At fault. Preventable.

!Retired!

Happened back in NYC quite a while back. Newer courier, maybe 6 months in. Light turned green, he went to make a right but had to stop for the pedestrians. Hit from behind and was called preventable. He told the manager, I was there for the conversation...
'You and I both know that it was unpreventable'
'Maybe, but that's company policy. You can GFT it and it would most likely be changed'
'That's dumb. If I have to go through this whole process to prove that there was no way I could've prevented it, you can have my ID'.
He quit on the spot.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Happened back in NYC quite a while back. Newer courier, maybe 6 months in. Light turned green, he went to make a right but had to stop for the pedestrians. Hit from behind and was called preventable. He told the manager, I was there for the conversation...
'Maybe, but that's company policy. You can GFT it and it would most likely be changed'
'That's dumb. If I have to go through this whole process to prove that there was no way I could've prevented it, you can have my ID'.
He quit on the spot.

It was preventable as he did not properly clearly the intersection before proceeding, which then led to the car behind him thinking it was safe to proceed.

We had a driver who did the same except she was the second car. She works on the inside as a 22.3.

!Retired!

It was preventable as he did not properly clearly the intersection before proceeding, which then led to the car behind him thinking it was safe to proceed.

We had a driver who did the same except she was the second car. She works on the inside as a 22.3.
You should know.....when you drive, don't THINK you know what the other driver is going to do, you have to KNOW what their doing before you do your thing. How many times have you not made a right because there was a car coming from your left? Even if they have their right directional on....

bbsam

Staff member
I had a driver hit a lady in front of him when she "didn't properly clear the intersection". I was charged with a preventable. Wtf?! Screwed no matter what?

Oldfart

He quit on the spot.
He showed them by quitting. Now he is working the cash register at Burger King.

Oldfart

EXACTLY. While you are waiting on the light to change, you are supposed to be scanning the intersection for obstacles. Pedestrians crossing the street should have been observed while sitting at the red light. NYC has so many pedestrians that having to wait to make a right should not be a surprise. That idiot driver decided to quit instead of fighting what you and him thought was an unjust letter. Sounds like everyone is better off without that employee. Quitters never win and winners never quit.

MAKAVELI

EXACTLY. While you are waiting on the light to change, you are supposed to be scanning the intersection for obstacles. Pedestrians crossing the street should have been observed while sitting at the red light. NYC has so many pedestrians that having to wait to make a right should not be a surprise. That idiot driver decided to quit instead of fighting what you and him thought was an unjust letter. Sounds like everyone is better off without that employee. Quitters never win and winners never quit.
Most people that I know who have quit FedEx went on to bigger and better things.

Oldfart

Mickey D's?

BTW, do any of you miss MFE?
What happened to him? Did he get committed for anger and hatred issues? Or did he take his 9 million $ net worth and retire to the Bahamas. That is ONE angry and bitter person. Life must have dealt him a very bad hand.

Last edited:

Oldfart

By bigger and better I mean more pay, benefits and less stress. The Obama years has improved the job market out here in Cali where it really isn't that hard to find something comparable or better.
I guess Obama must have concentrated his efforts in Liberal Cali. The economy around here is still very fragile. Very little home construction and small business are still suffering. Jobs paying $20 to $28 an hour are in very short supply around here.

MAKAVELI

I guess Obama must have concentrated his efforts in Liberal Cali. The economy around here is still very fragile. Very little home construction and small business are still suffering. Jobs paying $20 to $28 an hour are in very short supply around here.
Supply and demand old flatulence. There's no jobs where you are at probably because nobody wants to live there.

It will be fine

What happened to him? Did he get committed for anger and hatred issues? Or did he take his 9 million $ net worth and retire to the Bahamas. That is ONE angry and bitter person. Life must have dealt him a very bad hand.
He got put on the mod queue and hasn't posted since. He couldn't behave and have reasonable discussions without personal attacks. You should take notice.

Oldfart

He got put on the mod queue and hasn't posted since. He couldn't behave and have reasonable discussions without personal attacks. You should take notice.
What is mod queue? Just making an observation. Can anyone possibly disagree with the observation that he was an angry bitter person?

bacha29

Considering your penchant for silly rambling, do you think he's going to extend the conversation any longer than he has to?

Certainly. You're insane. How's that?
Crazy enough to see that every unfavorable comment I make about your perfect little company places you on the verge of a nervous break down. Next time you're scheduled to go to the Fedex Mind Control and Reeducation Academy , do yourself a favor. Try to find an excuse for not going that they might accept. Clearly you've already been there too many times. Tell you what if you want to you could offer me as a replacement. Sounds to me like the place could use a disrupter like me.