balls with my pin puller.
One and only warning.

MaceFremonti

Then there was the time I saw someone pulled over on Route 68 in Maryland dropping a Boston Steamer on the side of the interstate. It was freezing out and he was squatted down over the snow bank.....and it really was steaming.

Since I was in a rental I made sure I gave the country horn a nice long pull as I went by.