MaceFremonti

I'm pretty sure we have a 239xxx. I've gotten really spoiled over the last year as the oldest tractor that I have had is a 2723xx. Dispatch tried to give me a 267xxx one morning but during my very thorough pretrip I found a multitude of issues which resulted in my taking a rental that day....an automatic rental.

UPS4Life

We just got a bunch of old 262, 264, and 265 macks. There's even a 240 in there. We just get the scraps from the golden ones out in HarPA
Rumor is we are only allowed so many diesel trucks in our fleet now due to the grants for the LNG's. So when you take our 262 and 264's now we get rentals. Why they don't just transfer the paper work to you and leave us the truck is beyond me.

MoarTape

Rumor is we are only allowed so many diesel trucks in our fleet now due to the grants for the LNG's. So when you take our 262 and 264's now we get rentals. Why they don't just transfer the paper work to you and leave us the truck is beyond me.

Rumor also has it that a second hub is going to go up in Harrisburg. If that happens, we won't need the tractors anyway. They'll take everything they can out of New Stanton.

UPS4Life

Rumor also has it that a second hub is going to go up in Harrisburg. If that happens, we won't need the tractors anyway. They'll take everything they can out of New Stanton.
Yeah I started hearing that too.... Hopefully by the time that building is built those tractors are long gone. Nothing wrong with the tractors don't want the headache of another or two buildings. As along as it's not a 263 snub nose those were the absolute worse trucks I had to drive. Sorry for those who had to drive worse I'm still a noob only been driving 3 years or so

MoarTape

Yeah I started hearing that too.... Hopefully by the time that building is built those tractors are long gone. Nothing wrong with the tractors don't want the headache of another or two buildings. As along as it's not a 263 snub nose those were the absolute worse trucks I had to drive. Sorry for those who had to drive worse I'm still a noob only been driving 3 years or so

Is it actually going to be built? Bad news for us if it is. As it is now, we only have 130 runs and 230+ drivers.

excessivehours

Now in the drug test pool
I had a rental for one of my first Peaks. It was nice to have heat and a radio. This one even had shelves. What sucked was the "bulkhead door" was about 3' high.

I learned the hard way that they don't have the ground clearance that a pkg car does.
Um, hey jackwagon, in the feeder world the rentals are usually a upgrade over the UPS tractors. I am still amazed how often you comment on matters you don't have a clue on.

Not many of us have a thread about ourselves like you do. And it's well deserved.

http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/why-all-the-hate-on-upstate.344347/

UPS4Life

Is it actually going to be built? Bad news for us if it is. As it is now, we only have 130 runs and 230+ drivers.
Like I said I started hearing that we bought land but you know how this place is. Until I see a building going up or a design layout in dispatch or somewhere it's just all speculation to me. Even if we were to get another building it would still take probably 5 or 6 years.

Sent using BrownCafe App

MoarTape

Like I said I started hearing that we bought land but you know how this place is. Until I see a building going up or a design layout in dispatch or somewhere it's just all speculation to me. Even if we were to get another building it would still take probably 5 or 6 years.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Yep. Pretty much all I've heard as well.

rkctkc

We have some 274xxx LNG tractors that are automatic. When I go in on Fridays I get to choose whichever tractor that is in the yard so I always try to find the keys to one of these

ReLooped

I'm utility...AGAIN!?
finally had enough seniority for the next class woo! it's the last one of the year, and the class is super small (3 openings). after HR messed up in july i was worried i'd have to wait till next year. anyone here buy their own equipment? like the kingpin hooks or tire thumpers?

edit:

about 3 months back one of our feeder trainers almost got smooshed. apparently he and a student were at a trailer, and a driver in front of them had parked and forgot to engage the parking brake. he survived but he almost lost his arm/leg and had to have part of his intestines removed. i haven't gotten much detail other than that. but i think hearing that will make me remember "parking brake parking brake parking brake!!! oh and this was at the ontario, CA hub

Last edited:

rkctkc

Mack or Kenworth auto?

Kenworth, and when you are backing then up they are real jumpy. If you come off the gas to kind of coast to the dock door it ends up stopping on you. there is no ease on the gas to finish the back slowly, when you tap the gas you go slamming into the dock.

excessivehours

Now in the drug test pool
You need a flashlight and leather work gloves.
Also you might want some spray brake cleaner in the can to remove the grease that will get on your uniforms. It is funny how the wife will get upset when the grease on your uniform won't come out in the wash but seems to melt in the dryer and multiply onto other garments. Ask me how I know that.

rowan

After a week in the yard parking the 53' is still really tough for me. Im not sure if its just the size but they scare the crap out of me.