I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
Still can’t get that link to work
Screenshot_20240315_183045_Chrome.jpg

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
A friend of mine who is still in my old department and has been a sleeper driver for years called me today and asked me to post a question on here. He wants to know if any other sleeper driver has seen the new sleeper team optimization schedule.
What I hear is they were supposed to start sleeper runs beginning of March, 1 month before brown. They pushed it back and now sleeper and brown work are doing bids at the same time. Article 43 committee met last week and is probably the reason behind the delay. Long story short, the runs haven’t been optimized yet and are being rushed out and will probably have to bid again after re-optimization some time soon. In other words, a giant cluster friend.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Strongly disagree. Sun is coming up in 2 hours and you have daylight the rest of your shift. 5am runs get snatched up quick by the really senior guys.

Also if you can sleep 9-4 that’s almost a normal sleep schedule, and you get free time in the afternoon

Package should start at 5

ManInBrown

Strongly disagree. Sun is coming up in 2 hours and you have daylight the rest of your shift. 5am runs get snatched up quick by the really senior guys.
Anything not shifting from 4am on is the most senior drivers. the lowest drivers get stuck on 12am-2am. That’s the cutoff. 4am is prime.

averageguy14

I know someone else mentioned about sleepers but just curious. Did any other building lay off a good bit of their sleeper teams? Asking because supposedly out of my building they might be firing a few for not taking meal. Been a big push, more so than usual about our sleeper teams fulfilling their meal period regardless if they are DOT compliant. I get it, it’s in the contract and still slow but I haven’t really seen them go this far with pushing meal before. Even made them sign a document that said they would before they left out for the week.

ManInBrown

I know someone else mentioned about sleepers but just curious. Did any other building lay off a good bit of their sleeper teams? Asking because supposedly out of my building they might be firing a few for not taking meal. Been a big push, more so than usual about our sleeper teams fulfilling their meal period regardless if they are DOT compliant. I get it, it’s in the contract and still slow but I haven’t really seen them go this far with pushing meal before. Even made them sign a document that said they would before they left out for the week.
We lost 8 sleeper jobs about a year ago. Little under 50% of what we had. Don’t know what you mean by laid off. The drivers who could no longer bid sleeper went back to local.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Flavor of the week. next week it will be something else

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
You must be from the hub that just fired two teams for disabling Bluetooth and driving on meal.